You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: August Soul Mates 3

Real Ghost Stories

August Soul Mates 3

 

It has been 12 months since my mother lost her battle with cancer and after writing August Soul Mates 2, I really had no intention of writing another. But what has transpired since then is the most incredible sequences of paranormal activity I had ever experienced and I felt compelled to come back and share it with the folk here at YGS. I know my mother, after she'd passed away, went through the light and I also know that when there is a reason for them to come back they will.

This year in January 2010, 12 months exactly after my mother was diagnosed with cancer, my Aunty, (my mother's only surviving sister) was also diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and given no chance of survival. She had refused all treatments offered, as in 2009 she endured, along with my mother, the emotional journey and trepidations that cancer bestows upon the unfortunate sufferer. It was also my Aunt's wish not to let me know of her own circumstances as she didn't feel as though I should have to go through the same process so soon after I'd lost my own mum, to the same disease. God love her! (Just like my mother)

In February this year via telephone we talked about my mother and various other things. But never once did she let on that she was so sick. At this point, her body weight was down to a mere 37 kg and it was very brave of her to act normal. I think in her mind she was just seeing if I was ok and just that kind of (one more time) an act of unselfish Love. Around this time I had a premonition that I was at a wake. I had no idea who died, but I saw my cousin and my sister there. I remember them walking up the stairs and I was at the top looking down in their direction.

Probably from January until somewhere in April, activity in my home was next to nothing and I felt kind of pleased that my mother and father were somewhere peaceful. One night as I got up to grab a cold drink from my fridge, about one or two in the morning, I'd walked into my kitchen and felt a presence which was quite heavy. An eerie type of feeling, one I know is often misinterpreted by some. I knew it was my mother or father or both, but there was an urgent feeling about their presence. As I stood there looking down my hallway, just like in the years gone by when visited by departed family members or others, the walls started to creak and bang each side up and down the hallway. Moving in my direction, their energy was moving toward me with intent. After all these years, I am well and truly over the fear that is associated with the spiritual or paranormal, which has been around me for so many years. I remember calmly drinking my beverage and saying in their direction, "Hello. Can you show yourself?" Standing there for a while, it was evident that seeing them on that night was not on the cards. So I decided to head back to my bed.

As I lay down on my bed I put my hand out of the bed and asked my mother to hold my hand, but to no avail. (This is a relevant point later in this story). This happened for a few nights in a row and I still couldn't work out what my mother was trying to get across. My cousin, bothered by her own conscience, phoned me up and told me the truth about her mum, (my Aunty) and how she was dying from cancer. I knew straight away that my own mother was here to collect her. But there was something else she was trying to get across... And working out the message was what I had to do.

My Aunt now fell into denial and refused to believe she was going to die. The human fighting spirit was kicking in, but unfortunately, those in close quarters (including the doctors with respect), were waving the white flag. She was also very close to her daughter and was the type who would not let go and desperately shared her affection to live. After breaking the ice and visiting my Aunt, I did my utmost best to cheer her up and at the end of that day; driving home I had thought that this is what my mother was desperately wanting to tell me.

Later on that night as I was lying in my bed, about one am, I rolled over to my side and saw my mother walking up my driveway toward the front door. At first she did not know I could see her, until I believe she picked up on my thoughts, as she came back to my window and was standing only three or four feet away. I was glad to see her, but in contrast, she was startled that I could and she pulled herself quickly away from the window and out of my view. If you remember in my other stories up until this point, I had basically only felt her presence. This was the first time I had actually been able to see her, and furthermore, she was in full physical form dressed in a white nightie. You see the thing is, when she was alive, we use to talk about the paranormal. I had always told her how I'd struggle waking up to a ghost standing in my room and jokingly told her, "Could you knock or tap first before showing yourself?" And just like my mother with tongue in cheek, she would say, "No, I'm coming back to haunt you." So I think she had that in mind and didn't want to freak me out!

I was honored and privileged that I was able to see my mother and after all the years of ducking and weaving away from Ghosts alike, I was, to the contrary, quite excited. Unfortunately, I was not able to pick up on the visual after that brief moment, but she was back to tell me something else. After eliminating other possible reasons, when I'd mention the possibility that my Aunt would not cross over because of being in denial and drawn to my cousins' love. I knew that this is what I had to do: tell my cousin to let go of her mum when she passes and prepare her for what she must do to help her mum cross! Now imagine this it was not going to be an easy task to discuss with someone who is going through the trauma of losing a loved one, especially their mother, that they should let go because if they do not they may not cross over. So I made the call and it went something like this, at the pinnacle point of discussion!

Me: I saw my mother the other night!

My cousin: Wait, I have to tell you something Darren, and I saw your mother as well.

Me: What was she wearing?

My cousin: Your mum was wearing a white nightie with a frilly lace bottom.

Me: Oh my God, that's what I saw her in.

My cousin: A lot of other things here have happened too, draws opening etc.

Me: I believe my mother is here to help your mother cross over and has given me a message to pass on. Find some peace with your mother and tell her you and your family will be ok and it's ok to let go when your mum has had enough.

One other thing I told her during that conversation, that I could feel what was going to happen and that is: my cousin would be by her mother's side when she passes and the fact that she saw my mother was validation of why I was calling.

It took a while to sink in, but I believe my cousin understood where I was coming from and in the weeks ahead she spent time with her mum, I believe with some spiritual awareness and acceptances of the circumstances bestowed upon her. Somewhere around that time, I had called my mother's best friend of some 50 years, Joan, and was talking to her about my mother visiting me. She told me she had a dream. She saw my mother in a white dress with a frilly lace bottom! The interesting correlation between the three of us and what we saw my mother wearing was what I had described, a white dress nightie, with a frilly lace bottom, my cousin's own close description a white nightie and frilly lace bottom, and my mother's best friend described it as a white dress and frilly lace bottom.

The 5th of May 2010 is a day I will never forget. I went to bed about 9:30 pm. Somewhere through the night I was in a deep hypnotic sleep. My mother walked into my room and tapped me three times gently on my shoulder, and then she leaned over and gave me a hug and said:

Mum: Darren, Where's my bed? (I now sleep in her room her bed is in my daughter's room)

Me: It's in your room. (I was in such a deep sleep I thought I was in another room)

Mum: No, you're in my room! (So much like my mother's humor)

Mum: Darren, it's my birthday! (In a calm soothing tone)

Shortly after that I had woke up and pondered at what just happened. See, her birthday is today as I am writing this story the 30th of July! So for a moment, I had wondered why she had told me it was her birthday on the 5th of May. So anyway! Later on that night, when I had got home from work, I was sitting in my room and my daughter walked in and said, "Dad, did Travis (my son) tell you what happened last night?" Now keep in mind, I told no one in my family about me holding out my hand when my mother visited and this is the relevant part I was referring to before. My son told me he was lying on his bed with his hand held over the side. When all of a sudden someone held his hand gently and our pet jack Russell was whimpering in the direction of where his hand was being held and in a submissive position. At this point I had realized two things: One, that the night before was real and my mother was determined to talk to me no matter how deep of a sleep I was in, and Two, the fact that she held my sons hand and not mine was validation of her visit as only I knew about it. My wife also had a dream, that her phone was ringing and when she answered it, my mother's voice was on the other end and said to her, in a very profound tone, "Happy Birthday", my wife broke down and cried.

I decided to call my eldest brother Glen and tell him what had transpired and just to add some more fascination to the story, he had reminded me that the 5th of May was the day my Grandma Ruby died and we named our Jack Russell Ruby in memory of my grandmother. Also, my eldest son Brandon, who is 17 years old, told me around a week before this, he was in the bathroom brushing his hair when he saw my mother's reflection in the mirror as she walked past and she was wearing a white gown. So in total six family members, one of them a life time friend, either saw, felt, or heard my mother with the three of us confirming the white dress nightie with the frilly lace bottom. My wife connected with her in a dream, my eldest son saw her in a white gown, my youngest son felt her hold his hand and our family pet Ruby was whimpering at the time she visited my youngest son. And oddly enough the only one who had no experience was my daughter who now sleeps in my mother's old bed.

On the 28th of May, 2010, my Aunty Shirley had passed away. After a tenacious fight she succumbed to the dreaded misfortunes of cancer. My cousin Rachel was by her side. A few days later at the wake, I was standing at the top of the stairs and my sister and Rachel where both walking up toward me. This was the premonition I had some months prior. I believe my mother was with her when she died and succeeded in taking my Aunt through the light and into the land of peace, God bless them both.

August 1st 2010: I went to the cemetery on my own, to see my mum and dad and embrace the spiritual ritual that August now means to me. As I leaned over to the headstone placing my flowers, I felt the most amazing breeze rise up through the trees and through the area I was positioned. The August wind was refreshing and made me feel complacent in a spiritual manner. As I walked back to my car, I sat inside and I knew there was a message on my radio and the next song that I heard would present it. As I turned the radio on, these are the first words I heard. It went something like this:

"I can feel the breeze blowing between the trees, I can remember the days gone by!"

Not like I needed any more signs, but they're always welcome!

Other hauntings by aussiedaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aussiedaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Truth thanks for your reply, I think my dad's reason's for coming through were probably a little different to my mum's...just prior to my dad's death I didn't believe in anything... Basically an atheist... Thinking about it now, I never thought I would be at this point sharing my experiences as I am and some of these experiences are from many years ago... I think he wanted me to believe and I also think he wanted me to take care of my mum, which I did... My mother's reason was probably different there was something she was trying to get through and I believe most of that I understood... Both experiences were truly amazing and yes there is a strong bond with in our family... And I look forward to being with them again one day,,, cheers mate.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Your stories and bonds with your family members are amazing! I wish that I had similar bonds. However, for a variety of reasons, I have very few; mainly (among thhe living anyway) my grandmother, wife, and son. This is despite having other living relatives as well as many that have passed in my lifetime. A lot of the blame can fall on my shoulders, but others are to blame as well. That said, there are legitimate and very personal reasons for the way that I feel.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Aussie, this is such a touching account of your life. Thank you for sharing

P
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Thanks WB, and I understand what you mean... This experience for me and the way it unfolded has absolutely been incredible and I can't help feeling that my mother had some type of allowance to touch us all the way she did... As much as I would hope for an open dialogue with her... For me it doesn't work that way... That night when we spoke was a window of opportunity that may not present itself again... And the birthday part was as you previously explained and my wifes dream of the phone call further validation of her short but self explanatory expression... She is happy. 😁 ❀" HAPPY BIRTHDAY"
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Nope, Daz. Nothing.
This story is written with so much devotion evident (not just on YOUR side, either) that it just soothes the soul. Absolutely beautiful the way some stories will move one to jump on the Internet and research like crazy, and others just seem to nudge one to jump on the couch with the family and just... BE a family.
I STILL think it to be a Spiritual Birthday. To what measure, I am not too sure, but lean towards what we discussed personally. Have you tried asking her?πŸ˜‰
Wado.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
James, Thanks mate and good sir, I am glad you posted here on my story, it gives me a chance to publicly give you the accolades you deserve... There are some good people here in this community offering some sound advise... But there are only a few in my opinion who are a asset of wisdom here at YGS and you my friend, in my opinion are one of them... Sometimes when I come here to READ... I often go through your comments... I find them inspiring and motivating... I have a feeling that not only here are you helping people with constructive sound advise with an inspiring overture... But I'm sure in your local community you do like wise... On behalf of all the folks here at YGS keep up the good work mate... Your more than welcome.

Cheers Daz 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Hey there D/A thanks for your kind thoughts Its been a while between drinks... But your input over here is always welcome... Cheers mate... ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Morticial and rob... Thanks guys for your comments they are most appreciated... Best wishes... Daz 😁
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Aussiedaz--Your stories are always terrific--like short seminars you could take around the country. Your vast experience and personal growth experiencing such a wide range of the paranormal could open a lot of minds. Your candor and honesty are commendable, and you say so much more between the lines. The story above shows especially what special gifts you have, and these comments show what esteem we have for you. You're great company to be in, even for the minutes here. Thank you. ~ James
Rob27 (7 stories) (20 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Fascinating read mate. Sorry to hear about your mum and aunty but sounds like she's around a lot. Keep looking out for the signs and I hope she visits again soon, maybe this time not to help someone pass over... Rob.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Hey Aussie, I hope you're doing better now. I'm so sorry to hear about the tragic losses your family has sustained with the passing of two wonderful individuals. I know you loved them and they love you so very much, and will continue loving you and protecting you and your family from the other side.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Truly awesome the love your family has for each other and the bonds they have be they here or on the other side.

Reading it I felt like I was there with you

Thankyou for sharing 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Frank, I now what you mean and mate believe me, many times over the years I have doubted my experiences and contemplated other explanations... Such as... Sub conscious suggestion, dreaming... Or over active imagination... But nothing can repute or support any of those reasons in this story and just to give you an example of how I put myself under scrutiny before submitting a story... The part about my mother talking to me... Wouldn't of got a mention or at least it would be written to conjecture of dream state... If it wasn't for the fact that she held my sons hand... I realize now, mum was going somewhere that night and she came through big time to validate that experience... It was real, another thing about my senses and these experiences are only recent... But I have been able to connect to the spiritual realm from a deeper hypnotic dream state than ever before... But been absolutely aware on a conscious distinction of the two... Cheers mate Daz 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Miracles, Thank you for your kind words and thank you for being there through out all of this... We spoke privately a few times during my experience and its all ways good to be able to converse with a fellow loony on short notice, your own experiences and spiritual development makes me admire and appreciate your input always... You know here's the thing... We fear the unknown and many stories here at Ygs if you read between the lines... It is that unknown factor that's frightens people the most not the spirit, I do remember the first time I saw my dad... I freaked out and basically got up and ran out the room... And that was my father... And remember also in August S.M 1...at that time I was an atheist that shut of previous experience and put my self into denial and I can tell you!... Not in my wildest dreams could have I imagined being here at this point discussing and advising on the paranormal (NO WAY!)... So 11 years on and 11 years of more paranormal activity and an acceptance of earlier childhood and young adulthood experiences... I have come to terms with the shock value of seeing a ghost or spirit on short notice... So there was no way in this world was I going to be frighten of my mothers spirit... But the funny thing is and I played this down in my story, but let's say There where an audience in my position when my mother re appeared so close to my window...well...there would have been a few screams and other body dispatching noises no doubt!... But personally after all these years... Nothing frightens me anymore and especially not my dear Mum... LOL thank you for your comment...

Daz ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Darkness, Cheers mate thank you for your kind thoughts again they are all ways welcome and I think your one of only a few here... Who only post positive or constructive advise... All the best mate...

Daz 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Seeker...Whats going on my friend? Are you taking it easy on me... You normally offer and have some very constructive conjecture in regards to my stories... Of which by the way I have enjoyed conversing with you through out my time here... Thanks mate... Maybe there's no need too, on this one LOL.

Aussie ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Jennifer...Thank you again for following these stories, I truly do appreciate your affection for them, thanks mate and best wishes to you and your family.

Daz ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Cosmogal...Thank you again my friend and your right my mother is strong in spirit... I believe that her dignity and strength in her battle with cancer was admired from the highest order... Remember she was told she would be better of in the spirit world just as I was told by my spirit guide... She would suffer with her cancer and that was before she was diagnosed... LOL thank you for your comment.

Daz ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Sister...ZZS, thanks mate, you know something when I think about it... I am blessed and its a nice feeling knowing that one day I'll see my mother and father again... They where one in a million, just terrific folk... They where so charitable and kind in nature... And my mother come through very strongly and I think she had some type of permission to do so... Thanks mate for your comment and help...
Aussie... ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Logan...thank you for your kind thoughts and I appreciate your interest in all of my stories LOL...

Daz ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
BadJJ...I am far from being a perfect man, but I have to admit... I have a perfect family... There are all kind loving spirits... Thanks for your comment.

Daz ❀
FRAWIN (24 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Aussie my friend, I just finished reading your story. If I were a critic I would have to say "TWO THUMBS UP- WAY UP".

FRAWIN 😊 😊 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Daz, seems like it took a long time to get here, didn't it? We've all been patiently waiting πŸ˜‰ and are so glad we finally are able to get to read this.

You are one of the truly blessed ones, Daz. Most of us don't get the opportunity to be visited by our loved ones when they pass, but you have been honored often. The love and bond that exists between you and your family is so strong that death only strengthens it.

I can just imagine your mom trying not to freak you out, when maybe she might have just thought about it for a second or two! And the validation from everyone. That's awesome! Not coincidence as some might be quick to say. That, my friend, is proof.

It was worth the wait, Darren. Another beautiful story.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Aussie my mate what can I say another excellant story you do have a way of presenting it that makes you feel like we are with you through every step of your journey. The spiritual connections that you and your family possess are truly awesome. Loved the story champ speak soon. Loony out!

Dan
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Oh Wow. Absolutely incredible.
What can I say, my friend? It is the story that brings a chill, but NOT the need to scream that catches MY attention. Thank you so much for sharing your family with us.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this incredible account!

Jennifer ❀
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
I am so happy I finally got to read the 3rd installment of August Soul Mates. You have the most amazing and loving family. Your mother has such a strong spirit and the bonds like BJJ mentioned are strong, beautiful, and unbreakable. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely love your stories Aussie. They are just Beautiful 😊 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Aussie: Geez, this is an incredible account ❀...Well worth the wait...It's so rare that one other person can give you confirmation, here, it was your whole family, and then some... I love the whole "August Soul Mates" series... You have been blessed (?) with an awesome gift, my Loonie friend!

Thank you so much for posting this... I really enjoyed reading it! 😊 ❀
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
I love all your stories... And the August Soulmates are the most touching ones... Thanks for shariing.

Regards,
Pallavi
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Aussie, wow. This is an amazing experience. This was so beautiful, so amazing the bonds that your family shares. There is really nothing more I can say.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: