You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demonic Haunting - The Taunting

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Haunting - The Taunting

 

So it's my third post on this site - not bad for someone who never believed in ghosts. It's been a while since I last caught up with you guys and shared my experiences. I guess before you read this you'll need to read my last two posts to get the general idea of what's been going on in my world.

I had to go back to the hospital shortly after my experiences so the doctor could see how well my legs had healed. As I arrived at the hospital and walked up towards the main entrance a sense of dread swept over me, this place, as far as I knew, was where it had all began. In a nutshell I believed something had attached itself to me while I was under anesthetic at the hospital, since waking after my op I had seen and heard things that I couldn't put down to some logical explanation like before, fair enough the medication could of been one reason but having not taken any for a few months now you think it would have stopped.

As I waited to see the doctor in the waiting room I ignored the fact that I felt kind of odd, scared even. It was like this thing was sat on my shoulders; I couldn't even bring myself to look up at the other people sat around me so instead I stared at the floor for what seemed like a lifetime. One by one the other patients we're called in to see their own doctors, until I'm sure I was sat in there alone. I eventually lifted my head to find that I wasn't; a lad was stood with his back to me facing the wall. I assumed he was reading off one of the boards they had up, I leant over slightly to see the poster in front of him, LEUKEMIA. Naturally my daughter Millie popped in to my head, she had suffered from Leukemia two years ago.

I also noticed the lad was full of cuts and scrapes all over his arms and legs, he was wearing a pair of shorts and a t shirt so most of his injuries were quite visible. He was stood still and no matter how hard I tried to listen I couldn't even hear so much as a pin drop in the room. However I began to hear one thing, my heart was racing so fast that I could hear every beat ringing in my ears. All of a sudden my body stood up, I didn't even realize I'd done it then this hot waft of air blasted down my right ear whispering the name, 'Karl'.

'Rob Kennedy?' a voice sounded, I suddenly looked around and saw the doctor who had operated on my legs stood in the door way of the waiting room. I quickly looked back towards where the lad was stood, he had gone. It was just me and the doctor; I tried my best to remain calm so the doctor wouldn't think I was a complete weirdo! As I left the room and followed him into a nearby bay my wondering eyes searched everywhere for the lad with the injuries. I never found him. My head spinning I left the hospital like a zombie, questions running through my mind. I had managed to sit with the doctor while he examined my legs but all the while in the back of my mind was this lad I had seen and more importantly the name I had heard whispered to me right down my ear.

Karl was my best friend up until we were 19, up until he had died in a car crash in Amsterdam. A car crash that I had been in. Karl was dead on impact and I got away with nothing more than bad memories. I blamed myself for his death just because I survived and he didn't. When they finally pulled his body from the wreckage he was covered in huge cuts and scrapes as well as broken limbs and a blow to the head. I'll admit that over the years I have given myself a hard time about it, and a day hasn't gone by when he hasn't entered my head. He was like my brother.

Why was I being tormented by this thing? Karl hadn't risen from the dead to come and stand in a hospital waiting room; he hadn't popped down from the sky to see his buddy. That wasn't Karl I thought, had this thing that I now truly believe to be some kind of a Demon taken the shape of my long lost friend just to get one over on me? Just to bring me down? It knew my weakness and took advantage of it; I was so angry, so close to breaking down in the hospital car park, so close to physically hurting someone just to make myself feel better. So close to actually letting this thing take over my life. The more I thought about it on the way to the car the more anxious I became, I rolled my hands up into tight fists, my eyes narrowed. I was walking faster, storming to my car, thinking over and over again. Replaying the same voice in my head that had whispered Karl's name.

'You bastard!' I shouted angrily, again swearing some more like a crazed loony. It was a good job no one was around. I drove home in a bad mood, swearing at drivers in front for driving too slow and beeping my horn at them, over taking them on the opposite side of the road traveling up to 60mph on a 30mph road. I figured I best slow down in case the police saw me and pulled me for speeding. I couldn't explain to them that I was being preyed on my a Demon, they'd laugh at me and test my for use of drugs, possibly admit me in to some sort of unit. And to be honest the mood I was in I probably would have either given them a chase when they tried to pull me or start throwing my fists around at them. I took a few deep breaths and thought of the kids and girlfriend. Needless to say when I got back home I took the anger out on my punch bag.

Roughly about a week passed by without so much as a floor board creaking late at night. I hoped that was it but again I was wrong.

I'll explain that in another post as this one's a bit long.

Other hauntings by Rob27

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rob27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
WOW...your story is terrifying...I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

But, as bad as it is, it almost seems like Karl is trying to let you know he is fighting for you too, but only from the other side. It's like Karl is trying to let you know he is there for you now as he always has been just from a different plain or level. He is trying to let you know you are not alone in fighting the awful 'thing'.

I can't stop reading your stories and I'm tired but I'm way to intrigued... I know this is not your intent BUT you write amazingly well, I'm completely glued to this story. I really hope you send this 'thing' (whatever it is...demon?) back to the cold, dark, frightening hell hole it came from SOON!
Best of luck.
B~
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
i am reading through your posts, they are the most interesting I've ever read here (so I'm still up at 5.30am reading and responding to them)

I thought straight away that the thing was taunting you (you mentioned in the previous story) when you saw the legs hanging of what looked like your daughters. Now you see this boy with scars, and at the same time a whisper of Karl's name its obvious. I know I'm not telling you what you don't already know, sorry.

In a nutshell, this thing (in my opinion) really is fixated on you for some reason or other. However it HAS learnt you are strong (if you believe that or not, I believe you are) and that you have family members of who'm it cannot get near due to the love that surrounds and cares over them... It has had to resort to such tauntings as it knows that everything else it tries does not have enough impact to get you more angry. It is clear from the panic/anger and all emotions present from the particular tauntings regarding people that you love (Karl, your daughter... Etc) that it will probably continue to use such taunts if it see's a sign of progress in its own sick little mind.
My point being, I don't know if I could do it - I really dont, but it's when the tauntings become personal that you should be at your strongest. This is where perhaps you should let it recognize that you know what its upto (perhaps without saying it) by not getting angry, but reacting in such a way that show's you almost become to expect it and are perhaps bored of it in someway. I don't know if you know what I mean but, I can't imagine how this must make you feel, but I know that its those particuler moments of fear/anger/depression/panic, of which will build the strenght and willingness to continue from the demon. When it attempts to anger/frighten you with something so personal, this is where you have to be at your strongest.

Do not give it such satisfaction. I think it has lowered itself to such (if a demon can lower itself further) attempts due to knowing that it otherwise cannot crack you, that everything else it seems to try does not work. If you get angry, annoyed or very frightened when it attempts to taunt you in regards to using people's names/faces that you love. Then it will continue to do so in such a way, and perhaps gain strenght in the process.
I may be wrong, I wish I was... But I've read so much and experienced some things myself that I truelly believe that what I say is true.

I also am starting to think you met this thing at a vulnerable time at your stay in the hospital. They are cowardless peieces of turd who'm look for the vulnerable, and can also read the mind. It would not suprise me if they sit in hospitals and listen to peoples thoughts, and check on the vulnerability of that person and consider them a target.
You were under the influence of drugs (vulnerable), had a emotional roller coaster of a ride (losing loved ones, ending relationships, missing your children, greif, etc etc). I think yes it attached itself to you there and has been trying to crack you ever since. But has resorted to this patheticness due to your resistance.

Good luck pal, may jesus be with you.
Silene02 (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
First I have to say that I'm really sorry for what had happened to your friend and you can't blame yourself the rest of your life. If you are religious, seek for help and a pastor or other people that can pray together with you.

If you are not religious try to find help in somebody who can help you to get rid of this bad influence following you. I totally agree with moonamiga who wrote to you: "nothing will touch you or harm you unless you let it".

I'm not religious but I do believe that negative and positive energies can affect your life so, I visualize myself surrounded by light and only good things, I visualize a strong spiritual barricade of pure energy and I know that only good things may approach me. I do like this because I am clairvoyant and all my life I have attracted unseen energies to me and not all of them are good.

Wish you good luck!
moonamiga (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Rob,im actually new to this and it is the first time I read one of your stories but it trully caught my eye. Sounds like you have been through a lot and trully I am sorry. So I knew this pastor who would show me all his views and such and for the longest time I fed off of what he taught and I believe it to tell you the truth. So I do believe you have a demon on your hands but mediums can't get rid of demons but more of a religion or whatever faith you practice. There is always a way, but yes demons do like messing with peoples feelings bringing more deppression uppon them by bringing their past into play, I tell you this by experience. Like I have said before though nothing will touch you or harm you unless you let it. You have the power declare your faith and try try very hard to cast this demon out as it can be done. Hope everything is well best of wishes and I hope all this goes away soon. I hope I somehow helped
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Rob your stories have caught me in a way that a lot of the other stories haven't in that you have faced so much in your life and yet you keep coming back to tell us about your experiences and for that I thank you and respect you a lot.

I don't normally say this but from reading your stories I'd say that you do most likely have a demon on your hands, they prey on negative energy and so the taking of the form of your friend could have been a prompt to try and get some out of you. They do it to gain strength. I'm sorry to hear about all that you have gone through but I am happy that you manage to cope with it in your own way.

I always look forward to hearing more from you Rob, thanks for sharing your experiences.
Rob27 (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Thank you for all of the comments and for following my stories. I agree, Millie really does have a gift.
Pinkzilla, I'm sorry to hear about your illness I hope you have made a full recovery.

In a way I'm glad you all agreed on the fact that what I thought was Karl, was not. However I think I was secretly hoping that you'd all think it actually was him. In denial huh?

I have a number for a Medium that my sister gave me, I think giving her a call is my only hope although she doesn't come cheap.
I'm trying my best to control my anger when it creeps up on me, I keep Millie close as a kind of protector which is daft as it should be me protecting her.
I have tried burning sage but with no luck.

I'll try my best to keep you all posted as I'm interested in reading your views on this.

Thanks again.
Rob
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Rob27: Love your stories mate well written, Firstly I would like to commend you on your strength and will for what you have gone through in you life not an easy journey.
I definitely agree with your thoughts on what you saw, I do believe if it was Karl, he would have visited yourself in a much better and peacefull way as to not make you question its authenticity.
Sounds like Demonic activity played its usual role in giving yourself something negative to dwell on, that's right up there alley.
I wish you all the best for the future. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
I'm sorry that things haven't improved for you. I am pretty sure that the ghost you saw wasn't your friend Karl. When spirits cross over, they shed any sign of injury and illness. I agree that this ghost showed itself as your injured friend looking at a leukemia poster to upset you. Some ghosts are attracted to sadness, anger, fear, etc. And will go to many extremes to produce those emotions.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your friend. I understand survivors remorse... I made some friends during my cancer treatment that didn't win their battle and for years I felt so bad that I had survived and they didn't. It really chewed me up inside. But I now firmly believe that we die exactly when we are supposed to. It was your friends time to go. It wasn't yours. And besides, if you weren't alive there would be no Millie and that, I think we can all agree, would be a trajedy.

:0)
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Rob27--Your story really struck me with its authenticity back in the Winter when you first told us what was happening with you--and then your daughter--that I'd hoped we'd hear again from you, saying all was banished and cleared away. What's clear is that it hasn't been banished.
The only shape-shifters I've heard about are not benign and seek only harm. (Did you ever burn white sage? Did Surya ever visit?) By pretending to be your daughter ('s dangling legs) and Karl, who surely would have been kind and shown his friendly face, this entity to try to seduce you into despair. Smarmy little black blob. Do not give in.
As others suggest, force if you must projections of great deliverance and freedom from it (more than just "happy thoughts") and please seek out some reliable professional help.
I trust your legs are healed at last. One thing for sure, you're a courageous fighter, one of the good guys, and you proved you stand tall for the sake of your daughter, even in the midst of your own troubles and pain. Time in stir might've brought about a measure of spiritual self-reckoning. It's time now you get some peace.
We'll keep following your story, Rob.
~ James
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Interesting story. You seem like a really brave man to be dealing with this on top of everything else you have been through.

It could be possible the demon has taken on the form of your friend just to upset you. But did you think that maybe it might be Karl and he was trying to tell you something? Like you would be okay (after the operations) and not to blame yourself anymore. The fact he was looking away from you does make me think it might be the demon though.

I read all 3 stories and your daughter certainly does seem to have a gift.

I am glad she doesn't seem to be tormented by this demon. Her possitive energy obviously brings the demon down and makes him weaker. Try to stay strong the demon will try to use your fear to feed on. The less reactive you are the weaker he will become.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: