You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Kind Old Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Kind Old Lady

 

In late summer of '05, me and my husband moved into a house with our then-friend, "Joe." It was an old, fairly large house that belonged to Joe's family. Brad and I both are able to sense ghosts, and most of our experiences have been somewhat creepy. Not in this house though.

Brad and I shared the largest bedroom, and at night I would feel a presence walking through the bedroom. The presence would sometimes stop near the wardrobe and just sort of hang out. Brad worked nights at that time, so I thought maybe I was just imagining things, being alone in bed.

After awhile, the presence started coming closer to me, and although I never once saw her, I got the distinct impression of an old lady. She always projected the sweetest emotion, and seemed like she liked being near us. Sometimes, it felt as if someone was patting me on the shoulder in an affectionate way. She would also tuck me in at night.

During the winter, I got a nasty sinus infection. I was lying in bed one morning, wide awake but too miserable to get up. I could hear the guys playing video games in the living room. I rolled onto my stomach trying to find a comfortable position. I was looking to the left, and saw the mattress sag near my shoulder like someone was sitting on the edge of the bed. I decided it was my fever, and just watched that dip in the mattress waiting for it to go away. It didn't. After a moment, someone started to rub my shoulder, as if trying to comfort me. This seemed to go on for a few minutes, before she left.

About a month later, Brad got the flu. He had a horrible fever, and was in bad shape. I spent what time I wasn't at work fretting over him. When I went to work, Joe would look in on Brad to be sure he was ok and text me. We were very worried about him. Brad spent the better part of a week in bed.

Sometime after moving out in June I asked Brad if he had ever met the old lady who stayed in our bedroom. He asked me what I was talking about. I explained how she would tuck me in and pat my shoulder, and how she had sat with me while I was sick. He looked surprised, and explained that yes, while he had the flu someone had been sitting with him, patting him, and fussing over him, but he'd assumed that he was either dreaming or hallucinating from the fever. We were sure it hadn't been Joe tucking Brad in and sitting on the bed. Doing anything other than peeking in the door and saying "Dude, you ok?" went against Joe's over-developed sense of masculine propriety.

We never found out anything about the old lady. All we knew about the house's history was that Joe's family had bought it and moved it to that location several years before we moved in. Whoever she was, she was kind. She seemed to treat Brad and myself like her children. I can honestly say I miss her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BadJuuJuu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
Hi BadJuuJuu what a great story must have been very comforting to know that what you both experienced was not anything negative. Would love to know about the old lady and her involvement with the home.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
That is a very sweet story!
It could be a an old lady who was a mother and a grandmother when she was still alive.
I look forward to more of your stories.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Good story BJJ!... Stories like this one are refreshing and supportive in helping us all understand that we co exist between two worlds and we should not fear what we can't see, so many people on this site are jumping at shadows... And are cultured into believing that what you can't see must be a demon of some sort... Creating all sorts of unnecessary anxiety... This one gets my karma ticks and tilts the scale back towards tolerance and a better understanding of the spiritual realm and our relations to it...

Best wishes Aussie😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
BJJ: I have no clue how I missed this!...What a nice, comforting story... It goes to show that not all of our visitors from the other side are here to make our lives miserable!... 😊 I bet it was a great feeling to have your experience verified by Brad, huh?...Probably for him, too...

This is a pleasant change from recent postings, thank you for sharing! 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
Hey, BJJ, your little old lady reminds me a lot of our Mary. There were several times, one in particular when I was unable to even move, she would sit by me on the edge of my bed.

It's easy to imagine her as someone's mom or grandma, just hanging around, taking care of everyone. I'm glad she was there for you guys. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
Hey guys. Thanks for reading. She was the best thing about that house. Some other odd things happened there, the last few months we lived there. But, the old lady who looked after us is the sweetest ghost I've ever had the honor of sharing a house with.
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
Beautiful story.
I know how you feel I miss my ghosty back home at my parents he has been a comfort to me on many occassions over the years when I have been home alone.
Just nice to know I'm not alone sometimes.
😁
bayouboy (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Enjoyed the story... As well as your other stories. You're a good writer. Since you and your husband are sensitive to spirits, I look forward to more stories.

Thanks
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Great story BJJ! It's so refreshing to hear about nice and helpful spirits. The ones that make you feel comfortable instead of wanting to run full speed out the door. LOL! She must have been a mother/grandmother who loved taking care of her children. Sensing that you and your husband are very kind people she cared for both of you as well. 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: