You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: It's Absurd

Real Ghost Stories

It's Absurd

 

As the title suggests, the story is weird and hard to digest. I am pretty new to this site and have a very limited knowledge about paranormal things so I can't provide you with much explanation if some doubts arise in your mind while reading the story. However, I will try my best to explain everything in detail.

I would like to give a little bit of info about myself and my house so that it helps you imagine the scene and understand the story easily. Well, I have a hyper active imagination powers and can imagine anything, yep anything I want (One time I had even kissed the butt of Pig in my imagination, sounds really stupid and funny, isn't it?) I am a complete atheist and I believe in Ghosts only due to my imagination power and my fascination about paranormal things.

Ok, here's the layout of my house, it is square and has a T shaped passage which separates my house into 3 parts. When you enter the house from the bottom of T shaped passage, the kitchen is on left hand side while the living room on right side. At the intersection, my parents room is on left side and my room is on right side. The passage on right side is extended a little as compared to that of left side. My room is just right after taking a right at T intersection and if we continue forward through passage, we get into guestroom, which is rarely used by guests (Because we prefer staying and living one room so that we can chat until late night) and mostly used for drying clothes in case there is rain outside.

Sorry that was bit too long and boring, so let's start. Me and my parents came home that day at 9:00pm from a city. We had our dinner and I went to bed at 10:00pm. It was just a few days before that I had found YGS and was reading the stories that night. I started to read the stories while I was lying on my bed at about 10:30pm. It was a usual night and normally, I would sleep at 1:00am. I was quite busy and interested in stories that I decided to read them ever after 1:00am (Seriously the stories are quite addicting so I was reading for almost 3 hours...) And it all started at 1:45am.

It was a quite silent night and the place where I live is very quiet especially at night as there are a lot of farms behind us. I heard that something is banging behind my windows. We don't have a backyard and the window of my room opens to small fence which continues into my uncles yard. My uncles yard is very big with lot of coconut trees and a small cottage type room made of iron sheets which is used as storage room. I first thought that a monkey have entered the yard and might have jumped on the iron sheet roof and made the noise. But it wasn't the sound of iron but it was like someone is banging a bamboo on tree. It sounded like this THUD THUD THUD... It continued for about 10mins. I opened my window a little bit to look out what the hell was making that noise (I still ask myself that from where the hell did I get the courage to peep through my window). It was New Moon day and it was very dark outside but I could hear the leaves of trees shaking like someone were trying to destroy the tree. I couldn't see anything for about 15-20 sec but it appeared. The dark red eyes glowing like a laser in the pitch black darkness. It wasn't looking at me but I knew he had sensed me.

And as I took a deep breath, it looked at me in a fraction of second. He wasn't moving but he is dark red glowing eyes were like burning my eyes with a laser. I closed that window as fast as I could and cursed myself for opening that damned window. I put on the light and stayed awake for 10-15 minutes until I started to read the stories (Yeah I know you might wonder that I am stupid to read the stories again after what happened but yes that was the only thing I could do as sleeping was like climbing a Mount Everest).

I started to feel comfortable by 2:30am as everything was normal and the banging had also stopped. The last story read by me was '3:06am by londonqueenx'. I slept after reading that story. And I don't know what the hell happened and I woke up exactly 3:06am as in the story I read before (I don't want to copy others story but I am telling it really happened as the story). When I woke up, I saw that I am sweating profusely; it was strange because the fan was on and I hadn't taken any blanket. I didn't wake up but was just lying on my back wondering about my sweat. And the worst thing happened; I heard 3 knocks not on my room door but on my bathroom door. My bathroom window is never closed and I think the red eyed demon/ghost/entity had entered my house. I quickly woke up and again put on my light. As soon as I turned on the light, the banging increased with more power and noise. I was now damned scared because I had thought putting on the light will make that thing go away but it just happened opposite.

I grabbed my Axe Deodorant spray and my belt and stood in front of my bathroom door. Still I don't know why the hell had I taken my deodorant and belt and I still wonder was I really going to fight that thing with a DEODORANT SPRAY? (I agree that sometimes I get really stupid that even I feel ashamed of myself). I sprayed that Deo on the door and the banging just stopped. I still couldn't sleep and stayed awake until my mom woke up at 6:00am.

I told her what happened that night and she was shocked. She told me that she woken up at 3:15am for toilet and hadn't seen any light on my room and nor even heard of any banging. At first I relaxed by thinking that I had a terrible nightmare dream and slept again until 8:00am. But now it twists the story again, I smelled that Axe Deo on my bathroom door which made me jump and scream. My mom came running there and smelled it too. We decided to leave that topic and just forget what had happened. But I just can't be quiet, I want to know what had really happened. If anyone has experienced like this, please tell me what it might be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeathByDonut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vesuvius01 (4 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Thanks for updating dbd, looking forward to reading part 2
Best wishes
Vesuvius 😁
DeathByDonut (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Guys, I have confirmed that I wasn't sleep walking and it was the entity which I had heard (Tapping noise on bathroom door). But unfortunately, I didn't get anything about that red eyed demon which I saw.

Going to write part 2 as soon as possible.

Yours respectfully,
DBD
DeathByDonut (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
freakedoutfreedy:
No, man. I guess my investigation is going to reveal something but its going to take time atleat I more night to confirm its presence. It all just repeated yesterday and this time my cousin was with me 😉

Yours respectfully,
DBD
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
I've seen something similar I think. It's in a story I have written about fire eyes... Glowing red, almost like they were made of fire. I think when this was going on you were half asleep and trying to make sense of it all.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
You're dreaming, Dude.
One morning I saw Mario and princess Peach in my room after playing Nintendo the whole night!
DeathByDonut (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Vesuvius01:
Thanks for sharing that advice. Wishing you a fun time here 😁
DeathByDonut (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
valkricry:
Thanks for the comment. The point you said about sound travelling is true but its not that case here because I actually saw the 2 red eyes in my uncles yard which is at back of my window as well as my house
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Donut,
I read your account the other day, but wanted to mull it over before commenting.
First off, kudos on planning to do research and trying to investigate. It's always important we try to rule out the mundane before leaping to the paranormal as the cause.
I'd like to point out that sound travels, depending on atmospheric conditions it can do so for miles. So the bamboo on wood sound could have been just that. Also sound is amplified at night. Think about the ticking of a clock. During the day we barely, if at all notice it. But at night, when the household grows quiet, and everyone sleeps you hear it quite plainly.
Just a fun FYI - deodorant or any other aerosol spray to an assailant's eyes is a viable deterrent.
Awaiting part 2.
DeathByDonut (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
I don't think that I was sleep walking and I was surely awake at that time (I might be though, nobody knows for sure) because I had texted my girlfriend at 3:15am.

I have many unanswered question myself too so I have deicded to carry out some investigation about my house history and also today I and my cousin will stay awake and check out if it happens today too.

I will post the part 2 which will contain all the history of my house and report of my investigation after 3 days (I want to investigate it perfectly so please give me 3 days)

Sheetal:
Yeah, It might be my minds playing a trick on me due to stress and reading a lot of stories

Yours respectfully,
DBD
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Donut,

I want to direct your attention to the dream you had about one of the stories on here directly after reading it. Plus the detail about you sweating. Uncomfortable body temperature can lead to bad dreams, probably sleep walking as well.

The biggest cause of sleep walking is stress. Consider this as a possibility if you've been stressed about school/uni/work, or family troubles, or boyfriend/girlfriend troubles etc.

There's also the detail about your Mother not seeing the light on when you were approaching the sound from the bathroom.

All these things seem to point to sleep walking. Think about the experience, looking out the window, approaching the bathroom with deodorant, was there anything unusual about this? Anything unusual about the room?
In talking to people who have sleep walked everyone always says there was something off about the way things happened. It was daylight, when it was actually night time for example. You turned the light on, but your Mother didn't notice it on at around the same time.

A lot of people have told me I was sleep walking when I first saw a dancer who frequented the house, I wrote about her in one of my stories. Years later I convinced myself that I had seen her while sleep walking. When I went through a non-believer phase. However there were too many details which matched with that experience. I woke my Mum up for one, I stood for a good while and waited for the moment to pass, there was nothing that 'odd' about my surroundings, other than who I saw. Also I had never sleep walked before or since and wasn't experiencing much stress at the time.

As there seems to be no build up to what happened to you the other night, other than spooking yourself with ghost stories on YGS (so many others do this, you not alone!), I would slap a 'dream' sticker on your experience for now at least. You could talk to some of your neighbours and ask if they heard anything that night, or any night. If something paranormal is going on, someone is bound to have experienced something.
Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it. 😉
vesuvius01 (4 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Hi dbd, I am also fairly new to this site I have also been reading into the early hrs, and I have had some pretty messed up dreams our minds can play strange tricks, not too say what you experienced was a dream just a little food for thought basically, please keep us updated if you experience anything more
Best wishes
Vesuvius
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Hello, DeathbyDonut... Reading too much ghost on such an odd hours can lead this sighting and experience... I personally experienced this when I was new to YGS... So my suggestion is pause reading ghost stories for few days (specially at night) and I am agree with other posters that It could be sleep walking.
DeathByDonut (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Tweed:
We rarely change our daily routine and its the first time I was still awake after 1:00am. I too think that the entity was angry for disturbing him/her.

Lady-glow:
Thanks for the comment.

I had forgot to mention a few important things in story so I would post them ASAP

Yours respectfully,
DBD
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Hi DeathByDonut,

A few things spring to mind with this.

The first was that you had experienced sleep walking, and you did really use the deodorant while sleep walking.

The second is down to your regular sleeping patterns. Maybe this entity is used to doing whatever it is it does while you and your family are asleep. On this night, you were up and disrupted its routine. So it got annoyed and tried to scare you.

I did wonder if someone was outside trying to take coconuts in the middle of the night, and they wore night vision to do this. But I have no idea if night vision even comes in red or shows any colour at all from the exterior. So that theory seems pretty weak. It also doesn't explain the bathroom door.

If it's paranormal I'd say it's linked to this entity's routine. Or you got yourself so worked up you experienced sleep walking. Either way, pretty terrifying. Definitely stay sensitive, (but not anxious), take notes of anything that seems odd. But I doubt this is going to turn into something bad.

When I was very young I used to get up in the middle of the night because I liked the way the house looked in the dark. Yeup, saw a few strange things doing this. One of which was at my Grandma's place, saw a weird glowing person in her front yard who looked totally shocked to see me at the window! So I think weird things happen when ghosties know the living peoples routines.
There are COUNTLESS stories on here about people getting up in the middle of the night to find themselves face to face with a ghost.

So I guess the question here is how much do you and your family stick to routine?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Never underestimate the power of sugestion and sleep deprivation.
It is possible that you walked in your sleep and sprayed the bathroom door with deodorant.

Ha ha, thanks for sharing.

New comments for this story have been disabled

Search this site: