You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Cottage

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Cottage

 

I must tell you about this house I used to live in, about 15 years ago. My ex partner and I had to find somewhere to live in a hurry and even though I had an uneasy feeling about this place we took it anyway not sure why I didn't like it I just didn't like the stairs.

After we had been there a week I came down about 2am to the kitchen and as I stood there I could hear a mumble of conversation around me it was definitely a male and a female not talking I think more like arguing. I listened really hard but just could not make out any words. I asked out loud if they could hear me and it just stopped.

A few weeks later I was having a lie in when I felt a hard jabbing in my back I turned round with an angry "what" thinking it was my partner and no one was there in fact I was alone in the house, while there I also had a lot of corner of the eye stuff but only of small animals, there was a brown rat in the kitchen and a couple of cats in the garden you also heard them fighting, and silly things like water turning itself on. The spookiest thing and only thing that bothered me was this one time, I was alone so when I went to the bathroom I didn't bother closing the door and could see strait through onto my bed. So I'm sitting there and I see a black thing streak over the bed and disappear out of view. Thinking my dog was on my bed I called him and he came running up the stairs so it wasn't him I saw.

There was other little things and I'm sure I've forgot some, any way after being there 6 months a man shows up on our doorstep saying he was the previous tenant and did we have any post for him. We where deep in the usual polite chitchat when he said" have you met the ghost yet" well if he had said here's a hundred pound, I wouldn't have been happier.

We swapped stories and decided that it was definitely the master bedroom (where I'd seen the black thing) that was the centre of the haunt. After I moved out I also knew the next tenant who would always complain that when she had made the bed (master bedroom again) her husband would always muck up the covers he of course denied this which made sense when I told her about the house.

Apologies for a badly written story I missed a lot of school so I appear intelligent when I talk but not when I write.

Other hauntings by biblefreeme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, biblefreeme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rdarwish (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I think your writing would improve a great deal if you simply read what you have written before submitting an entry. Commas and periods are helpful, and it is very hard to even understand this story.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
bayou_nate perhaps I should put it like this god as a force of good does exist within us all. That which is me when at my complete journeys end will eventualy become one with the whole (god) once more, I don't mean when I die this time I mean when I have lived and died many lives and learnt what I'm suposed to that will be my coming home so to speak, now as for the god of the bible that speaks via burning hedges and impregnates virgins,
(I mean whos she trying to kid really joseph how gulible are you) that's the god I don't do id rather not entertain that insecure bloodthirsty bully thank you. If any one should go to hell its him, have I made my point don't get me started. And of course fairys exist and if they do then so do all the other majical creature only not like they do in story books, they to are creture of a non physical nature that exist on a diferent vibration to us a dead victorian gentleman told me that and well it made more sense than the bible
bayou_nate (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
I think total disbelief in God while still believing in spirits is pretty foolish. That Is like saying you believe in leprechauns but you think there is no way that faeries exist.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
Hi Pendragon, no they never tried to hurt me I was very close freinds with a now well known medium at the time and aparently they were happy with me (because I was always talking to them)

aparently upstairs in the bed room was a man and downstairs was a woman there to makesure he stayd upstairs not sure why, but it was there house aswell and I loved sharing it with them if I ever could I would happily live there again I won't be happy until I come face to face with a proper full aparition ghosts are my one and only pasion in life unfortunately due to severe health problems I can't go ghost hunting properly.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Just want to say - I kind of laughed at your response to agumat_warrior, biblefree (this is what I'm going to call you from now on - the "me" part confuses me.;)).

Your story is fantastic, and I can actually relate. I don't know what it is with people and the, "PRAY AND GET RID OF THE GHOST! IT'S EVIL!" responses. I'm not christian, and I hate those answers. Bible thumpers bug me. What you COULD have done, though, was gone to a church and gotten them to do a service for "special circumstances". A family member of mine did that for his possessed trash can, and it hasn't moved since (disappointing, because I wanted to see this). I don't even think you have to attend the mass. 😕

Did your ghosts ever try to hurt you? Other than the poke to the back, that is.

Penny ❤
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
sorry agimat warior my name means the oposit it means the same as sugarfree read my profile you may not like it but hey each to ther own and yes I was baptised catholic and if someone said you have to follow a cristian religion that would be the one they at least do accept the paranormal and offer concrete help such as exorsism and acnowledge the miraculos also they acknowledge the female part in prayer as they offer prayer to mary
agimat_warrior (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
i enjoyed your story. Its written well, at least better than mine. No need to apologize. From your user name to the country you came from I can guess you are anglican or catholic, at least christian. If I may suggest next time you experience such paranormal experience especially seeing something black or dark, open your bible to psalm 91. Read it everyday. It invokes God's protection over you and your possessions. Make it a habit. Leave the bible open at that page in your night table when sleeping or in your coffee or dinning table when leaving the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: