You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Ghost Press

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Press

 

When I was a child, my grandfather always told me about the ghost choke. It's a time at night when you feel like you can't breathe, you try to scream for help but nothing seems to come out of your mouth. Then after a while, you slowly start to catch your breath. This is what they called the ghost press or the ghost choke. Here in hawaii, we believe that it is not good to sleep with you feet facing the door, because it is believed that if you do sleep with your feet facing the wall, then you will come across the ghost press and you will have nightmares.

Recently as I was sleeping on my couch in the living room, I had a dream that I was being choked by something and I saw my mom walking to the door with a candle late at night. I tried to scream so she could help me but nothing came out of my mouth. Then I fell off the couch. And then I could breath. But when I hit the ground I woke up and I still was on the couch, it seemed as if nothing happened... So I tried falling back asleep and when I did the same thing happened. Me not breathing, my mom with the candle and me falling. I was so scared and after that I couldn't sleep. I woke my mom up and told her the story. She told me that it could have been the ghost press. I was scared...

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, chauneeghurl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: