You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Lights

 

If you've read my previous story "Freaky TV" you would understand this story a bit better. So while all the television stuff was happening there was a few other happenings as well.

Usually the TV would go on and off at night only, but now it started happening while we are busy in the house or while we are watching TV. On one occasion I was alone at home in the morning waiting for my lift to pick me up. Our kitchen is right next to the sitting room and I was busy making lunch. Nothing was unusual but when I turned to go into the sitting room, the TV was on again and when I tried to put it off it didn't want to go off so I left it. I decided to get my stuff and wait for the lady outside when I noticed my parents' bathroom light was on and I know for certain they put it off.

It has happened on a few occasions that a light would go on by itself and it's kind of freaky. I once sat in the sitting room alone while my boyfriend was outside. I heard the light click and then it went on. I was too scared to go put it off so I left it only for my boyfriend to come inside and ask me why I put the light on as I would wake my parents. I explained to him and he told me the same thing happened to him, only in my room. He came home one day and went to bed as it was early in the morning. Everything was off and he fell asleep. When he woke up my light and ceiling fan was on. He said that no one could have switched it on as he was alone.

My parents have also noticed the things happening but they are just brushing it off with laughs and jokes. Things are not so bad anymore and it's starting to quiet down but I can't help wondering who this is?

Other hauntings by honeysangel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honeysangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Recluse (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Hi Honey. I am curious as to what your own comments would be regarding your experiences. In other words, what would you have advised someone else if it was them instead of you having these experiences? What do you think it is? The cemetary is a significant fact. See if you can pinpoit the first day this started to happen and find out if there were any funurals prior to that. Also try to remember any other unusual place you visited or experience you had from a week to 3 months before the start of these events. Attachments can start slowly but become more intense as time progress. Mind if I ask which town this is? I find the "playing" with elctricity very intruiging...
Netty (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Evening
I have just submited my first experience and hopefully you will get to read my weird goings on. Were I used to live the mute button on the remote would be pressed on a regular basis it didn't scare me but it was very anoying.
My bathroom light would also flicker and come on however this only happed once.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Hi Honey, It's quite a normal reaction to fear the unknown... But I think if this ghost was trying to scare you, it would be turning the light off not on... I think your parents have the right attitude about it... Not that I suggest you to make fun of it... But just relax a little and understand that we co exist with a spiritual realm that crosses dimensions from time to time... Try not to have a negative attitude about this experience cause you wouldn't want to attract the negative energies that can cross into our world as well... Best wishes and thank you for sharing your story...

Daz 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
These experiences seem to be attention seeking just like your previous story regarding the television turning on and off. Can I ask how long these events have been going on for? Although they are not malevolent in nature if they are scaring you I would definitely be looking in doing some sort of cleansing or rituals whatever it is that suits your custom.
If you are fine with it being there perhaps say out aloud in your home a few ground rules ie: you do acknowlede it, and that is not aloud to mess around with electrical appliances and to not scare you and your family perhaps. Look into your home and land history also this could shed some light as to why this is happening. Just some thoughts to consider, all the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: