You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ostrander Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Ostrander Haunting

 

My parents, twin sister and I moved to a little village called Ostrander when I was 10 years old. They had bought a vacant lot and moved a house that was going to be demolished (to build a new home) from a different location to the lot they had bought.

It was a lengthy process, moving the house on a truck, putting foundation in, building decks, having to plant grass seeds due to the vacant lot being part of a farmer's field, etc. After the summer, they had it all ready for us to move in and I was so excited!

My twin sister and I finally had our own rooms that took up the whole upstairs level (use to be attic). But something never felt right right from the beginning. I had never been afraid of the dark, since I was 10 years old. I had never watched a horror movie, just knew about your common ghost, werewolf, witch etc from Halloween. However, I couldn't stand being in my room alone at all! I ended up sleeping with my mother every night until I was about 13 years old when I decided I wanted to go back up to my own room since I'm now trying to be an "adult".

My first experience with a ghost in the house was when I was in our unfinished basement. There was no light down there and I had to go get something for my mother. So I took the flashlight and went down to find it (I believe it was the cat cage to take the cat to the vet) and when I was at the furthest corner of the room I felt something touch my shoulder, almost like a hand sliding down it. I froze for a few seconds then slowly looked behind me, I didn't see anything but boy did I run fast back upstairs!

The next time I went down I brought a little skeleton light with me (it was near Halloween) and I went to plug it in for some light and the plug part of it shorted out and ended up electrocuting me. Thank God my sister was home. The lights all went out in the house so she ran downstairs to get me and there she saw my arm glowing and me not moving away from the outlet. She pushed me and I let go of the plug but what I remember of it is blurry. She said my face didn't look like mine... But who knows, we were only kids.

I still felt uneasy in the house but didn't really see anything to make me think of a ghost, just sounds that you'd say were "the cats" or "it's an old creaky house". Until I was 15 years old.

My sister and I had just gotten our first cell phones for Christmas and we had a friend over, we will call him Kyle, and he had just gotten a phone too. So we were all sitting in my sister's bedroom filming each other to test them out. Sounds pretty normal right? Well 2 years later (I was now 17 years old) I was going through some of my old videos, just because I was bored and just reminiscing on old memories, when I came across my video from the day I first got my cell phone. You can see Kyle, since I was video taping him, and then all of a sudden a small, long, thin, gray hand come up over his shoulder to the front of him and then back up. I was shocked! I ran to my sisters room and made her watch it. There was only the 3 of us in the room and you can see her sitting on her bed. I can't explain it! But at that moment was when I was 100% positive that something is in that house.

From about 17 years old to 20 years old my boyfriend had moved in with me at my parents (we were young, I was going to college, him working full time) and I never said a word to him about what I've experienced. One day he came to me and asked if I was tugging on his foot the night prior. I said, "No, why would I do that?" and he just shrugged it off and said okay.

The next night he had worked late so I was up in my room alone and my sister was sleeping in her room. I was restless, tossing and turning, then finally decided I'd read a little to see if that would help make me tired. That's when I heard tapping on the wall in my sister's room, then it sounded like someone making little scratches one the wall. So I poked my head in there and asked her if she was awake, no reply. So I went back to my room and started reading again.

I now heard a bit of a thump from her closet door (our rooms are adjoining and have an adjoining closet, were just separated by a door) so I looked into her room again. She had a digital alarm clock in her room sitting on top of her dresser. I was looking at it to see the time and then the clock dimmed and came back on like something had walked past it. I freaked out, I yelled to her to wake up there was something in her room. Of course she popped up and ran into my room asking what I meant. I told her what I had heard and seen and she ended up going downstairs to the couch to sleep, leaving me alone upstairs (stupid me didn't think that one through). I stayed up with all lights on upstairs until my boyfriend got home.

I didn't hear anything more that night but in the morning he asked if we had a short, long and medium wave radio. I wasn't sure what that was so I said no, and he said that it was odd, last night he had heard one very loudly near his ear. My sister then came upstairs (she overheard him) and said last night she had heard someone whistle very loudly into her ear. I can't explain why they would of heard these things.

The biggest thing that ever happened was again I was videotaping on my cell phone (now I was 21 years old). I had moved out to move closer to my college so I was home for the weekend. I was videotaping my dad late at night because it was just us 2 up and his friend and they had been drinking. My dad was singing and acting silly so I thought I'd capture this silly side of him.

I had made about 11 videos that night and never thought much of them. So again, 2 years later (23 years old) I was reviewing videos for memories, laughing at them, and I got to the 7th video from that night dad was being silly and about 1 minute in all of the sound goes out of the video and all you can hear is "hello there" and then the sound comes back on and you can hear whispers in the background for about 30 seconds after. Some I can make out like "criminals" and "This is..." I've listened to it numerous times so it starts to blend together too much. My boyfriend is literally a computer genius so I've had him take all sounds out but that sound and it's still hard.

I am now 25 years old and visit home once in awhile. I'll stay the night but haven't had any new experiences since. I find the harder I try to find something, nothing happens but the times I'm not thinking about it I find it without knowing.

So I have a question for everyone, this may sound bad but is there any way to make money off these videos? The hand video and the voice are both 100% real and my boyfriend has done numerous things to try to figure out different explanations for the videos but has come up empty handed. I haven't put them up on the internet (I feel they are not going to stay private if I do). Let me know your thoughts on this!

Also, I have shown my parents the videos I've recorded. My dad told me that when he was first moving the house he had to go under the house into a crawl space to cut any wires that could still be connected to the house. He said when he was under there he felt something watching him (and he is not a huge believer in ghosts) and felt very uneasy about it. He's also had his own experiences, one being that he was opening the fridge to get something and he felt something nudge his leg. Thinking it was the cat, he went to pet him and there was nothing there.

My mom refuses to acknowledge anything because she does believe in it and believes the more attention we purposely give it the stronger it may become and left it at that. I myself didn't believe in this stuff until that first video, after that I don't know what to think. Thank you for reading my story!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NesserV, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
NesserV do you actually have any of the videos on the device you are using right Now?
NesserV (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Yes I most definitely will make some copies that's a very good idea! My sister had the hand video but her computer crashed and she thought it was gone forever, but luckily just recently she remembered she had emailed it to a family member years ago and went back to see if the email was still around, it was! So now I have it on my computer as well. My boyfriend is in IT so I know he has it backed up and what not but I will get it put onto a CD too:) Right now the only way I'll let someone see the videos are in person but I'll continue to debate on whether to put it up on the internet or not, if I do I'll be sure to let you know!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
NesserV, great story, I beilieve you 100%, I'd love to see the videos, but you don't have to because I understand that it may invade your privacy and I don't wish to do that.
Now, uh make money on the videos? (I kind of agree with the others comments on this but...) well you could just literally sell the videos to someone, like the footage and the video rights, but I don't know who would buy them.
The only other way I know of is a way anybody could, you would need to put them on the Internet, like YouTube and then they would have to become like viral, a big hit, I'm sure the chance is low. But if they got enough views you could allow YouTube to place adds on the videos and they would pay you, minutes only if there was a large enough audience. That's really all you can do, I think you should put them onto a computer and then upload the video on to a disc so you have them forever, and make a copy, because you never know what's going to be worth money in 30 or 40. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
NesserV - would you consider uploading for us to see? 😁 I for one, would really like to see the hand.
NesserV (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
Haha well let's all remember we were really young during the electrocution so she may have exaggerated it! But I will look into making a youtube account, I don't care about it going public if sold but you are right I could definitely see a lot of people yelling fake I showed my 13 year old male cousin and he thought I edited it (I am lame at computers so have no skill to do that lol). Either way that doesn't totally shock me to hear lol Maybe the videos would be something better to keep to me then:) I like to shock friends with it and I will be getting the house one day so maybe I'll have my own little collection of mysterious momentos! Maybe print some still shots of that disturbing hand on my friend and hide it in the walls before selling lol Thanks for the replies!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
I'm not sure what your sister saw, but no amount of current would cause your arm to glow. Smoke, spasm, yes, but glow? Ummm...nope.
As for making money off your videos, I doubt you could. As notjust points out there's already plenty out there. Also, if privacy is a concern I can promise you that if you do sell them, they will not stay private.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
LOL LAdy-Glow...but I really doubt you can make money off the videos since there's all sorts of things on youtube now days that are more extreme than your experiences... Unless you get over a million hits or something like that. Maybe research that. Even if you put it up, many people will argue that it's fake, because God knows we live in a time where internet is where all the warriors are at.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Forget about getting money off those videos, having one of your arm glowing while getting electrocuted would be a hit! -Please do not try it again. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: