You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Freaky Tv

Real Ghost Stories

Freaky Tv

 

I've never seen or heard anything that has to do with the paranormal world but lately things are getting a bit weird.

We moved into a new place about a year ago. Nothing strange has ever happened there but only recently things started. A few months ago my cousin moved in with us, but I don't believe that she has anything to do with it as she is a very religious person. I must also add that about two years ago my uncle passed away. Although I hear stories from my family that they have seen him, I have never seen him before. My boyfriend's father also passed a few years ago and I also haven't seen him before. But my boyfriend has.

Anyways, lately the TV would just switch on by itself and then it would also switch itself off. This would always happen at random times at night and I don't think it's a timer on the TV because every day the TV would go on or off on different times.

I was very freaked out once. My boyfriend and I were in my room. This was about one in the morning, and then suddenly the TV went on. My boyfriend went to go put the TV off but I heard him rush back. He was very pale and I asked him what was wrong. He said that just as he was about to put the TV off it shut down by itself and in the reflection of the TV he could see someone standing behind him. He said it looked like a man with a hat on. That's when he turned and ran.

It has happened to me a few times as well when I'm alone. But I'm relieved to say I can't see anyone. I think it would scare me silly.

I wake up sometimes at night not knowing why I woke up or what has woken me up. I'm actually quite scared of my room when I'm alone. I feel very afraid at night and my attention is always drawn to my cupboard although I don't see anyone there.

I must also add that we live behind a graveyard, but I don't think this has to do with anything. We have been living here for about two years now and nothing has happened until now.

Thanks everyone for reading and I'm looking forward to your comments

Other hauntings by honeysangel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honeysangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
I think Lou has a very good idea on the tv situation. I've heard of that happening before.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
honey,
I used to work with a paranormal investigative group. We had a client who claimed that an entity was turning her television on and off in the middle of the night. On a whim, I went door to door to all her neighbors... After doing a survey on the surrounding inhabitants, I called our client from one of her neighbors homes and asked her to sit in front of her tv set... Within moments she began reporting that the tv was acting up again, to which I told her she did not need to worry anymore. It turns out that her neighbor had the exact same television and remote control... And he worked odd hours, which was the reason he watched televison in the middle of the night. I cannot account for the figure your boyfriend saw... But the tv situation could be that simple.

Lou
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
I think we see the spirits and sort of in a way make contact with them when we are ready to and of course when they are ready to make contact with us. I largely agree with the posts below especially Pinkzilla's point on how if this spirit WAS here before then it could have always tried to contact you and only now it is taking the larger steps to get that attention. However you yourself don't seem ready to make contact with it. There's nothing wrong with this many people adapt to paranormal surroundings but some never do.

As for the graveyard as an explanation it's possible that a newly deceased spirit latched onto the nearest space which just happened to be yours. I'll certainly be looking out for your other stories. Please don't fear the spirits they are just as curious about us as we are of them and most are perfectly harmless.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
honeysangel (4 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Hi there all, thanks so much for the cooments. I have a few other experiences but I'm still waiting for the site to post them, but other than that things have quiten down.

I know the previous owners of the house have lived there for 32 years but I'll try and find out some more info from them and keep you guys updated.

I agree that maybe someone is trying to make contact. Thanks for the advise.
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
I agree with Pinkzilla, maybe this spirit has something to tell you and getting your attention. As long as it don't hurt someone it is good.
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
Thanks for sharing your stories. I wouldn't dismiss the idea that this haunting may be a ghost from the cemetery. The ghost may have been trying to make contact with you and your family for a while now and have resorted to more intense ways to get your attention. If the cemetery is still being used, it may be a ghost from a recent burial. It could also be your house or property. I suggest that you begin by researching the history of not only your house, but the land too. If nothing comes up, then you might want to try to set some ground rules the next time he turns off the tv. Tell him respectfully that you don't mind sharing your house but... (let him know the rules- like not playing with the tv etc). If you want the ghost gone, you can try to talk him into crossing over. I can't help you on how to do this because I don't know much about it but others here know what to do.

One thing to keep in mind: most ghosts do not know they are dead. If you see things from their point of view (there are people in the house that don't see me, can't hear me, no matter what I do everyone ignores me) you can begin to understand their actions. He's trying to get someone's attention and he knows that switching on the tv, for example, is getting some results.

Please let us know how things ate going and if there are any new developments.

:0)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: