You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Girl Named Abbey

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Named Abbey

 

I guess I'll start off by saying that I'm new to this website and I haven't talked about these experiences on the internet, I've only told some people about them. I think everything first started when I was about 8, and the TV in the basement would just randomly turn on. It would happen at inconvenient times too, like right before everyone went to bed or was leaving for school. This happened for a couple of months then stopped. I don't think anything else happened until I was in 5th grade, but that was my biggest year for paranormal activity. I'm not sure why, but I guess I had a feeling that something was in my house.

One night I was in my basement alone, and I tried talking to it. We worked out a system where I would ask it yes or no questions, and it would tap the answers on the wall (one tap means yes, two taps means no). Eventually I made a Ouija board on a table in my basement with a see-through plastic cup as the planchette. I would regularly talk to this ghost, a little girl named Abbey (or at least that's what it told me). She said she was eight-years-old, and I honestly can't remember what we talked about but I did it a lot. That's when things started happening.

Before I say some of those things, I'll give you more information. Everything I'm about to say happened during my 5th and 6th grade years. I bought a Ouija board eventually during that time, and I believed the two ghosts I talked to were Abbey, and my grandfather. Abbey would do things that really scared me/ disturbed me, while my grandfather did things that were more comforting.

I remember while I was lying in bed I would randomly here whispers, some coming from the right side of me and others from the doorway (also the right side of my room). I would also sometimes here one footstep on my right side, it sounded like someone stepped on a candy wrapper. I once woke up and saw a small shadow run from my closet to the corner of my room; of course I screamed and woke everyone up. I also once saw a larger shadow run across my roof when I was outside alone. I'd hear random tapping noises on my walls and I guess other things I couldn't remember. There were two instances when I was on a swing outside and could feel someone pushing me (like someone would push a child on a swing), and I believe this was my grandfather's ghost. Once in 6th grade I was using the Ouija board to contact my grandfather when I was home alone, and my dog started barking and going crazy.

Many other things happened, and I would be scared but just put up with it. No one else in my house had things happening to them, and none of my brothers or my mom believe in ghosts. My dad does, but nothing's happened to him. The worse thing that happened was when I actually saw an apparition; it terrified me. I can't remember how old I was, probably 11 or 12. I was lying in my bed at night, and thought I heard something next to me on my right. I turned but nothing was there, and when I turned back I saw it. By the left side foot of my bed, a little girl was hovering just over my feet with her arm reached out to me. She had long, tangled hair, and wore an old-fashioned nightgown. It was long and frilly at the bottom and on the wrists. She was kind of see-though, but not exactly. She was a bluish whitish color. I guess she was there for about three seconds then vanished.

Well I stopped using my Ouija board in my normal house (I'll put up another story about things that have happened in my beach house), and the scary things stopped happening. I'm 14 now and I'm going into 9th grade, and I rarely have anything happen. A few months ago I heard footsteps in my attic, but that's nothing compared to what used to happen. Even though I rarely see proof that my grandfather and Abbey are still here, I have a feeling they are. I always kind of got a bad vibe off of Abbey though, and I was wondering if someone could help me get rid of her? I feel like during the times I talked to her, she didn't always tell me the truth about things. Even though she rarely does stuff now, she still does sometimes and it scares me (a lot).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xjrsygrlxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nikkienicole (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
Ok well I don't know how to get rid of her but do not do not do not use the Quija board alone ever never ever do that its the worst thing you could do. Second if you are going to use a Quija board (because I don't believe that whole you go to hell if you use it thing) do it was someone else who believes and light a candle next to the board shut all the lights off talk to the spirt if the candle flickers you know that someone is there. At the end of your session make sure that they spell the goodbye at the bottom of the board otherwise the portal between the two worlds will stay open then blow the candle out.
California_Girl (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
I'd encourage you not to use oujia boards. They are pure evil and often lead to opened portals and evil demonic presences. Feel free to go toy profile and e-mail me. I'd like to discuss with you further your paranormal experiences!
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
hi thankyou for your story, you can move them on, we had a few ghost in our home (they were not evil,) we knew this as we got a medium in, he told us you can tell them to leave, we didn't but in the end we had the house blessed as I heard my name being called 3 times, (they have gone I can't feel them any more,) so try having the house blessed., good luck and for what its worth I believe you, please don't do ouija boards they are bad and often the spirit are not who they say they are, I too did them when I was 15 very scary things happened. Cheers keep us posted di.xx
BellaPhantom12199 (1 stories) (13 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
my friend said Ouija boards are evil and for the TV it may have been wires and was she blond with blue eyes? Because I met a little girl named Sarah in my dream and she ended up being a real ghost I'm going to submit that story when it will let me
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
What you could do with Abby is lay down some clear ground rules with her. Maybe get your dad to help, seeing as he believes in ghosts, too. Tell her she's welcome to stay, but there are going to be rules now, such as she is not allowed to lie to you; she is not allowed to be mean, she is not allowed to hurt or scare you; etc. Human ghosts listen to requests like that. She sounds like a normal, youngm human spirit, and I suspect foul play in her death. Could you notice any injuries on her spirit, or no? I know this sounds morbid, and I'm sorry for that. I've always been curious about ghosts, and what causes them to linger, and what they look like depending on different causes of death.

Anyway, back on topic, If the ground rules do not work, there are some other options. Telling her she needs to go to the light is one. Another is that, should your family happen to be religious, go to your local church and have a mass said for "Special Circumstances", or "for Abby", or both. "For Abby under special circumstances."

I promise that this is on topic with the prayer thing -> A family member of mine, a devout catholic, had a possessed trash can. No joke. It would fly across the room, they would hear thundering foot steps when no one was in the bathroom with the trash can, and what would sound like someone unzipping a snow suit in the bathroom, as well as a few other things.

My uncle went to his church, and paid/donated $10 to the church, for a mass to be in honour of 'special circumstances'. The church held the mass, and since that day, nothing has happened to him. <-- Point being, my family has proof that this works.

However, Abby could just need someone to tell her that she's just not being a very good house guest, like most children do when they're at someone else's house. Like I said, talk to your dad about it. Tell him you're concerned, and would like his help.

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: