You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Awakening

Real Ghost Stories

The Awakening

 

As far as I can remember since my childhood I would say I have always been a bit of an outcast, quite, kind of a recluse... I always had a feeling I was different. I had imaginary friends, felt I was a real witch (laugh out loud) I just didn't feel as if I was a normal healthy happy child. Years went on and I did my best to be normal it was not until I was about 12 I became obsessed with vampire. By age 14 I was showing an interest in the occult. However I did manage to go through a short phase of an extreme Christianity but by age of 15 I went back and started to study witchcraft. The years did go on as I grew older and throughout high school I was yet again an outcast. I started to dress Gothic, listen to Marilyn Manson, began cutting, and writing deep dark poetry of demons, ghosts, and spirits. I was not allowed to have any sort of Ouija boards, tarot cards or books whilst living with my mom. At age 19 was when it all began...

I began hanging out in old abandoned cemeteries, meeting other fellow pagans, learning more about dark arts, vampires, interests with Crowley, the book of the necronomicon, and yours truly the Satanic bible. November 2000 was the night my life changed.

I was out with a friend and we went to the bay bluffs, we sat on the shore smoking cigarettes, talking and star gazing. A group of young men all black approached us and asked me if I would be interested in helping them out with a favor. Being young and dumb I at the time agreed. I told my friend I would be right back but that he was more than welcomed to tag along and help too. The guys led me to an area near the woods and asked me to lie down on this huge inverted pentagram they had drawn in the sand... My body tingled in excitement; they then placed small daggers at my hands, and feet and a sword at the top of my head. I will have to admit I did find it funny and entertaining because I thought this was all part of a joke or show with some guys wanting to be cool... They then light some candles and start chanting... The leader of the group then leans down by my head and literally bites deep into my neck, and the other 2 guys and my friend watch in terror... He then moves to my wrists and feeds from there. It was scary but yet I wanted and craved more. I know you are all thinking this is made up or probably sick but it really happened. I went home that night thought nothing of it, the wounds were fine... I felt fine. Life went on! It was not until about August of 2001 where minor weird things started to happen...

I began to feel I was constantly being watched, followed or stared at... I'd see black shadows bolt out from the corner of my eye but I ignored it. But I felt on edge and uneasy. September 2002 was the first time the attacks began I was at my husband's (ex) aunt's house and while he was at work she and I talked and she told me how her mother died in the house and was buried in the cemetery in the back yard. I thought nothing of it really and went to bed. I remember at 5am the alarm clock going off I saw my husband get out of bed... Even spoke to him, watched him go into the bathroom in the hallway, etc... All the sudden I couldn't move... I felt restrained to the bed as if someone was sitting on top of me holding me down in place and sucking the life right out of me. I was breaking into sweats, chills. I tried to scream out for my husband who was still in the bathroom getting ready for work. I could see the alarm clock, the TV. On and even his aunt walked out of her room and down the hallway.

My husband finally came out of the bathroom and walked past me and the feeling grew stronger. I was trying hard to move but couldn't'. The clock read 5:15am. My husband finally came back into the room and said my name and I broke free from whatever was attacking me. I told him about it and he said I was probably asleep dreaming with my eyes open. I did not want to rule that out so I let it go and forgot it ever happened.

Years passed, I had my son and life seemed pretty good for me, no attacks... No nightmares. I was finally feeling free from my past until 2006 came and this is where it got stronger, deeper and more thrilling.

It was about the end of July when I woke up from a dream I had had and I got out of bed and got online and told my friend whom I had never met in person about it. I trusted him with it because we had been online pals for almost 2 years and he was my go to guy when I had a crisis or needed advice. I told him all about the dream from the place I was in, the people there, the glass of water I had drunk and beyond. He then told me it seemed strange because the house I described matched his house and the car I mentioned sounded like a friend of his and the weather setting seemed like November time where he lived. I thought he was pulling my leg and asked he email me a picture of his house from the front and then from the doorway... He did and my jaw dropped it was everything in my dream... I then began freaking out it seemed so odd to dream a dream like that.

Later that week I was talking to another friend whom was friends with him and he told me how the other friend told him about my dream and he said he too had a dream about a girl with dark hair, green eyes who was short and seemed frightened but it was a girl he had never seen before and she was trapped in a closet. He asked if I would email a photo of myself and I did... He said I was that girl. So the 3 of us in different areas of the US and Canada area began freaking out but not as bad as me. I became obsessed with it. I went to a local friend and asked him about it and he gave me a book to read "The Witches Almanac 2006" I skipped ahead and went to my zodiac and read... Got to September it says... "Family crisis perhaps a divorce or split up, confusion, be aware to your surroundings" October- "you will take a trip outside of where you live, perhaps a new country... You have a mission you are seeking, new beginnings wait." November "disappointment is headed your way... Approach with caution things will not be what they present themselves as". I was speechless at this point didn't know what to say or do. My best friend suggested making an appointment with a local psychic and seek advice. So she and I made an appointment and went to see the psychic.

The psychic took me into a room anointed me with oil and did her reading she too told me the same thing I read about previously. She also told me someone involved was putting on an act to gain my trust. She also said my husband was going to leave me and take my son too. She told me about the time I did a ritual and how I had 7 demons around me and had opened a door to a dark portal and that I would be going on a trip and I need protection other than a cross necklace or bible. Keep in mind please I did not tell her anything more than the names of my two friends, where they lived, and my name. I left her house and felt strange all day.

The next day got much worse I felt weird all day no appetite, isolating myself, didn't want company and even argued with my husband when he asked if I wanted to have dinner with his friend who was a preacher. I went to bed that night not feeling well. The next day my husband tells me he came to bed and saw me in a awkward position in bed and said I had strange behavior that when he came to bed I was arched up, hands against head board as if tied or held... Body somewhat sprawled out, eyes rolled back, head back and I was making weird noises and speaking in tongues and said the words Valknot. He asked me and near begged me to see his preacher friend and get help that only made me angrier...

My nightmares grew... And by September my husband left. End of October I went away to visit my friends I had never met... Halloween happened (I care to not say due to the morbidness and personal decision) I returned home... Me and my husband tried to reconcile but it failed... All was happening like predicted. May came and I went through more events that traumatized me and summer 2007 I moved back home with my mom and shortly after visited overseas... It was not until late 2007 it happened again.

I woke up and felt l like I was being attacked... Someone sitting on me sucking life out of me but this time I had a severe headache and couldn't even move my mouth... I kept telling myself in my mind to wake up... Snap out of it... But I couldn't. When I finally pulled through I saw a dark hooded shadowy figure bolt out of the room. This happened to me 2-3 times a week every other week. I'd tell my boyfriend then about it and he said it was my imagination but if it happened again to wake him up... How was I supposed to if I couldn't move? So one night in bed it happened again. I was awake feeling feverish... I could see my boyfriend asleep next to me... I broke out into chills... Couldn't move... Started trying to scream out but all that came out was a raspy whisper, this time I had tears forming and I was fighting to move... I managed to use the bedding of my finger tips and dig my nails into my boyfriend to wake him up. He wake up and flipped the lights on and he was staring at me he said my name and put his arms around me and calmed me down... I see the figure yet again bolt out of the door and to God knows where.

My boyfriend says when he flipped on the lights I looked pale and petrified this continued to happen but not as much when we slept closer together and me sleeping on nights when he would stay up late on the p.c. Gaming. Time went on and it rarely happened anymore and if it did I ignored it. It was not until 2009 it happened again but at my mom's house and on some nights I would be up reading or on the p.c.

I recall one night seeing the shadow figure by my window move across the wall to the foot of my bed and vanish; sometimes I'd see it by the door to my room as if it was waiting for me to fall asleep. I told my mom of this and she said it was probably my imagination running wild or too much gaming or not sleeping well. I have also noticed as well a cigar smell in my room, hearing water bottles pop, sometimes voices and seeing shadowy bugs, flying things and of course my shadowy guest.

My boyfriend who I am with now gave me a tiger's eye and it hangs about my headboard and I keep sage and incense around to ward it off but it does not help much.

It is now 2010 and it only happens every other month or so and about 1 or 2 times when it does... I have just kind of learned to deal with it, its apparent it follows me where I go... And seems to not want to leave just yet. I reckon as long as I can live with it, it won't hurt me... I do sometimes give it offerings rather it's a cigarette or a candy or something. I just feel this is my personal demon, ghost or incubus and it plans on sticking around. I also learned if you show fear or make it angry it only gets worse.

Other hauntings by Lanafairy81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lanafairy81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-28)
But my best guess would be it was related to the Weird biting thing. They probably infested you with that creature.
Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-28)
The flying things and bottles popping might be a poltergeist but I can't be sure and everything else I have no idea 😕
Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-28)
The creature suck the life out of you kind of reminds me of... Oh darn I forgot what they were called... You know... Those weird shadow creatures from Harry potter.
Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-28)
The people biting nearly made me throw up. And why did you crave more
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Marlon I have a friend whom is a Jehova, I haven't had any attacks as of late been a few years now really... Srry for a late response I rarely log into here anymore...
Marlon (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
The reason all of this happened to you is because you practiced black magic and got a satanic bible, so sure enough something bad is going to happen. If you need help contact the Jehovah's witnesses organization. Or you could ask me.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Preacher it is funny you mentioned possession because my husband back then had a friend who was a ordained minister and he too said that but I refused to have any and all exorcisms done on me. Thankfully I haven't had anymore attacks in over a year... Though I am not a christian I still respect those who are and have struggled staying away from any dark arts possible granted it temps me to go back I fight it and stick to light magic and such.
preacher (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
I do agree that you participated in your "self fullfilled prophecy".I also think that you not only have demonic harrassment but also some sort of mild possesion. If you are a Christian then you would know that God bans all magic he does not make a distinction between them because it is a sin and if we sin we allow evil to have a grip on our lives. I believe you should turn back to God, start praying and start reading your/a bible. If you do your research the bible has a uniqueness that cannot be compared by any other religion. I would also say do it for your child, the bible says "punishing the children for the sin of the fathers" in those times it was patriarchal so I would assume the same goes for mothers. God bless
Jitow (362 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Jesus girl, you have got to go back to Jesus. You need to recall that whirlwind Christianity. All you have to do is say or think if you cannot say it "Jesus rebuke you".:In Jesus name go to the foot of His cross". If you do this it cannot stay around you. Don't just have a Bible, read it daily, leave it open on your night stand. Do thios the very next time you feel it and let us know the results.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I have a shared custody over my child but on my own free will decided to let his dad take him full time. Some may say its guilt but I feel I am doing the right thing and that is the greatest gift a parent can give anyone. As for walking off with strange guys I was 19 I wanted to hang out with older people, it was more so I had always had a hard time fitting in and when someone accepted me in a group I felt happy... Granted the idea now is stupid but when you're 19 you do make mistakes and yes I did clean the wounds with hospital grade soap, peroxide and neosporin... Since last summer I want to say I have not shown an interest in the dark arts anymore and I do apologize for offending any pagans... I started out in wicca and let the dark side consume me and it took time and meditation and finding my path. I haven't had an attack in almost a year except for one and that will be for a different story... I do still hear things, smell things in the house and hear whispers but I ignore it and give it very little attention... I do have the tools to do a cleansing but have yet done so, considering since I have ignored it but acknowledged it is there it hasnt attacked but rather just make noises or move little things from time to time. ❤
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I am also a Pagan, I have seen and taken part of both the dark and the light - I call myself gray because I understand there can not be one without the other. I personally say there is no such thing as the Devil, it's just our dark side trying to trick us. I won't judge you based on your beliefs, but I will ask what the heck where you thinking when you said yes to those strange men? Allowing yourself to take part in an unknown ritual, with equally unknown men BY YOURSELF is very dangerous. From the stand point of a woman, I would have never gone with them as the fear of being raped or worse would have brought me to my better senses. My dear, I fear that the others are very right. Your mind set and belief in things (IE: the pyshic reading) let you give into those fears. If something is attached to you, and I very much think there are, this is something you must take steps to remedy. I don't think it's as "honest" intentioned creature, even if it hasn't harmed you, it has threatened or scared you. It has shown it has enough power to affect you and who knows why it's here. Please take care.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
And also, let me just say that as a Wiccan, I'm not offended by your comments. There are many misconceptions about Pagan beliefs. I don't think your comments about the darker side reflect anything other than that you have not been shown the positive side.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I think maybe you fell into a self-fulfilling prophecy concerning your husband. He tried to help you, he did his best, but you had already been told he would leave, and that was probably in your mind while he tried to help. You may have been having, consciously or not, feelings of resentment, "Why do you care, you're leaving," in the back of your mind. Feelings like that make it tough to realize someone just wants to help. I can't help but wonder, if you had never been told he would leave, how would you have reacted? Would you have let him help?
Divination is not an exact art. Divination shows the likely outcome of events, if one continues on their current path. A person can change their path, and change the outcome. The future is not set in stone. Every decision changes what will be.
What is your current spiritual path? Are you still into the darker aspects of Paganism? If so, please, please find a more positive spiritual path. There are positive Pagans, and negative Pagans. The negative side will just fuel whatever is plaguing you. The positive side can help you cleanse yourself of the dark presence, and live a happier life.
Pjod makes a very good point about guilt. It will only make things worse. Try not to feel guilty. At this point in time, you are doing the best for your little one that you can by letting his father raise him. Once you embrace the positive, and banish the negative, you will be better able to take care of both your son, and yourself.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Pendragon hit it spot on, hun. Pagans DO NOT worship Satan, usually are kind people who use white magic, and have a love of nature. Sometimes, however, there are a few Pagans who dabble in black magic, although the ones I know stick to the good 'ole white magic.

Anyway, on to another point that Pendragon made- Did you go to the doctor after he bit you, or at least doused the wounds with alcohol and peroxide? Even though biting isn't the best way of transmitting diseases, it can still leave a nasty infection, due to plaque and germs on the teeth, and in the mouth.

And also, I may not be Pagan, but I feel mildly offended for my friends who are. You may want to explain this in a comment, if this is just a misunderstanding.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I'm going to clarify this right now - you should probably specify WHAT breed of paganism you follow/ed. I'm Greco-Pagan, and I do NOT worship Satan. That is considered Satanism, not Paganism. Please do not tarnish the name of perfectly peaceful religions, such as the ones that worship the Goddess, because you don't know the difference in terminology. I was offended when you said, and I quote: "...meeting other fellow pagans, learning more about dark arts, vampires, interests with Crowley, the book of the necronomicon, and yours truly the Satanic bible."

Most pagans are about healing and white magics, not necromancy and the dark arts and the Satanic bible. This is not paganism as most normal people would call it, and I would be surprised if other Pagans didn't comment about you offending them.

Anyway, I agree with the other two posters. Being 19, why the HECK would you follow some strangers into a clearing and allow some delusional twit to bite you? He could have any manor of disease, and he could have killed you. From the sounds of your "Satanic" ritual, they were trying to sacrifice you to something darker, and it failed. This failed summoning could have lead them to curse you, or something along those lines.

Let it be a lesson.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Ok, one thing I have to say, when you followed those guys:
What were you thinking?! Even though what they did was pretty bad, they could've done SO much WORSE! My thought when you mentioned the daggers, pentagram, and biting was "AH, HEEELLL NAH!".

It seems to me like they tried to do either a summoning, or powerfull black magic spell, but for some reason, the leader wouldn't let his buddies in on what exactly they were doing. It seems kind of low for none of them to speak up and make him stop, cause obviously he didn't have any good intentions.
I would seek out professionals to bless your home, sort out your feelings, as Pjod has suggested, and please, make wiser decisions regarding strangers. 😐
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
One thing that sticks out for me, in your above, is that you don't have custody of your child. I can only assume the reason... Child is better off being raised by Dad? Let me just say, it is very unnatural for a mother and child to be seperated. It is possible that you have guilt eating away at you. Even if it is subconscious... You would have to. This guilt could be manifesting itself in a way that you can identify... Being a longtime fan of the paranormal. Just my thoughts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: