You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The 'ghostly' Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

The 'ghostly' Encounter

 

My Father's ancestral house is located in a very sophisticated locality in New Jalpaiguri, Jalpaiguri district, West Bengal, India. It was built by my great grand father in 1936 i.e., before India's independence. My great grand father was a lawyer and was employed by the British but was secretly involved in the independence movement. So many meetings of the freedom fighters used be held secretly at our place. And the real story begins now...

It was in the year 2006, when I was 9 years old, my cousin brother was suffering from typhoid - a type of fatal viral fever and was admitted to he hospital and both my parents, kaku and kaki (uncle and aunt) were with him.

I clearly remember it was 16th of July and it was raining heavily outside. I was then sleeping beside my thamma (grandma). Some voices disturbed me, I could hear some one talking distinctly and now I could hear more than one person. I was shaken and got out of my bed, suspecting robbery. My grand mom woke up too.

We both were frightened out of wits but gathered courage and went into the other room from where the noise was coming and peeped through the door. And to our utmost horror, we could see and feel the presence of lady in their late twenties dressed in Indian attire as it used to be in the 1930's / 1940's and as soon as 'it' saw us 'it' vanished. I passed out and my grandma suffered a paralytic attack.

When I came to my senses, I was in medical car, and my grand mom in intensive care unit. She expired few years back but was in explicable to such things, until this date chills run down my spine. But never again anything of that sort happened.

After that very incident, many years passes thereafter...however, the presence still seem to be as mysterious to me as it looked that day... I did suspect if 'it' may be compared to as a mere 'she' however it seems as if the more try to think about it, it goes worse. It just doesn't seem to come out of my head. Any suggestions please.

Other hauntings by ygs_sayan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ygs_sayan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ygs_sayan (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
[at] sds... As I said before, my grandmother was inexplicable to such things. Yes she was very religious and also totally believed in spirits and supernatural activities as well... However she never did tell me anything particular about any lady or anything relating to that encounter at night... She never meant to play with possessions and supernatural powers & that's what she taught me too...& truly saying, never did I ever speak to anyone regarding the incident specifically... It was just my elder sis with whom I may have talked once or twice 'bout this while she is just indifferent to these things...
ygs_sayan (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
[at] sds... For your kind information yes I'm 18 now...& for yes of course as far as my concern one being 18 is supposed to be an young adult or 'just' an adult...& that's what is clearly mentioned in my profile... Anyway thanks to you for commenting...😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
I have some questions. You said that it happened in 2006 when you were 9 years old and you remembered the date also. Then now you would be 18 years, then how it is mentioned that you are a young adult. Some confusion in the year. Please do clarify.

As far as the encounter is concerned, it is quite difficult to say because it was the only sighting you have come across. Did you happen to ask your grandma if that lady resembled someone, who died and from your family like your great grandmother or someone, whom she knew. If you had passed out and your grandma suffered a stroke, definitely you must have shared the experience with others. What was their reaction and did anybody in the family had such encounter or experience or sighting? If so, please do share.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Somebody fainting after seeing a ghost is understandable. However, somebody suffering from a paralytic attack is unheard of. Also, typhoid is a fully-treatable disease in India and no longer claims fatalities, unless it's not treated well.
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Are you guys really sure about your claims that this story is someone else's?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
ygs_sayan - why would you want to re-edit a story you've already submitted?
ygs_sayan (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
no...it's just that all I wanted is to reedit the story & since I'm new to YGS, didn't actually know about the exact ways... Anyway sorry for the inconvenience... 😁 😁
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
This experience was already posted in this site under a different name... Are you re-posting by mistake?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: