You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Cartoon Clown

Real Ghost Stories

The Cartoon Clown

 

This is my first story on here. I know that some people will say that this was a figment of my imagination, and while I would love to believe that, I know that it wasn't. So please, I know you mean well, but don't leave a comment saying I was dreaming or imagining things, okay? Okay, great! Thanks!

Now to start with a little background... I was 5 years old at the time this occurred living with my Mom in an apartment (my parents had recently separated). The layout of the apartment was: you walk in and to the right is the kitchen, beside the kitchen (to the further right) is the dining area. Go forward from the door and there is a hallway on the left where the bathroom and my Mom's room were. Go straight and take a step down into a sunken living room. To the left of the living room looks like closet-type horizontal wooden slat doors but those were actually the doors to my room. Does that make sense? Okay, awesome.

Moving along... That day I was at home sick. I had a terribly sore throat and could barely speak. I had cream of tomato soup and a toasted bologna sandwich for lunch and could not finish the sandwich as the toast was too hard and hurt my throat. The point of me telling you this is so that you know that I remember the details of the day leading up to my experience. I digress, I spent the day with my Mom and cuddled with her while we watched Young and the Restless.

In the middle of the night I was woken up by the sound of the chain coming off the door and the deadbolt unlocking. I thought that it was my Mom letting her boyfriend into the apartment as he worked until late at night. I heard footsteps coming through the hall and down into the living room, stopping right outside my door. At that point I was terrified. I didn't hear my Mom talking to her boyfriend or him say anything at all and it was completely silent. The wooden slats in my door shifted and opened and I saw a 6' cartoon clown standing outside the door looking in at me. I know it might sound funny that it was a cartoon, but I guarantee you that it was terrifying.

It opened the door and came into my room. It walked over to be standing above me in my bed. I was trying to scream but because my throat was so sore I couldn't make any noise. It had a teapot or something in its hand and was holding it over me and was starting to pour something onto me. I started thrashing around in my bed trying to make it go away. It worked.

It was like I hit rewind on a video... A slow rewind, but a rewind nonetheless. The clown backed out of my room, closed the door, the slats closed again, I heard the footsteps retreating through the apartment, the door open and close, and the deadbolt and chain go back on the door.

I tried calling my Mom, but my voice still wasn't working. I finally got up the courage to go and get my Mom and she came and slept with me. She didn't believe me and her (along with the rest of my family) laughs hysterically and brings up my "little story".

I know more than anyone how ridiculous it sounds to have a cartoon clown torment you. I also know that most of you will not believe me and say that because I was a child that I was just imagining things. But I wasn't. I know what I saw and it was terrifying.

Other hauntings by Shuster84

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shuster84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Helper12 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
[at] Shuster84, Sorry I'm very late here. But during childhood I was haunted by something or several things that looked like a cartoon or something 3D merging with reality. I know how bloody terrifying it is, I could not even scream and only uttered incomplete letters everytime I would try to speak. I don't know why it is so bloody terrifying when you see something cartoon or 3D-like merge with reality. Glad I know I am not alone, feel free to arrange a talk with me should you wish to discuss if you read/see this.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
My old boss, Tony, remembered standing up in his crib and seeing a horse walk up and stand in the doorway of his bedroom. He was very young, of course, but the event was startling enough for him to recollect it very clearly and even at that age he understood that this was something very unusual. He said the horse was upright on it's two hind legs and crossed it's front legs across it's chest, watching him for quite a while. He was a serious and steady character, no staff poked fun when he shared.
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Was that stuff that it poured on you still there after it left or was it still there? Wow, just the thought of being bed ridden with a sore throat and having some clown spill a bunch of stuff on you while on your bed must have been terrible, if that happened to me I would have been so angry...
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Good story. Too bad nobody believes you. I'm shocked that nobody asked this so I'm going to... What did the clown pour on you?
Yoshian12 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
That sounds scary! If I saw that, I would be so scared and I would not know what to do. Did the cartoon clown thing have those cartoon like eyes? Like the ones with a white circle and a black dot as the eyes?
AngelDemonGhost101 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Awww,I believe you. That must have been a very scary experience I can't begin to imagine how terrifying that would have been for you at such a young age. I do agree that bluebonnet sometimes ornary spirits do sometimes materialize into things such as clowns to scare us. I also believe that spirits particularly haunt children. Because, children are more vunerable to seeing spirits than adults are and because they can sometimes feed off of a child's fear much easier as well. Have you had any more experiences like this?
Bluebonnet (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
Wow too bad no one believed you (I do). I hate clowns! I don't mean to offend any of you clowns out there but I've always thought they are freakin terrifying (and I've never seen the Stephen King movie)! When I was 5 I met up with a giant twinkie (literally, it was a guy in a 6' twinkie costume-WTF?) and I think it scarred me lol. But as an adult I did have a very realistic dream of a demon clown. I think the ornery spirits like to dress themselves up as clowns to give us a spook.
VelvetLucifer (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
I remember seeing a cartoon clown looking at me too when I was 4. But, the goat staring sounds familar, too. I have seen a goat looking at me with glowing red eyes once when I was,4,
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
😜 DARKNESS, muchlove. As far as masks like rubber ones*+- I'm not down with all that, but I do paint my face all the time. I try to come up with different ways to clown paint my mug. What kind of Jugalette would I be right? But yes, the ones I have a few feather ones from New Orleans, LA, that are pretty. & I've attended masquerades but those masks for the most part those masks only cover the top of the face. If the cover the whole face or entire head it bothers me... & I am not scuuurd of Pennywise any longer, thank you 😉

~LSD~
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Hi Shuster84, I believe you. I saw something much more unbelievable but I know what I saw was for real. My grandfather experienced also something that just can't be explained. What I saw and what my grandfather and my family saw next to him that knight- no one will believe-they will think we're on drugs or something. I think the unknown can change like they want to scare you or play with your mind. I believe you. It's bad when you see something so strange that you realise nobody will believe you it then just stay with you and what you saw. 😕
Shuster84 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Thank you SO much for believing me! I was super apprehensive about putting this up as, like I had mentioned, I was the butt (or bud, whatever it is LOL) of many jokes because of it. It makes me feel a lot better than other people have either experienced this type of thing as well. I would never laugh at anyone for seeing something, especially a goat! That would be super scary and I would probably poop myself. Sorry for that... Haha. But yeah, I never encountered it again. I did have problems with a demonic entity though (I think it was anyways). I will have to write it up soon (I've been lazy... Sorry!). I don't know if the two are related or interconnected as this demonic type force has been off and on since I was in kindergarten. Anyways, thank you so much for the comments and believing me! I was worried to come and read them and have people say I made this up. You guys rock!

PS - Pennywise didn't scare me:) But, as a result of this clown thing I am terrified of masks. I hate when I can't see someone's face so I don't know what their thinking or can't get a vibe off of them... Well not a good one anyways...
Mystical_Lad_11 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I've had a few bad experiences with a clown like entity, although it was somewhat of a cross between Krusty (the simpsons) and Ronald, of McDonald fame. My family tell me it's a hyper imagination I have, but it seemed so real. I could have reached out and touched it if I wasn't frozen in fear
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Lotus yehyeh who you trying to kid we all (mainly the loonys) know that your still scared of Pennywise the clown heck even I am ahaha 😆❤
But yes as previous posters have mentioned I have also heard of certain types of entities manifesting in to somethings that we highly fear.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Azura (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
I acually believe you. I had somethiung similar except I saw a goat... Yes please don't laugh. It walked down the hall and stood in my bedroom doorway. It had red eyes and it just stared at me. I havn't slept with my door open since then.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
CLOWNS! I, Lotus, as you all know (those of you that do really know me that is) I LOVE them all. Pennywise is the only one who scared me when I was younger, but now he doesn't. He is from 'IT' yeah, well enough about me on to your experience. HollyAnne & Dreamsicle are closer to my opinion. One or the other OR a combo, who's to really say. What I do know 100% like most of us here is that it totally SUCKS when no one believes what you know you stinking saw, heard, felt or smelled>experienced to sum it up. It hurts & it really causes one to question their sanity & there for become withdrawn. Especially when you're like me & the spiritual warfare happens every where all the time every day. A lot of folks don't like clowns though. I'm sorry for you that it was a joke to everyone. I got that at school a bunch. I had to see the super school guidance chick who was SO demonized I got physically ill when we would meet. After my parents met her the first time they told the school that they would find me help for my ghostly trips elsewhere, because they realized the chick was whack. Gosh I'm blah blah ing a lot. Sorry. But this story goes onto my favorites & I BELIEVE YOU! ❤ Bless you & yours & much clown love... Or not! LOL! Much love.

~LSD~
LoveThief (1 stories) (1 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
A similar thing happened to me once, except I wasn't sick and it was a penguin. I had a strange fear of penguins when I was little.
deliriumdreamsicle (18 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
When we are terribly sick, sometimes our minds get delirious and hallucinate. It's like dreaming while we are awake, we cannot control what we see, and sometimes it evokes our greatest fears... Or anything fearful for that matter. Maybe, maybe not.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
I enjoyed reading this, though I cannot say what it was that appeared in your room at a young age. I do recall when my little sister was sick with a fever she saw things that weren't really there and sometimes when we are sick we become dilerious. I am not saying you didn't see anything because I see things on a daily basis but when I am sick I seem to be more vulnerable.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
I really think these are the worst type of experiences. The ones you know happened, but are so completely absurd no one believes it. I agree with Holly that some beings pick out images that are frightening, or otherwise will elicit a strong emotional response. I am glad for you though, in that this clown thing was a one time event. I would have needed fresh underwear after that.
HollyAnnLewis (3 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
I've heard of this before.

What I believe is going on is that whatever came into your room made itself look like something you would be able to relate to. It looked like a clown, but it was probably something else. It's possible for things to just "Pass through" your residence. Young children are more accepting of paranormal, and parents just pass it off as a "phase" or a "nightmare". The worst thing you can do is taunt someone who has an experience like this. These tend to be intelligent spirits who find your worst fear and become it. I'm going to guest that you are coulrophobic - (fear of clowns). I am, so I understand where you're coming from. This could be what this thing saw in your mind as terrifying and took that form. Just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: