You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Columns Of Light

Real Ghost Stories

Columns Of Light

 

In 1977 my first husband and I had just moved to the big city from small country town. Salt Lake was a big city to me. We moved in to a duplex apt. Shaped like a trailer home, along with rooms one after another with a hall down one side and at the end was the bathroom. When you sat on the toilet with the door open you could see all the way down to the front door though the kitchen and into the living room. Please let me mention that this apartment did not face the street.

The first time I saw it, I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Half asleep I saw a light coming out of the wall like a camera flash then it folded back in to the wall. I knew I saw something with intelligence. The next day I noticed that it had come from some books in a book case on the wall, I felt that it had been reading them.

Second time, I'm sitting in the same place, by the way I never turned on the bathroom light. I looked down and saw the entire kitchen light up then all of the sudden the light narrowed into what you might describe as a slice of light in the center of the room. Think of a slice of bread. It then turned in to a column of light and then it turned into a cube of light it flashed and vanished. I saw this light in the kitchen three times once in the living room. But what truly and finally scared me, was when my neighbor asked why we were up so late one night in our bedroom, and of course we were not up.

That night at dinner I got the courage to tell by husband, I said "I have something important to tell you" and before I could say another word. He said" You've seen it to "I thought I was going to die of fright. I was kind of hoping that I was crazy and just seeing thing. I know it was some kind of intelligence. I still think about it all the time. I still live in Salt Lake and I drive by that apartment and wonder.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nannypanny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
Interesting read.
From what you have said it does sound like an intelegent haunting.
Have you ever done any research on the land that the duplex was on?
Or any research on if anything happened in the duplex?

Peace
JustCurious
nannypanny (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
This duplex is between 39th and 45th on llth east. Could take you there but don't know the exact address. Thank you for reading.
Miriam (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-21)
Hello, I was wondering what the address of the apt you lived in is? I live in Salt Lake too and I would like to drive by the place. Thanks in advance

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: