You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It A Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Poltergeist

 

I have been interested in the paranormal for years, but my story leaves me a bit baffled. Well here's my story. MY friend Renata adopted her husband's troubled daughter she was 2 at the time.

Since the adoption she told me of the things that began happening, but I'm going to submit the things I have witnessed on 3 separate visits. The first visit I was in the kitchen and had a coffee mug fly through the air just missing my head; a few hours later I was getting a drink when I turned around from putting the carton of juice back my cup was empty.

My second visit was a bit interesting; Renate and I was watching movies and decided to get something to eat, on the way to the kitchen we had to walk past a large sofa separating the living area from the dining area, on the way back to the living area I said Renata we are here alone are we not? She told me we are alone, why? I told her the sofa is moved. She said that wasn't the first time the sofa moved on its own.

The third visit scared me to death; it started after I got a call from Renata asking if I could help her clean up her spare room. I got to her house and began helping her clean up the room, round 5pm we stopped to watch TV before cleaning the last of the stuff off the floor; about 30 minutes later we hear what sounds like everything she owned being thrown against the walls of the spare room; naturally we thought someone broke into the house and called the police, when the police got there they looked around and didn't find anyone.

All 3 of the experiences it was just me and Renata in her house the little girl was with her father on father/daughter outings. It's been several years since the experiences I always wondered if it was a poltergeist or if the little girl was a telekinetic none of the activity was very violent or very scary.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Schwarze_Witwe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HauntedTomboy (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Hi, definitely a poltergeist, the way the couch was moving and everything explains a poltergeist behaivor BIG time 😐
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
I agree with cosmogal926 it seems like a poltageist that is probably feeding from the little girls trauma. My poltageist did it to me at times of upset or trauma. He still does though he tends not to make such a mess.
When the little girl is more settled the activity will no doubt calm down. Thats what happens with me. 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Cosmo hit the nail on the head! If this case was involving the daughter she would have to be present in the home. You mentioned that it was you and your friend only in the house so I would be maybe looking for other answers, it may just be the daughter, although something else could have been attracted in. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Hi Schwarze, it definitely sounds like poltergeist activity. Telekinisis or Psychokinesis is the ability to move an object with your mind. If your friends daughter had this ability she would have to be present in the house. The poltergeist could very well be a manifestation of the child's troubles. The stress, anger, and emotional trauma of her parents spliting up could have caused her to project all those feelings outward. Which is why your friend said she noticed strange things happening after the child moved in. I hope your friend's daughter is doing better now. Thank you for sharing your story and take care 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: