You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Lady

 

I guess I should start the first time I ever saw something supernatural. I was six years old, so I was in kindergarten. It was bedtime and my sister and I were in our bed. We shared a room, and a bed. She was only two at the time and had very bad separation anxiety from me and my mom. Anyway, she was just about passed out and my dad had just finished saying prayers. He stopped at the door to say goodnight one more time. That's when a blinding light just filled my room. It shrunk then just winked right out of existence. I got really panicky so I yelled at my dad "Did you really just take a picture of me?" It's pretty obvious it wasn't a camera flash, but it was the closest thing I could think to compare it to. Eventually I got settled and fell asleep.

I'm not really sure how long it was, but shortly after it happened I told my grandma. I was so confused when she smiled about it. She said "Baby, that was your Guardian Angel; she was only trying to protect you. But if anything ever does scare you say the words, devil get away from me I belong to Jesus." So that was that. I saw the light one other time in my kitchen about a year after. I never saw anything else in my old house.

There was always an eerie feeling. However, that may have been my own paranoia. We moved when I was in third grade. The first thing I noticed about the house was that you could hear clunking up and down the hall at night. Footsteps, I bet you guessed. I was creeped out at first then I got used to it. The first time I saw it was in the evening. I walked into the pantry, when I turned back around I looked across the living room to my bedroom door. A woman was standing in my doorway. She had wavy black hair to her shoulders. She was wearing a red blouse, black pants and ballet flats. My first thought was there was a stranger in my house. Well actually my first thought was Oh my GOD! But you get the point. She looked so real.

Soon after that I started having this nightmare. In the dream I wake up in my bed and the armoire is shaking, the door opens and a possessed doll is there. Now the dream itself means nothing to me, but every time I'd wake up I'd feel someone stroking my hair. It was comforting, and I was sad when it stopped. When I stopped having the dream the stroking turned into jabs. Those eventually faded as well.

About a year or so later I started seeing a woman in my room. I'd say she was about twentyish. I grew really fond of her. I called her Lady. It's not like we were friends, our personalities contradicted too much. She was a bit of a prankster, and sometimes just downright mean. She loved to mess with my friends when they slept over. She hid my things and put them back in the weirdest places. I'd wake up sometimes and she'd be playing with my friend's hair. The worst she'd ever done was push me off my bed. Then soon after that she vanished, presence and all never saw her again.

It's been years. I think a lot about why she vanished. I came up with this theory. Maybe earth is "purgatory" and the spirits people see here are the souls of purgatory. And maybe when she disappeared it meant her soul was cleansed and she joined our father in heaven.

I guess we'll never know for sure. I'll continue this later. I know there is still a lot to tell. I would tell you now but then the story would be a mile long.

Other hauntings by beautiful_rain

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautiful_rain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

grace098 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
When someone dies and isn't so bad that they go to hell but not yet completely sin free to be in heaven those souls go to purgatory. Most all souls do since no one is perfect. I would compare it to a big bath tub, souls go there to be cleansed of sin before entering heaven. Though it not actually a place, more like a state of being. Thats why we pray for the souls of purgatory so that they make it to heaven.
Divine4 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
ahem...What does purgatory mean? I really don't understand!? 😕
grace098 (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
I'm going to have to say I disagree with you JamesL, I believe in purgatory. Who's to say either of us is right. None of us can say we know for sure. Everyone has their own theory or piece of truth. There has to be a meeting point somewhere. When it comes down to it there is a lot of guess work involved. Only the dead know what happens after death.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
Hi there! We are not really sure what hapened to the lady. But in case that she will come again, tell her your house rules. Tell her also that if she doesn't want to follow she is free to go. You have to be firm on how you say it or she will do pranks on you far worst than before.

❤
JamesL (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
You're seemingly of a more religious than spiritual inclination (to believe in purgatory). There is no purgatory. We are all accepted into the spirit realm. Some obviously don't go into the light for some reason or another and remain here for a certain amount of time as 'ghosts'. We either refuse of our own choosing or out of confusion and refusal of our death (say from a sudden and unexpected death).
grace098 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
Yes my friends know. They are okay with it. Most of them anyway. It was a long time ago so its kind of something we kid around about. I think because it keeps us off of how honestly creepy it was.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
That was a great story! Creepy, but awesome! It's really funny how a lot of people question what actually happens to a person's spirit after death. A lot of people think that they know, but there is only one true way to find out. I like your theory! One question please: Did your friends ever notice the paranormal events occuring? I mean, I think I would be mad if I stayed at someone's house and missed out on something cool because they didn't tell me because they were afriad of my reaction. Lol j/w...did your friends know?
grace098 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I had never thought of that. I really do hope she finds some kind of rest. Thanks for your insight SuperHBK.
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
You are right, She might have been a Soul from purgatory waiting for someone to have a Mass said for her...
After my Grandpa died, My siblings and I would hear foot steps, knocking on the walls, pictures would fall... My younger sister and I saw him. This all vanished after we had 30 consecutive Masses said for him.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Grace... Wow what a story, if a spirit disappears without its soul finding rest be sure that it will come back again, that lady that you are talking about may be still waiting for someone to help her finishing what she started. She may have thought that you are not the one to help her with her task that's why she disappeared.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: