You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Pleading From Beyond The Grave

Real Ghost Stories

Pleading From Beyond The Grave

 

Back last December we learned of the untimely death (suspected suicide by gun) of one of the sons of commissioner of the youth football league that my husband helped out with. My husband was greatly upset and we asked for more information regarding the death. The police had ruled it a possible suicide. My husband and everyone involved with the football league were in utter shock and disbelief.

A few days later the visitation was held at a local church. The line of mourners snaked through the church and even partly outside. As we make our way through the lines, I have this terrible sense of urgency hit me. It made me very light-headed, and then inside my head, the pleading begins:

"Please help me!"

"I didn't kill myself!"

"Please tell my family I didn't kill myself!"

The clamorous intensity of the messages increased the closer I came to the casket. It became like a siren sounding inside my head and as soon as my respects were paid, I had to go outside and get some fresh air.

Moments later, my husband emerges from the church with my daughter and asked me if I was ok. I told him about the sensations I had inside the church. My husband (who is an avid skeptic of the paranormal) then told me that he had felt something inside as well.

Many months go by without the mention of the young man's premature demise. One day I just happen to ask one of my husband's friends if the police had made an official determination about the boy's cause of death. He sad that the coroner had determined that the cause of death was an accidental shooting.

I'm not sure how all these pieces fit together, but what I do know was that suffocating feeling of intense anguish and the pleads for help.

What have I experienced here? I am at a complete loss.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SheWhoKnits, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

FART-EXTERMINATOR (24 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-06)
This is a great piece on a alleged paranormal experience. Different spiritual paths (not religions) have different views on how long it takes for the soul to leave it's physical body; I used to believe that the soul leaves almost instantaneously upon death; however according to Hinduism and Buddhism the soul can take days to leave the body, if this is true then your account of the funeral you attended confirms that the soul really does take days to leave. But then again I have also read witness accounts of seeing a ghost standing beside it's own corpse in a mortuary or a funeral parlour; I don't know what to believe.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
A sad story of an untimely death by accident. It seems that the coroner's official report about the accidental death made the soul of the young man move on to the light. The young must have been regreted what happened to him and he still has a lot to do in his life it so happened that the accident ended all of his dreams. May his young soul rest in peace.

entidad (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
I'de always wondered if ghosts were real and if they were why were they ghosts. I've read that there are no ghosts, just deamons who take on a dead person's persona. But deamons or souls that can't cross over to the dead word to await final judgement, one thing is true, they are real. I've had three experiences and only until recently I learned what ab42berry said. These beings are in neither world (some would say in purgatory) until something is done to bring them peace. I'm catholic so I believe in blessings by priests, exorcisms and stuff like that. A blessing was done in my hose yesterday and the ghost seems to have gone away.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
I loved this story, it seems like you are gifted. That's incredible. I'm glad to hear that his death was ruled accidental.
SheWhoKnits (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Thank you everyone for reading and commenting on my story. The feelings I felt at the funeral home were like nothing I had ever felt before. It was a panic attack, but a hundred-fold. Re-reading over my story and remembering that overwhelming desperation upsets me, even now. I hope the young man is at peace now that the police have ruled his death an accident.
ab42berry (31 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
sometimes before spirits pass on it is important to them to leave a message behind... If no one hears the message sometimes they will just refuse to cross and become angry bitter and sometimes dangerous... Sounds like you have some latent psychic abilities... It is up to you wether or not to train them... If you choose to hone your skills pm me
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
He obviously is useing what little comunication he has to try and get a message to his family and most likely won't be able to rest until you tell them please set this boys soul to rest

Your freind
The Puppeteer
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I thank you so much for sharing this story.

This story really really touched me ❤

I pray that that soul finds peace.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Sounds like he knew you could sense him, and made a desperate attempt to get a message through to his family.
Not a comfortable situation to be in. On the one hand, you want to help. On the other, having people think you should be medicated is no picnic.
Now that the police have determined that it was not suicide, I'm sure this young man is at peace.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
That is a very sad story. Especially when it is someone who was shot,stabbed,etc... And the police and everyone says its accidental... The sad thing is the dead cannot talk only their spirits. Makes me think of that movie The Lovely Bones. I swear to this day when my friend commited suicide by hang himself I swear it was a set up and someone else strangled him and hung him up to make it look like it was a suicide... Just the vibe I had when I went in his house it felt very dark and troubled like he was murdered.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: