You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Meaning In A Dream?

Real Ghost Stories

Meaning In A Dream?

 

I'm not real sure what category this story needs to be posted under so I chose Misc. I have submitted two others but they haven't been posted yet. Before I post this one, I would like to ask something of any readers who take the time to read this one and even my other ones. I have read a lot of other stories posted here more or less to see if anyone has ever had any similar experiences and what other people's thoughts are. I ask that you please don't bash me or insinuate that what I share are made up stories.

I have shared the fishing experience my husband and I had, and I have shared the experience my stepsister and I had with the car headlights.

This one has to do with my Dad and a different one that has to do with the house I live in. As far as any others, none come to mind.

My Dad passed away when I was only six. Not suddenly really, he had been sick for about a year and a half. A few weeks before he died, my Mother told me he had a bad dream one night and it woke him up. She said he was sitting straight up in bed, broke out in a cold sweat and shaking. She said he told her he dreamed that his Dad was standing on top of a hill and his sister was standing halfway down the hill saying "Come on pokey, we are waiting on you. We don't have all day." His Dad had passed away three years prior to this and his sister had passed away the summer before. His sister had been the only one to call him "pokey". My Mom said it clearly upset my Dad. He passed away almost three weeks after that.

This did not happen to me, but in a way I guess it did, it involved my Dad and the fact he is no longer with me. My Mom still gets teary eyed when she thinks about it and that has been thirty three years ago. I will write about my experience about my house in another post, I don't want to make this one too long.

Other hauntings by butterfly66

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, butterfly66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

butterfly66 (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Thanks for all your comments. I am surprised, well not really surprised as much as fascinated that other people have had somewhat of a similar experience. I am greatly comforted too to think that he didn't go alone, he had loved ones with him too as he made his journey. I never really thought of it that way until I read all of your kind replies. Thank you all!
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Butterfly, thanks for sharing this. My Grandmother lived with us before she passed. She had lung cancer and a few hours before she passed she told my Mom that she had a few visitors with her. She was with all her faculties until the end. When my Mom asked her who had visited she told her that it was no one that she would know.

Jennifer ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Hi butterfly66, This is a sad story, and I am sorry you lost your Dad at such a young age. I do believe that a loved one will come for you when it's your time. My Grandmother swore that my Grandfather, and her mother were standing by her beside in the hospital before she passed away. I can understand how upset your Dad must have been to have his father and sister calling for him, but at least he knew he had family waiting for him. Thanks for sharing your story, and take care 😊 ❤
miche101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
what you're talking about doesn't sound too far fetched to me... My uncle (who was like my father) once said 'its a shame this will be the only time I will see my 2 girls in white" (older cousin getting married, youger cousin was flower girl)...he said this before he was diagnosed with terminal cancer... He knew something was not right with his body before the drs had the chance to tell him.
I have been told that sometimes people know more about what is really happening in their own bodies than the drs do.
Your dad had some kind of 'insight'...I was also told that sometimes just before a person dies either Jesus comes for you or someone you were once very close to in life comes for you... It sounds like the people who were very close to your dad came for him in his dream.
This happened to my uncle & my mom.
Hope this is of some comfort & help. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: