You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Screaming House

Real Ghost Stories

Screaming House

 

This story takes place back in 1988. I was 5 years old. My family and I lived in a big white house in Cotton Valley, Louisiana. My sister always told me stories of the house being haunted. I would always run to my mom and get my sister in trouble. My mom had given my sister her own room and I had my own.

After my sister moved out of my room and into hers, it was after everyone had gone to bed one night. I slept in the room right by the kitchen. I started hearing noises coming from the attic which sounded like chains raddling and all of a sudden, I heard a girl scream. I jumped out of my bed and ran to my mom's room and woke her up. She said it was just my imagination and she put me back to bed.

I kept hearing the same sounds for a month. I was so scared that I would sleep with my teddy bear in one arm and a flash light in the other. Then my step sister moved in with us. Me and her shared my room. She said she heard it too. Then it all stopped one day. It was quiet in our house for a couple of months and I was sleeping again.

One night in September, it was around eleven pm, after we all went to bed, aAll of a sudden the whole house was woken up to the sound like someone was in the kitchen breaking every dish in the house and then heard people screaming at each other. My mom turned on the kitchen light and there was nothing happening. All the dishes were in the cabinets and everything was fine.

We heard and saw weird things like that until we moved out in early 1990.

Other hauntings by Mystic

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mystic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Beverly. I am not sure what type of help we could be to you since this event took place so long ago. Also I am always a little weary of stories that begin with when I was 5 or younger. My own recollections are hard enough for me to recall from when I was a teenager. I am not saying your story is not true, just have a little doubt is all. Which is not a bad thing, it leaves it open for discussion.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: