You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was It?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was It?

 

My aunt, Tia Ramona, came to visit. She is from mexico. She was sleeping downstairs in the basement while I was sleeping in my room. My room is right next to the kitchen, close the the basement door. For some reason I woke up around 8:35 in the morning. But when I woke up, I had this really weird feeling. I don't know why. I had knots in my stomach. So I was awake for like 15 minutes when all of a sudden, I heard her running up the stairs from the basement. Since I heard someone running up the stairs from the basement, I was thinking that it was my Tia Ramona. But why was she running? Did something happen down there?

I heard her desperately trying to open the door. She seemed nervous. She finally did open the door. So she started running really fast. And me thinking it was my aunt, I said,"Tia?" but no response. I saw someone running passing my room. It was a shadow. It was like the figure of a man. Wide shoulders, tall. He ran so fast. But I didn't see his face. He passed my parents room making a big noise. And he slammed the door from the living room going upstairs.

I couldn't go to sleep. I was confused. I didn't know why my tia was running like that. Then around 10 in the morning my mom finally woke up to make breakfast. I went to the kitchen. I told her why Tia Ramona was running. She said that she didn't hear anything even though that thing made a lot of noise when it was running. So then I was like ok... I was getting really spooked and I had goose bumps.

I even told my dad if he heard any noise but he said no. Then my tia ramona opens the door from the basement.

Me: "Tia I thought you were upstairs. You were running and you were rushing to open the door. What's wrong?"

Tia Ramona: "What are you talking about? I was dead asleep. I didn't wake up until now. You know I can't run with my knees..."

Can anyone tell me what was that thing?

Other hauntings by Alejandra

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alejandra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnnaPossumPoe (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
beats me. A ghost, no doubt, or maybe a vision you had: A message from a desceased or non-mortal being telling you something.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
I am a little slow to commentt on this story. I am wondering if you had your place investigated or not? I am also wondering if you are having continueed encounters?...

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
Excuse me Alejandra,

Merci, Thanks dear Martin for letting me know that piece of information. Yet, I bet Miss Kitty81 might also have some personal and good ghost hunting tips for readers too, even though she may not be in some of the authors and readers locales to help them out physically. 😊 Thank you much, Abby
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
Abby, I think Miss Kitty81 was offering her services in the other story because she lived in Mississippi too, where the haunting happened.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
Dear Alejandra,

You might want to get a ghostbuster or take Miss Kitty81 up on her posted helpful offer.

You also might want to take responsibility and empower yourself and do your own homework and research, starting by telling your family and working with them to find an answer. If you didn't have any other such experiences prior to your aunt's visit, it may have something to do with your aunt. If it continued and then stopped after your aunt left, by process of elimination, it most likely was connected to your aunt. If you are still having problems, you will just have to do the work to find the solution and consult with those you trust and are comfortable with within your own belief system. Best of luck on your ghost hunting, Abby
Jessika_67667 (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
Creepy story. It sounds like your house might have ghosts that are re-enacting their pasts violent experiences. These ghosts typically won't have knowledge your trying to talk to them.
Good Luck!
-Jess
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Probally a man who did something wrong and was trying to get away from it. Or he could've been someone who was wanted by bad dudes.YIKES!Not again with my crazy, spooky explainatoins! Lol anyways do your research!
Best of luck,
Mikomi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: