You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Sloss Furnace Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Sloss Furnace Apparition

 

My dad and I visited Sloss Furnace for a sight-seeing tour. I had my camera for pictures and videos. I have recently became interested in the paranormal after I watched many Ghost Adventures episodes. I saw where they had visited Sloss and I wanted to go as well mostly for sight-seeing but also for a small investigation. When I first arrived, I knew about the reportedly haunted Blowing Engine Room. However, I wasn't for sure exactly how to get inside of it because all except one door was locked, which I found out a little later on.

I entered the Blowing Engine Room and just took some pictures first and asked my dad if he would leave me there for a few minutes to do a quick video/evp session. He said sure and he left the building. I started my video by walking down the side of the big wheels and back through around the entire building so I decided to make one more quick pass through the building and I was almost done with my second pass when I heard some pipes clanging. I said to myself ok I'll stay a few minutes longer. I rounded the corner and I looked in the corner of one of the blowing engine wheels and I saw a man with blue jeans and coveralls and work boots on (I did some history on the uniform-it appears this is the work uniform for an Old Sloss Worker). We made eye contact and he looked like he was scared, over-worked, and tired. I turned to look at a noise on my opposite side and looked back; he was gone. I felt his presence with me the rest of the time in the Blowing Engine Room.

I was once a skeptic but me and my friends are going back very soon to do a full investigation. Thanks for reading. Comments appreciated!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krimson95cenafan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Wow your lucky to see a full manifestation, I have heard many stories about Sloss Furnace these workers are still trapped there which is quite sad I hope they move on one day. As previous posters have mentioned did you catch anything on your camera at all? Would be great to hear or see some of those results.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Hmmm seems like you had a pretty solid experience. I agree with Lou if you have any pics or evp's, please post them. Thanks 😊
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Sloss furnace, I think I've watched that episode in Scariest Places on Earth via youtube; and yes, the place is haunted; here's the link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u41zz780rcI
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Krimson,
Where's the picture? You were in the presence of a full-bodied apparition with a camera in your hand...right? I don't think an atom bomb would have been loud enough to draw most people's attention away from what you witnessed.

Lou
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Nice! Interresting story. I always like hearing about haunted places, because there's so much quirky history that's not well known. Did you capture anything on the EVPs? I'd love to hear about any results. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: