You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cleanly Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Cleanly Spirit

 

I'm sure we have a cleanly ghost hanging around. This occurrence happened awhile ago now...

I was home alone and tidying up the master bedroom. I had almost finished with the tidying up and started to change the sheets on the bed, when I heard our bathroom door open, the tap turning on, swooshing sounds as though someone was washing their hands, then the bathroom door closed. I waited to hear the echoes of footsteps in the corridor but heard none.

I came out of the bedroom, to find the hall way empty and no one around anywhere else in the house. All the doors were locked. My husband and baby went out earlier to pick up the rest of the children from school. I was completely alone except for the quick visit of something or someone who dropped by to clean itself.

Our house is very small and cozy and the bathroom is only a few feet away from our bedroom, then there's the hallway leading out into the lounge room and kitchen, so there would not have been time for anybody to slip into the house, use the bathroom taps and walk out of the house without being seen.

I have not experienced anything more from our cleanly visitor since this event. I guess the paranormal like to be kept clean too and not just those of this world.

Other hauntings by marijun

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marijun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
Hi Snowhite
We've been living in the house now for almost sixteen years but the house itself is already twentyfive years old. Thanks
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
Hello Hippiechick83
I understand where you are coming from. I'm a skeptic too and try to find explanations to why these type of events happen, hence my running around the house checking on every door, window and corner; but at that time and moment, there was nothing else in the house that could have made those kinds of noises. Our pipes have never made such a sound and our toilet was not running either. Thankyou for dropping by and sharing your insight 😁 God bless!
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
Hi Jazzeyjay
Thanks for your insight. I guess it was a once off occurance as the cleanly visitor have not yet returned, but I will keep everybody posted if he/she does. Be blessed always!
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
Thanks for your story. Your haunting doesn't sound like a residual to me, but does sound like a wandering spirit! I get these types of visitors sometimes and I am a sensitive, so I can always tell when they are around me and when they leave. Whoever it was, I'm sure was just passing through on their way somewhere else and probably will not visit you anymore. Let us know if they do!

God bless you!
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
It could be something residual... Maybe the previous owner of your house left a deep impression and that was their ritual at that exact time. Did you note the time and try to recapture that incident? Did you try to debunk it? Maybe you were mistaken that it was the sink water? Could it have been your pipes or even toilet running? I'm not saying that you didn't experience this at all because I have had many unexplainable events occur to me. But I always try to remain skeptical and rationalize it first. Because not every single thing that seems paranormal, is in fact paranormal. But I think it was a great story and do keep us posted as to if it happens again. 😊
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
How old is your house? How long have you been living there? It might be a spirit there, it doesn't seem harmful. Maybe you just need to leave it alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: