You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Tall Dark Figure - Was It Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Dark Figure - Was It Grandpa

 

Up until a couple of months ago, my mom use to work morning shifts at a factory. She used to wake up around 3:30 am and would leave at 4:20. One night when my mom decided she would leave me home alone since I begged her I was old enough to take care of myself. My father was away on vacation with my brother. She said okay and to call me when I wake up. I said okay mom. The next day she said bye and I went back to sleep. I woke up a couple Hours later to a noise. I looked at my door still half awake and half asleep and saw what appeared to be a very tall dark figure just standing over me. I was thinking maybe I was dreaming and this is my mom. I said bye mom love you but heard nothing. That's when I got a little creeped out and tried to go back to sleep. I shut my eyes waited 10 seconds I opened them and the figure was still there.

A couple days later my mom came home very upset. I couldn't understand a word she was saying. She calmed down and finally told me the words that broke my heart. "Sweetie your grandpa died last week in Iraq". I started crying I didn't go out for weeks. I told my mom what I had seen she said it was probably my grandpa saying his goodbyes. I just don't know what to think because I have been seeing dark figures for months after that day

Ismael Rios 1945-2008

R.I.P)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cristy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

psychicteen13 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
I'm so sorry for your loss; I know oh too well what that feels like, I lost my Great Grandmother back in 2008. I was devastated 😭
cristy (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
were could I start at first I feel scared then nervous then I get happy because I think its my grandpa checking up on me. Last week I saw this figure again except it went down stairs and into my brothers room and it was gone. It left a piece of paper saying my name and a heart I am trying to put a picture up of it but I cant. I truley miss him with all my heart. I just hope its him because it feels like a piece of me is missing if I don't believe it is him checking up on.!)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandpa it is never an easy thing to go through. The shadow figure you seen could have have been your grandpa, you mention that you have seen these shadows for a while now, can you tell me what is the feeling you get when you witness them? This will give you a better understanding to what it is that your seeing. If it is a negative vibe this could be something differant. Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: