You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The China Dolls

Real Ghost Stories

The China Dolls

 

It was a warm summer night when my friend Jen and I decided that we where going to watch movies in my room. We went down her house to pick up her VCR since I did not have one of my own. Since I lived in the basement at my house, we decide just to take the basement door from the outside to get in. We opened the basement door and walked across the basement to where my room sat.

To give a layout of the basement, when you walk into the door, you right away see the stairs to the left, going up stairs, beside you are a washer and dryer, if you walk to the right, you'll run into the bathroom. My room my located right across the doorway. The basement floor was half plywood and half concrete. The back half was concrete and that was where my room was. The concrete was separated from the plywood at least two inches apart, in the sense that they met at the same point but the concrete sat two inches higher than the plywood. In my room, my bed was against the right corner with the dresser beside it. Right next to it had a floor model television with four china dolls sitting on it. My couch my directly in front of the television. Which was right against the line on the concrete.

We get to my room and set up the VCR so we can watch "Big Daddy". Halfway into "Big Daddy" the power starts to flicker and we just figure it's bad light bulbs because the television was not affected. Out of nowhere, the all four of the china dolls turn their heads to the right to look at us. As soon as that happened, the lights (including the television) went out. We ended up flipping the couch off of the concrete and running up the stairs. None of the rooms upstairs lost power or flickered but Jen and I decided not to go downstairs for the rest of the night.

I got rid of those china dolls right after. Never again will I ever display china dolls. I can't even stand china dolls displayed somewhere else, they creep me out.

Other hauntings by evilblackwidow9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilblackwidow9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kelli-May (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
um nah this is FAKE with a capital F 😆 😆 😉 good idea though. China dolls freaks mez outz.
sympogale (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
hey, have you ever watched toy story? Maybe it's just like that... Hehehe, just kidding 😜
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
I do not like china dolls or any kind of dolls that talk! They are creepy! Especially those old dolls. I didn't have a doll that I had to get rid of because of paranormal occurrences but I did have this ceramic clown that I smashed and through away because of paranormal reasons. I did this because it started playing music without any mechanism in it to make it play music. It was broke when I bought it from a little store. I bought it because it was a somewhat cute clown, if that's possible, for only a dollar. Now, I hate clowns, any kind of clown! To me dolls that talk and clowns are CREEPY! Glad you got rid of those china dolls. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊 ~Shelby ❤
UniHoudini (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
True story I seriously swear, when I was little I played with a china doll but I didn't like it very much it really creeped me out so I put it down. I turned around to see what my mum was doing in the other room and when I turned back I felt everything go cold and strange and then the china dolls glasses fell off, and I'm not sure if this bit is 100% true but I think I turned around and when I turned back again the china doll had moved. The only other thing I can remember was that I was crying and to this day I have always had a strong fear of china dolls.
GhostHunter777 (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
My great grandma used to make those type of dolls I think. There are a lot in her old bedroom. I had to sleep in there last week, nothing happened but the dolls still creeped me out!
my grandma, mom and aunt tell me my great grandma's ghost keep all the evil things away because, before she died a lot of weird things would happen. Then once she died, it all stopped
When my great grandpa died, I had this dream that I was in an all white room, then suddenly he was in the room with me. I asked "Are you happy?" and he said "yes" then I woke up. It was really weird.
Anyways, yes I hate dolls
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
When I lived in that house, yeah, A lot of messed up stuff happened there.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
weird
dolls freak me out to no end!
has there been any other supernatural things happening there?
kanzaki_satsuki (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
I agree with Janice But I think that the doll has something to do with a spirit.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
No I burned the dolls, placed them in a wooden box, and blessed it. I buried the box too thought.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
I tried at one time to purchase a haunted doll from ebay, but I didn't get the highest bid in, so I will never know if it was truely haunted or not. Too bad you got rid of those dolls you could have probably sold them on ebay and made yourself a little money. Haunted items seem to sell quickly. But people will want some type of proof, so don't try and scam anyone.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
It is very rare, but it happens, that spirits can sometimes get inside material things like dolls and such, it is possible that this happened to you. It must have been creepy for you to have the lights to turned off and no where else in the house, creepy! Did you destroy the dolls, or did you just get rid of them? Well, that doesn't matter. I wish you the best of luck. :-)

P.s. I also think that dolls are creepy, because it looks like they are just staring at you, and then their stare is quite cold and glassy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: