You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Giggling Dolls

Real Ghost Stories

Giggling Dolls

 

This just started happening tonight, from what I can tell, but two identical antique porcelain dolls that I keep on my bed have started giggling!

Before I go on, however, I want to tell you a little about how I got these dolls. Both are most definitely older than I am. The first doll is Elizabeth, the one we keep with her hair up, and was handed down to me by my mother to take care of. Despite having her leg broken twice before being glued back on and being re-stuffed, she's in very good condition.

Giggling Dolls

The second doll that I decided to name Victoria, however, I ended up finding in a Goodwill with a 96 cent sticker in her hair not even a month ago. I was walking down one of the isles and spotted a dress I recognized as the one the doll Elizabeth had. I was pretty startled, to say the least (as was my mother), but I bought her and brought her home.

Until that point in time, Elizabeth had been in a box in the closet so nothing bad would happen to her. When I got home with the new doll Victoria, however, I took Elizabeth out of the closet and the two dolls have been on my bed, propped up together against one of the pillows ever since. As for the giggling, everything has been silent up until tonight...

I was preparing to take a shower when I walked passed my bedroom and something caught my attention; a rather soft noise. Stopping, I leaned in from the doorway and listened closely to hear what sounded like two young girls giggling about what might be an inside joke or something amusing to them. It kind of sent a shiver up my spine, but I ignored it and instead told my mother.

Once she knew what I'd heard, I took my shower... Only to come back out with my little brother freaking out about the hall light staying on.

Apparently, the girls started giggling as he passed my bedroom doorway on the way to tell my mom goodnight!

Other hauntings by EternalLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EternalLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tdmeyer (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
Although dolls freak me out, I think these ones sound a bit sweet. Kind of like friends reunited after a long time, which makes me happy that they are not alone.:)
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Maybe they are sisters that don't want to seperated to each other maybe they're close.

❀ MaryAnne
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
EternalLotus,
I had to come back and check the comments on this story again, they are still priceless!
I read this when I was brand new to this site, and my alias at that time was DCinAZ. It is still funny how creeped out people get over these dolls. πŸ˜†

Jav 😊
dreamingfool67 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
those dolls seem less creepy then others.
~dreamingfool67 😁
hi5girl (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
you know my dolls would do that exept they would scream. One night my little sis lauren walked by my computer room and my doll, blue eyes just screamed I heard it and when I went up stairs lauren was crying and was yelling"hannah your doll is evil" sincerly, hi5girl aka hannah
NellieFish (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
This frightened me, I shouldn't of read it in bed! As soon as I saw the picture it freaked me out, Dolls scare me! πŸ˜• Try putting them in a different room or giving the to a close friend or relative to see if they do the same there. If they do not, maybe it is something about that room? Good luck hun...

Nell x
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
ughhh creepy creepy creepy. Better watch out chuckie might turn up next and murder you lol 😁
retro_rose (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Creepy! I say chuck the dolls in a fireplace or something, LOL.
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
The story is interesting and sweet. I'd love to have giggling dolls! Now the comments, on the other hand, are just as priceless if you ask me. I have been reading a lot of the older posts from many of the folks who've commented on this story and I tell ya, I would never have guessed they were one and the same. People who've dealt with some pretty nasty characters (demons,etc.) are completely losing it over a PICTURE of your giggling dolls. I'm loving this site more every day guys. Thanks for the great story and the responses it brought. Priceless πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
EternalLotus (8 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Oh Wow, didn't realize so many people commented on my girls here! But, since so many asked for it, I'll give a little update on what they've been up to themselves:

Victoria and Elizabeth have kept up the giggling most nights (much to my little brother's horror) but have been behaving otherwise. I have, however, noticed that their heads seem to turn towards each other, then forward if you leave the room for a few minutes and come back.

DARKNESS: Yeah, Victoria has this thing with sitting like that no matter how many times I've moved her to sit properly!

Hlevrigenask: I think the reason people think dolls are so creepy is the feelings they may give off...I've been told porcelain or wooden dolls that have their faces painted on by hand gain something from that moment and the emotions of their maker. As to Vic and Eli's age, I'm not completely sure about the one on the right in the picture due to the whole goodwill thing, but the one of the left is most definitely over 30 years old. Not only do we have the pictures to prove it, but I remember seeing some sort of certificate for the doll my mom kept from when my Great grandfather bought it in the late 60's, early 70's.

Zzgranny: Haha, no problem; I also look forward to the story if the doll really is haunted~

To everyone else, I don't blame you being creeped out, but I don't mind them doing things like this... You could say I actually enjoy the fact they have life of their own, so I take good care of them. Even more so since they scare my brother enough to keep him out of my room altogether~
AngelofDarkness (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
I hate dolls! I have a few at home in my closet but not so many and I don't collect dolls to so... Your story is intresting! Thanks for sharing it!
~AngelofDarkness
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
There certain seems to be something not at all right about the doll on the right side of the picture. At least to me. Ka-reepy!
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
I don't know how can you sleep in the room with these dolls! They look scarier than horror movie dolls! Though I would keep them to use them as a anti-theft 'alarm' for my house! πŸ˜† The picture makes the story creepier! No matter how old the dolls are the fact that they understand each other is the scariest crap I've read so far 😨
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Freaky story! I don't think that saving the picture of the dolls in my computer will make me sleep. To be honest, I could sense something on the dolls. Just a suggestion, you might want to keep the doll if it freaks out evrybody in your house. By the way, this will go to my favorites list.

Zzsgranny: please keep us posted if the doll you will buy is really haunted.

❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
DARKNESS: Sorry, mate, it wasn't Chucky!...I couldn't bear to take him away from you, I know how fond you are of him!...

Sorry for hi-jacking your page, E-lotus! 😳 ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Hahaha it wasn't a chucky doll was it granny lol that's pretty game. I'm looking forward to hearing about this one. 😁

Dan
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
This story was strange enough, but the added photo is really freaky. That image will stick with me for some time. Be sure to fill us in if anything else happens, EternalLotus.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
I'm with you Martin and Daz, eeeeeekkk 😨 I got the heebie jeebies just by looking at the picture. I am going to agree with granny and say that you were meant to find Victoria, and that they are linked somehow. The giggling is so creepy. I wouldn't recommend trying to communicate with them, only because I would be too petrified to find out what happens. 😭

Granny, you are one brave lady. I'll be waiting along with Shini to read that story. LOL!
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
I'ma high jack this page for a sec.
Zzsgranny- Ooh, even though I'm terrified of dolls, that would be awesome if it really was haunted! If it is, you should post a story about it! πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
E-lotus: Well, I think this is really cool!...And I may get some flack from my Loonie friends, but I recently bid on a haunted doll on ebay... It will be interesting to see if this doll is really haunted, or just BS...

Please keep us posted as to the activity... Maybe these girls were sisters in life, and you were meant to find the other and reunite them! 😊...

Good story, and again keep us posted ❀
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
I'm with Aussiedaz on this one. It was freaky enough to read a story about dolls, but the picture intensified the level of freaky, and confirmed my phobia. However, it is a good story. 😨 = over 9000.
hlevreginask (4 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Dolls strike many people as creepy. Believe me, I know. I'm a dollmaker and also collect antique dolls dating back to the early 1900s. It's funny to see the reaction they elicit from people and my dolls are actually quite beautiful - museum quality dolls worth a lot of money. However, when I bought my first "antique" doll, I'll admit that she took some getting used to - partly because she's 32" tall and has human hair. Now the dolls you show in the picture have definitely seen better days, but neither one is all that old. These dolls were mass-produced in the 1980s and 1990s. This has nothing to do with whether or not they are possibly haunted as you suspect, but I thought it important to at least establish the fact that these are not antique dolls.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Geez that one on the right is looking down on me I don't like the look of it one bit. I don't know what to make of the giggling something seems to be attached to them. If it was me I would probly have got rid of them, but as you say it has been in your family for a long time now. Whats every one elses thoughts on this?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Yeah, not many stories here frighten me... But my fears have been exposed, this one does and your right Martin the photos don't help... 😨 😨 😨
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Publishing the photos of these dolls will certainly not help me sleep tonight 😒

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: