You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Demon, Astral Projection& Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Demon, Astral Projection& Sleep Paralysis

 

This event left me wondering all this time. Until now, when I remember it, it keeps me asking what the hell happened that time and why did it happened. So I hope to make this short and I just need some help or explanation for this.

I'm sorry I could hardly remember the year it happened, but I was in my room sleeping, my feet pointing in my door (door was closed). The time was between 4:30 to 5:00 in the morning, I knew because I checked the time when I got back to my senses. So there, I was sleeping and then I just suddenly woke up but could not move. I knew my eyes were open but I could feel my eyelids closed but I could see the surrounding. Hope you get what I mean. I was trying to move but it was so hard that I could not move any part of my body, and then all of a sudden, I was there lying on my bed, but I was seeing myself in front of me looking at myself lying on the bed. It took a few seconds, and then I started praying the Our Father, but I was so scared when I heard someone saying something. I could not distinguish whether it was a man or a woman but the voice sounded scary to me. It was saying just a word, I knew it was one word but it was very very long and it sounded like a demon.

The voice kept saying the same long word while I was on the other hand struggling to move. By that time, I couldn't remember if I could still see myself standing looking at me. I was so focused and forcing myself to move any part of my body. I tried my best to move my right hand and it wasn't working and then I remember my uncle told us one time that when we are experiencing sleep paralysis, we should try to move the easiest part of the body that can be moved, and that he said is our butt because we can contract it, and I tried it and then I was finally able to move.

I experienced sleep paralysis if that's what you call it several times. There were times when it felt like my soul was being sucked out of my body and I on the other hand struggled to get it stay on its place. Every time it happens, I only try to focus and tell myself move move move and then within a blink of an eye I could move.

There was also one time just late last year (2009) when I was sleeping in the kitchen of my apartment and my friend was sleeping in our bedroom. I knew it was around 6 am because I heard her awake and getting herself ready for a shower. I opened my eyes, I could hear her talking to me, 'coz she thought I was awake. I could feel her moving around inside the bedroom and then there I was wide awake but could not move. I was shouting, I was calling her name, I knew I was but when I asked her after that she said she wasn't hearing me. I told her I could hear her talking, and even repeated what she was saying and she said that was what she said but still claimed she didn't hear me answer. So scary.

Did I experience astral projection?

Is that a good gift or not?

Who was the voice?

I believe it was a demon.

Please help me, is it possible to stop having sleep paralysis?

Other hauntings by yellowbelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yellowbelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BlackMurderknot (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
My mother also see herself in her dreams. I remember when I was younger, she always say to me to wake her up when I hear her talking in her sleep so I always beside her when she's taking a nap.
gianinalovesyou (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-07)
I always experience this everytime I take a nap at our bedroom downstairs 😨
bonnieandclyne (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
I often experience this...everynight, when I'm taking a nap, even at school. I tend to sleep after answering my quiz... I thought I was the only one experiencing this, sometimes, I can't even breathe. Its freaking me out. I tend to panic. Then, I tried shouting or make a crying noise... But they just can't hear me.
Lord_Manyakol (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
I have this book before, it is from Jaime Licauco and it is based on astral projection. It is normal for people especially to those who are gifted to have an out of body experience. As per Licauco when we are asleep, that is what we call altered state of consciousness. In psychology we have different levels of consciousness. We have alpha, beta, theta and delta. Beta is the consciousness, alpha is half of consciousness and subconsciousness, delta is a dreaming state and theta if I'm not mistaken is near death brain wave. Normally the reason why you have an out of body experience is when you are in delta or alpha wherein your body is in relaxation. In Jaime Licauco's explanation, we have this silver cord attached to our pusod (navel). If this cord will be disconnected to our navel we will be lost from our body and will never come back. When having a negative delta brain waves sometimes attracts negative energy to elementals or evil entities. So please take note that if you will encounter this again "do not panic". Please just relax and take time for it so it will not turn to be a negativity. Good benefits of this out of body experience is you can go anywhere you want, if you will be able to master or control it. Factual informations for Brain waves and alter state of consciousness is these link http://www.mind-your-reality.com/brain_waves.html#Part_2 and this from Jaime Licauco http://newsle.com/article/0/41705170/ and http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/wellness/wellness/view/20100216-253394/Is-it-possible-for-one--to-die-during-astral-travel. Hope it will help.
belliatrixx (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
never ever sleep with your feet pointing/facing the door... It means death/dying ^_^
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
This needs deep meditation.
Concentrate on your target.
You don't need help from anyone if you can handle it.
silver_surfer (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
hey yellowbelle, what you had experienced is the same as mine over and over... All you have to do is move and call god to help what you've been through, believe me it's working...
bebetuta (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
thanks for this post now I kind of have the idea of what's happening with me, I always experience sleep paralysis (I don't know if that's what you called it maybe it is) ever since I was 14 now I'm 19, especially whenever I'm so exhausted and half a sleep its like I'm in a coma situation. But the way I'm experiencing it is kind of weird for me, cause the more I wanted to shout or move or to get attention or fight for awakeness the more I can hardly catch my breath like something or someone SOOOOOOO HEAVY is on my chest. Hope to share my stories soon.
merlin (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Hi JimD. I like your story... "She wanted this illusion, so we provided it". A league of evil spirit. I really liked it, keeps me thinking. 😁
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
HI;

I came accross astral projection in a previous case I personally resolved about 6 months ago. We really can't project around Saturn. It can be imagination, a heightened sixth sence, which is a gift from God - and we all have a sixth sence, a delusion, or a mechanism for evil to embed itself in our lives. During an exorcism about 40 years ago, the priest inquired as to why the illusion of astral travel was provided. The posessing demon answered, I believe this time in truth, that "she wanted this illusion, so we provided it" Just FYI. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
shiver (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
My boyfriend can do astral projection. Only half of his spirit still seated on his body. But he stopped doing that when one of his friends who can do astral projection too saw an old woman trying to enter his body. He never did it again and he said its so difficult to do that. Needs deep meditation.
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
i know someone who knows how to do astral projection and some other things like that... He's a professional... I'll just ask him about your problem so I could help you somehow... I've already expriece that also... When I was 1st year highschool and just a few weeks ago... But my case is a bit lighter than yours... I can see spirits and I was able to communicate with them every night during my sleep (I mean it wasn't just a dream) ... Believe me or not I had a lot of expriences about these, ghost encounters etc. And that's the main reason why I have FRIENDS who know how to do astral projections and rituals and some other things like those... I also had a teacher when I was in first year high school who can actually see demons not just ghost... You're still lucky I guess:))
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
During my sleep paralyses, I encounter spirits at their high levels because my physical body is completely shut down. That enhances my spiritual connection to the spirit world without the interference of my physical senses.

It is nothing to fear.

To me, medical doctors and scientists have not fully explained this natural phenomena.

I just hope that they do not start recommneding pills for this 'condition'.
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
If you search on google you'll find several answers. I suffer from sleep paralysis, I've been to the Dr. To see what's happening to me, but the medical answers are just not right. I bet if they went through what we go through there would be far more research about this condition.

My only advise is to avoid sleeping on your back. & when you feel it coming back don't give up. Try to move anything to gain control over your body.

The punk for Dr. That I had told me I don't have to fight it, if I give in it'll go away eventually... I've never stop fighting it. I often wonder if this is how people die in their sleep if they give up...

It is a terrifying feeling. Thanx for mentioning to contract the buttocks, I didn't know that, but I'll try it next time I get sleep paralysis.I've been suffering from this condition for 17 years I'm 24 now, & I just avoid sleeping on my back... & don't give up, always do something like move a finger or moan, you will regain control over your body no matter how long it takes you...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
The dream state is still active during sleep paralysis, which sometimes causes hallucinations, like hearing voices and feeling touches. Not everyone gets the hallucinations though. One of my friends just gets the paralysis. The times I've had SP, I got the full blast, complete with godawful hallucinations.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
I know of the medical diagnoses of the condition called sleep paralyses.

From experience, it is not just a medical condition if you hear the voices of entities.
That does not make any sense.

How do you diagnose that part of the 'condition' where you actually hear voices. 😕
applebees (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Plus if you want to stop sleep paralysis try sleeping side ways like on your right or left instead of staying centered sleep on your side. It will stop paralysis can't get paralysed if your sleeping sideways
applebees (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Nothing can suck your soul out even if you give it permission. I think you were astral projecting don't worry though nothing can hurt you in the astral realm demons can't hurt you but they will mess around with your physical body like poking it and touching it. 😊
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
If you google Sleep Paralysis you will get answers to your questions, I'm sure. Like Fobok said, sleep paralysis is a medical condition. In rare cases it can cause hallucinations as well which may be what you experienced. It is a common misconception that it is something paranormal. Unless you were doing something to provoke evil entities, I'm not sure why you would automatically consider it a demon, especially if it was an isolated incident.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Hi Yellowbelle

I Know exactly what you are going through with the sleep paralysis. I have exactly the same symptoms as you with a strange presence and OBEs when sleeping. I am just as confused as you. But if you read my stories, you will see what I mean. Some of the comments are v useful. You may find them helpful with your SP. I honestly don't think there is any cure or explanation for it. I am not religious so I am taking it as a medical prob although I am beginning to think otherwise as I know I am awake during these occurances and actual dreams are so much different. I usually laugh nightmares off but with SP I can't stop thinking about it with fear. Anyway, good luck and I hope your SP eventually alleviates. Emma M
Fobok (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Given sleep paralysis is a medical condition, your best bet would be to talk to your doctor. There may be medication to stop it, or at the very least more specific advice.

Afraid I don't know anything about astral projection to be able to say anything there, though I can't see how there'd be anything bad about it, you might even be able to learn to control it.
Lucy1 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Hi yellowbelle, I am sorry you are experiencing this sort of thing. It does sound like sleep paralysis to me - I have experienced something similar but not everything is completely down to this. Have there been any other events in your home that you would consider paranormal? If so, I think you wouldn't be wrong to consider something else was happening.
It's a horrible experience and I feel bad for you having to go through that. The voices are a symptom of S.P. Apparently but then again, who can say either way? Perhaps someone on here can give you advice on how to get rid of this. All I know is that, if it is S.P. It is a good idea to regulate your sleep pattern, no eating before bed - you know, the usual things you've probably heard before! Let us know how you get on.
Love,
Lucy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: