You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Old Fire Department Chief

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Fire Department Chief

 

I was 8 years old when I first saw a spirit that I can remember. We were living in one of the fire department houses. I was sleeping on my stomach and as you all know when you sometimes turn around to sleep on a different side you sometimes wake up. Lucky me! I woke up as I turned to face the window only to see a man in a 1950's hat and long jacket standing in front of the window next to my bed. His face was blank but glowing white. His hands were in his pockets. He was looking at me even though I can't see his eyes or face. Of course yes I would do what any child would do in this situation. I screamed as loud as I could for my mommy. She came in and switched on the light. I told her with tears in my eyes what I saw. I pointed to her without looking where he was standing. She said there was nothing and when I looked the man was gone.

I slept in mommy and daddy's bed that night. To scared to sleep in my own bed. We did move to a different house soon after. To a house that my dad build. Whoever said new houses don't have ghost? But that's another story or two.

When I was 18 years old, my mother told me that the person I saw was the old Fire Department Chief that died in that house.

Till next time...

Other hauntings by Antionette

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Antionette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Great story! The old man's soul could have been curious who you are and he might just be checking out. I don't think that he means any harm but of course you were a kid, you will scream.

Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Thank you so much for all of the comments. Yes I do have more stories.
This was the first one that I can remember. This took place in 1989. Before then I can't remember, but my mother said I could see things she can't but can sometimes feel.
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
That must have been very frightening for you- especially at a young age.

Just because a house is new doesn't mean there can't be hauntings. There could be ghosts haunting the land, any land or house adjacent to your property, ghosts can be attatched to objects in your house (for example antiques), and on rare occasions, a person themselves can be haunted to a ghost that have attatched themselves to someone. I would suggest you research your property and see what you find.

I look forward to hearing more of your stories.

:0)
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
Cool story.
Cant wait to here more about your experiences.
Thanks for sharing.
amy111 (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
something like this happened to me before. One night it was about 12am I work up and saw this white figure and then I tried to get up. But I couldn't get up I felt something heavy on my back. Just like you was lying down on my belly. And then the figure just told one step closer. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.
amy111 (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
wow great story! And I do think that can be told by you saying his long jacket usually firefighers wear those.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: