You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Faceless

Real Ghost Stories

The Faceless

 

I was wondering if anyone reading this has had an experience like this. It did not happen to me, but it happened to my friends in high school, and I consider all three of them credible witnesses. None used drugs, drank only sparingly, and although all three had encounters with the supernatural before, they were not obsessed with it. I won't use their names (to protect their identity and mine), but this happened one spring night during 1986 in Cambridge, MN.

My friends were joyriding around this town which was small then, so small it only had a whopping two stoplights. It was sometime around 2:30 - 3am, when my friends pulled up to the first light on main street. There was a car stopped next to them, a rarity at that time and place. When my friends looked over, they saw the driver and sole inhabitant of the car was a woman with long dark hair... And no face. No eyes, nose, lips, nothing but a smooth surface. Needless to say, my buddies were completely freaked out! The light turned green, and the faceless woman drove off. But being seventeen year old males, my friends had more courage than sense. They chased after her. On that deserted street, there was no way they could have mistaken that car for another. They caught up to her at the next light, and when they looked at her, the woman had changed into an old man with glasses! My friends drove that beat up old van as fast as they could back home.

This story has always stuck with me, and even more so over the years, as my wife recounted a similar encounter she had with a faceless being when she was in high school. In the future, I'll record that story here. So... Anyone out there also seen a faceless?

Other hauntings by phil1985

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phil1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
I would like to say, that I enjoyed you too stories a lot:) But on the other hand I may have an explanation for you story!:D Since your friends were driving around at night, the different faces could have just been 1, but change because of the dark playing tricks with they're eyes!:) [at] GhostBeliver1234 I am very interest in your story:D but sad to say I don't have an explanation for it;) lol
phil1985 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Thanks for all your comments. I'm about to post a similar story soon!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
Wierd story. I hope to hear more about this if you get the chance.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
I think it is more of the shape shifting ghost. Creepy. It happened to me and it scared me. If I'm not about to school I would have ran home and stayed there.
acb1134 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
very interesting I've never heard of the faceless ghost but the story was creepy I hope to never see that
Tater-Tot-Kaite (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Interesting story!
What you saw could quite possibly be a spirit known as a "Noppera-bō", more commonly known in the West as "Faceless Ghost", which is a yokai found in Japanese mythology. According to legend, they are completely benign and can do no harm except for maybe scare the shiat out of you. A lot of reported sightings seem to come from Hawaii and around Hawaii 😕.
KenMikaze (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Faceless, no, but headless, yes, it happened one time when I was in my teens. It happened during a power outage, and it was on a full moon. Our subdivision then was largely uninhabited as it was still on it's finishing stages, however, there are already a number of us living on that village. There we were, playing a large scale hide and seek, where, instead of one seeker, there were three. Some of us hid near our basketball court as it was a bit near the seeker's post while the others hid on other uninhabited houses.

While the heat of the search is still on, Mon mon, one of the younger kids screamed as he saw something right in the middle of the court. When we took a look, it was a headless being and slowly disintegrating to thin air.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Whoa, Little Creepy I might run if I see one but Expect the no face hooded figure in 1991, I didn't run from that I just cover over my head and peek out little... Lol Like I say it's creepy.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
Wow! Your friends' experience sounds fascinating yet terrifying at the same time! This is the first time I've heard of a "faceless" being before, but now I'll definitely be googling it to see what else comes up! Very interesting story.
A friend of mine, Paul, had a similar experience, although not with a faceless being. He was at the stop light near his home, when he happened to look over at the car next to him, he got a strange feeling. He said it was a yellow, beat up, old VW bug, with only the driver, who was a heavyset, middle aged man with long, dark, dirty, tangled hair, and a wild look in his eye. He said it was something about the man's eyes that scared him, he felt as though something about the man radiated evil. At the next stoplight, Paul was again next to the yellow VW bug, when something urged him to look over again. The second time the lone driver was a young, blonde, surfer guy! Your friends' story reminded me of it just now, I had to share it with you. Thanks for your story!
Genevieve
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
not heard much on this one ill have to look it up some its a bit like the black eyed kid thing.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
They should write down the tag number and see who owned that old car.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
My first comical thought was "Did Slenderman decide to do drag?", but in all seriousness, that would indeed be creepy.
Shape shifter came to mind when she morphed, but who can say what types of things live that we don't know about yet.
Anyway, your friends were lucky that they weren't harmed, regardless if it were a supernatural occurance or not.
IwanttoHelp (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
Hi,
I've read something about faceless people before in Japan they are called Nopperabo.:0
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
Faceless? Creepy... But yea I had one experience like that... And heck wtf she came after I used Ouija Board! 😐 I was just headed to my room to get something (forgot what lolz) and the door to my mother's room is few metres away from mine so I stopped there because I had a message on my cell phone. And so on I checked it. Nothing important just same old boring offers. When I lifted my head looking at my room I could see the half of the bed and I saw a woman lying there and looking at me. Her face was white and there was no eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Just a smooth white face. She got up a little and I sprinted back to the living room like a formula 1 car. 😨 I told my mom (now she belives in Ouija Board) and she came with me but then the woman was gone. So she said "Just your imagination" and went back to the living room. But I grabbed her arm and so she waited. When I got what I was looking for when I turned at the window I saw her watching me from the neighbor's window... I was like "ok I'm getting the hell out of here!" and so on yea I had that experience but since then she didn't came back. Well let's hope she isn't coming back or this time I'm getting the swatter and sleeping with it. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: