You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Night

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Night

 

It was a rainy night, the date august 22nd, 2010. I was sleeping and heard creeks and noises, and then I felt my bed move. I thought it was the dog, and I called her name Oreo, nothing. A few moments later I swear I felt something and my blanket moved it was the freakiest thing ever. I turned on the television and saw nothing. I was so shaken, and my heart was pounding a mile a minute. I actually yelled out my roommates name and almost went to his room. I was so shaken that I could not fall back to sleep for a couple of hours.

The next day I was talking to my roommate and without any prodding he was telling me that at around 2am last night he had a ghostly visitor by the name of Farrah, she is a girl friend of his who recently passed away at the young age of 35. He said she told him she was Ok and to stop worrying about her and that in time he will see her.

The freaky thing is that that was around the same time I had heard noises and all the above things had happened to me. I never believed in ghosts and I am 45 years old, but after the experience that took place last night I can't help but believe in ghosts now.

I look forward to hearing what other people have to say about this as I was never someone who believed in the supernatural, I suddenly have a change of heart.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, airrob316, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Hey New Jersey Dude! Did you happen to get permission to advertise on this site? It is protocol you know.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Airrob, bless your heart! I'm 45 also, and to have my first experience at this age would probably scare the crap out of me 😆!

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds to me as if Farrah was weighing heavily on your roommate's mind. She obviously felt the need to comfort him and ease his mind. Some people believe that in order for loved ones to cross over, we have to let them go.

If your roommate was having a hard time letting Farrah go, he was preventing her from doing what she needed to do. He was holding her here, Earthbound. In order for her to cross over, she needed him to realize she was okay.

I would say she just passed through your room on her way to his. Not intending to scare you or even really make you aware she was there. I don't think you even factored into her purpose.

But it is cool, after you have time to reflect on it and bring your heart down to it's normal rate 😆 when you talk about what happened, you were actually able to "share" Farrah's visit. That is something a lot of people don't get to do. This can be a classic "remember that time..." story you guys can share that no one else can.
California_Girl (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
She was probably making her presence known. That way if your room mate told you in the morning of his enconter, it would be easier to believe tour roomate.

Feel free to email me if you have any more encounters. I'm a sucker for the super natural.

Alyssabautista [at] yahoo.com
ILuvKittenz (11 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Oh my god! That's so cool! Tell Farrah I said hi! Lol. I wish there was a friendly ghost living with me.:)
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
It could be that... Could also be she had the wrong room. I have learned to just welcome the unknown and let them stay under rules and what not.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
WOW...I wonder if Farrah might be jealous of you living with her ex-boyfriend? (Even just as a room-mate) or if she was just having a little ghostly fun at your expense?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: