You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Calling An Old Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Calling An Old Friend

 

I will provide a background that is necessary to understand the full scope of the story.

When I was in high school I had a very good friend, he dated one of my cousins, which in my family was more like a sibling. During his senior year he was involved in an accident and was killed.

The story starts a few years later; I had learned about various gifts that people in my family had inherited and had been experimenting for some time. My cousin was skeptic, but she was also intrigued to see if I could do anything. At this time we worked together and she was seeing one of our co-workers, who had become another of my close friends. One night after work he was coming over to my house to hang out, she rode home with him; it would have been between 9:30-10:00 pm. I was young, and really not considering any consequences of anything, so I asked them if they would want to check out a ritual I had made to contact the other side. Thankfully I no longer remember the particular ritual enough to explain it, but as the lights were off and the candles out we all experienced something. We had asked to speak to my old friend. My cousin (Who used to date him) said she felt someone tickling her sides as he often did. My friend (The new boyfriend) said that he had felt like someone was upset with him, not angry, and did not want him there. I had the worst feeling, I could feel something definitely evil lingering outside of a curtained window, as soon as we told each other our feeling we turned all of the lights back on, and walked my cousin home (She lived next door). After a while I finally felt comfortable being at home again and my friend left.

The next day I had agreed to watch my nephew (Different Aunt). I was cleaning the house before he got there and that included taking school books and other junk from the living room to my bedroom. One my second trip to my bedroom I noticed a long carpet fiber in the hall, with my hands full I decided I would pick it up on my way back. When I walked back down the hall I was shocked to find that the fiber was not a fiber, a snake had somehow managed to get in our house, this has never happened before or since. I was frozen in my bedroom doorway as snakes are a crippling fear for me.

Needless to say, I now always think of any possible consequences before attempting anything involving my family's gifts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheRisingTide, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shylaw (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Sounds like my family... But only I have a gift no one believes me about it... I had the gift to see sprits and be able to talk to them. Scary things happen to me. Sometimes I would wake up and wouldn't be able to move and I would see this shadow standing there looking down at me and sometimes I would hear cries. Can you tell me what this thing is I'm not sure it is a sprit... All I know is that it wants to harm me... Help?
chicalovesu92 (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
i did that too. But I was studying wicca. And I was summoning an old friend that died and my friends and I were having the weirdest feelings. I felt more happy than I ever did b4. And I finnally found out he was following my every move. I am blessed that I can see him. He still follows me, and people get freaked out if they see him. I think its funny. ❤ 😁 😊
TheRisingTide (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
My family has several different gifts, but I seem to be the only one to nurture them, and as they are not all related to ghosts I didn't fel a need to elaborate on them here. As far as this story goes the only one I used was trying to contact ghosts, but at the time I was in a very angry place in my life and can't help but feel like that may have bled over into what we did.

[at] biblefreeme - This was the first, and last time, that we ever had a snake in our home.
AlexaBredon (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
What type of gifts does your family have if I may ask. That could help me pinpoint what the snake represented and why you felt an evil presence. If you want e-mail me the info and I'll try to help you.

Commenting on Noelle11
You should always use caution when dealing with any gifts they can be dangerous if you don't know how to control the gift (s)
Noelle11 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Whenever I've seen or called a ghost, it has been a very nice, comforting feeling in the air, not bad. I think it may be coincidence, but it was kind of you to warn us. What kind of gifts does your family have?
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
sorry don't see the conection it was just a snake that got into the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: