You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Tyler's Last Moments

Real Ghost Stories

Tyler's Last Moments

 

This story isn't anything like my last few, and to be honest it stirs up emotions. I have mentioned that I was dating a girl named Rachel off and on for some time. This story takes place between August 31st 10:00PM and September 1st 5:00AM 2007. I had Just Broken up With Rachel for good, and I was feeling pretty down. I wasn't even excited for my upcoming Birthday (September 14th), not that I usually am. Little did I know that the following day I would be given a real reason to be down.

That night I went to bed early for me, probably around 9:00PM I'm not sure what time I fell asleep, but I was lying awake for some time. I finally fell asleep and in my dreams I saw a man writhing in pain on the floor. At first I could not see who this person was, but gradually as the image began to focus I was seeing familiar traits. Finally when the Picture was completely focused I recognized who the man in front of me was. His Name was Tyler, and he was my cousin, he was 24 at the time, today he would be 27. He appeared to be in great pain and as I watched him he didn't seem to notice me for some time. I reached out to him, and he suddenly became aware of my presence, he looked at me for a moment and then he reached for me as well.

Before our hands came together though, he started convulsing violently; I couldn't seem to get any closer to him although I was trying very hard. He suddenly stopped convulsing, and rolled over onto his back, his eyes had receded into his head, and his mouth was foaming. His image began to blur again, and I realized it was the tears welling up in my eyes. I woke up to the sound of screams, only they were my own screams, and I soon discovered that the tears were real. I looked to the clock and I saw that it was 4:00AM; I wiped the tears from my eyes and attempted to sleep. After about half an hour I realized I wasn't going to sleep, I couldn't stop replaying my dream over and over and over again.

So I got out my dream Journal (Yes I keep a dream Journal, I know, I know, I am the biggest dork ever) and I wrote down my dream. By the end of my passage the page was covered in tears, I kept telling myself, "It was only a dream, and you are being foolish." But I just couldn't shake that feeling, and I didn't sleep the rest of the night.

I got to work at 8:00AM and went on working, still with this horrible image in my head. I hated work that day I just wanted to go home, or call Tyler, but I was too frightened to call him so I ignored my Impulses. I got home around 5:00PM that day, Rachel called me and we fought, she said something terrible to me, along the lines of her wishing me pain or whatever. Not moments after I hung up on her I got another phone call, it was my grandmother. She asked me to sit down and she wouldn't tell me why. My fears began to take hold of me and I was hyperventilating long before I ever sat down.

I was sitting now, and I told my Grandmother I was ready, that's when she broke the news. "Brandon Honey... Tyler... Your Cousin... He died last night" She paused and I let the words sink in; I felt that I already knew this though.

"How?" is all I could manage to say.

"He overdosed, his roommate found him around 7 this morning, the police say he died sometime in the night." Her words hit me like a ton of Lead, I felt like I had been there and hadn't done anything to help.

At the funeral when I saw his body all I could say to him, my aunt, uncle, and cousins, was sorry.

I later told my Grandmother what I had dreamt; I even showed her the passage in my dream journal. She proceeded to tell me that not all apparitions are dead; a dying person can project their image to loved ones, through dreams normally. I wasn't sure if I believed her, but I researched it, and it was confirmed.

I miss you Tyler and I love you.

Other hauntings by BrandonCR

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrandonCR, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Haha I already have a better girlfriend, in fact I'm married now and have 2 children, My wife couldn't get any better.
cguerra (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
❤ Hi Brandon, sorry to hear the sad news. I also believe that his time was up. Even though you saw him in the manner that you did, I think in some way he wanted to communicate with you before leaving this world. I hope you feel better soon. Time does heal everything, I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. I also hope you find a better girlfriend 😉. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
C.
hughsyz (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
It's bad losing someone who is a family relative. R.I.P. Tyler
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
Thank you for sharing this beautiful well written story with us. It must be really hard to be able to see something that you try to blot out. I have done so many a time. Your Grandmother's are true as you found out for yourself. I really hope you have managed to move on with the all the good memories you shared with Tyler.

Thank you once again for sharing your story.

Surya
NativeOne (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Brandon
That was a very moving experience. I had a similar experience a few years ago when my grandpa died. He had been ill but suddenly took a bad turn around midnight on the day of his 87th birthday. I was dreaming of elderly, ill people in a nursing home setting which is where he was at the time. I woke up choking and crying also, couldn't understand it or get back to sleep. My mother called me the next morning that Grandpa had died shortly after midnight, complications from his emphysema. (choking?) I also had a lot of guilt because I hadn't been able to make to trip to see him on what was to be his last birthday but I take peace in the fact that my Grandma was with him when he took his last breath, she was the love of his life and she joined him one & a half years later. Peace be with you.
NativeOne
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
I am sorry hear about your cousin and I lost my father that evening in april 2, 1990 Its not dream but I was alone in my room watch tv and homework at the same times then some how I feel something touch my shoulder then look on my right nobody there that when I got a bad news that my father died of heart attack at in his early 40's so young... I know how you feeling I did have dream of him though just to visiting.
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Wow bbsgurl1023 and BrandonCR their both amazing stories.

Although I am so sorry for both of your loss.

I am amazed to hear that you can project to someone as you die. Its comforting to know that we and loved ones don't have to be alone when the end comes.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Thank you all for your sentiment, it means a lot to me. BBsgurl Its very good to hear I am not alone, I was told that this sort of thing was common, but still it's nice to have a little proof. Tyler is gone now and I have accepted that, I'm no longer Mourning, but I do miss him a lot.
bbsgurl1023 (11 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I recently lost my grandfather to lung cancer and I had a similar yet not as dramatic incedent. It was tuesday morning and I was awake at the time becasue I was babysitting my sisters. My mom had left a little while before and I had just sat down on the couch to watch a movie. I dozed a little bit and while in the doze I had a kind of of flashback to my childhood with my grandfather. We were sitting in his backyard and I was playing on a swing hanging form thier willow tree. My grandfather looked up at me and said "you know I have to go right?" I said "yes I know", he bent over and kissed my cheek and said "I love you, beautiful" (that is what he has always called me) then he walked away and I woke up. I remeber it was 9:30 becasue that is when I have to feed my dogs in the morning. I found out later that that was the time when my grandfather passed away my grandmother told me he kind of went into almost a trance and he whispered some words she couldn't hear then he passed. I know that my grandfather was thinking of me when he died and he wanted to say goodbye to me becasue I couldn't be there with him so he came to me with the memory of when I was young. Sorry this was so long but I wanted to share it and the website isn't accepting submissions right now. I also wanted to let you know your not alone and I believe you becasue it has happened to me.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Brandon, I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how difficult it was for you to hear the news of his death after having that dream. You must of had a very strong connection with your cousin. It's natural to feel like there is something you could have done, but sometimes it's just beyond our control. Take Care ❤
Mandy27Sue (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
I am so sorry for your lost. I can't imagine the torment that you must have went through. I hope you don't blame yourself for anything and that Tyler may rest in peace.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Brandon: This must have been very difficult for you to write out...But, it's another step in the healing process... My condolances, of course...

I think your Grandma is right... Though there seems to be nothing you could do to stop it... ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
It's not an easy thing to lose someone. It seems like you may feel a bit like you could have done something more. You did exactly what Tyler meant for you to do. I'm sure that having you there with him brought him comfort. No one wants to cross over alone, and he had you there with him. Not physically, but in spirit. Take comfort in knowing that you truly did all for him that was in your power to do.
Blessings ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: