You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: From Wedding To Funeral In 24hrs

Real Ghost Stories

From Wedding To Funeral In 24hrs

 

19 October 1995, my family and I were travelling from Cape Town to Johannesburg South Africa. We were on our way to my cousin's wedding and I was supposed to be a flower girl in it.

At 02.00am, just outside Bloemfontein, a car in the other lane pulled out from behind a truck and head on collided into our car, driver and passenger were both drunk bottles between their legs. The driver died.

The car collided into the driver's front side of car. My dad, Alan, he was killed instantly on impact.

I was second worst injured; both my legs were crushed, my growth plate in my left leg was so badly damaged it had to be removed. My left arm was broken in multiple places my chin got cut by my seatbelt and I bit into my tongue too. My mom just had whip lash and cuts, bruises, and black eyes, my brother just got a bump on the head and bit his lip.

Afterwards we spent a year by my aunty and uncle in Bloemfontein. I had to be in plaster cast from my groin to my toes for 8 weeks.

One night while in bed, I woke up to my dad, Alan, lightly shaking me.

I sat up and hugged him tight, I asked him when was he coming back home? He kissed me on my forehead and said no matter what happens in life he will always be by my side and in my heart.

I asked him what he meant by that and he answered by saying one day when I was old enough I'd understand everything.

There was a walk in closet in the room and he got up and walked inside, put his black suit on, turned to look at me, told me "to be strong and look after my brother and mom for him." All of a sudden he disappeared.

I was 6yrs old at the time my brother was 2yrs old and my mom was 34yrs when she became a widow.

We stayed in Johannesburg for a year and eventually in 1997 we moved back to Cape Town.

I hope you all enjoyed my story...

Other hauntings by tiktokangelscpt

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tiktokangelscpt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tiktokangelscpt (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 days ago (2024-05-13)
Thank you so much. In 1995 I was 6 years old I can close my eyes and relive the accident and to the point where I can feel it still too. I was told that my dad had died and quite honestly I remember hating God for taking my dad away from us. I was angry for many years with him.
Rajine (14 stories) (794 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-05-08)
Losing someone is something you never get over, I'm sorry for your loss, your dad is guiding you and your family.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (819 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-05-08)
Welcome to YGS. Speaking just for myself, reading stories about people's lives being tragically cut short is not something I enjoy specifically... Especially not when it happens on the way to what should be a joyous occasion. Your experience does raise one question I have: at what age do we understand what death actually is?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: