You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Of El Tropicano

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of El Tropicano

 

This past summer, my family and I (husband and 2 kids 8 year old at the time and a 6 month old) traveled to San Antonio for a weekend little vacation. I picked the el Tropicano on the Riverwalk because it looked nice online, and I got a really good deal booking at one of those online sites. When I booked it, I didn't really think of anything other than that I got a really good deal.

A few days before I,of course, did some looking up online to see if we were staying at a haunted place because I have always loved ghost stories, the paranormal, etc... It is just an interest of mine although I haven't had many experiences except for the doctor office I currently work for they say is haunted and some things have happened here but that is for another time...

I found online a story about this man in a black hat that roams the halls of the 3rd floor. This was on some blog so who knows if its even accurate? Lol

We check into this hotel, when we get there it looks a lot older than the pictures online. We get our room keys; luckily the in laws decided to come as well. Of course they have no problems.

I think I felt things because I am very open minded. When we got to our small room, it didn't smell weird but it felt off to me. I felt like I was intruding on someone else's space.

In the shower, there were several tiny little lights above the sink on the ceiling and also scattered around the bathroom. I should have taken a picture. Whenever I went into the bathroom, one light would flicker off. I could feel someone in there with me, but I could not see them. This did not happen to my husband or son when they showered or anything. My eyes would be closed, rinsing soap out of my hair and the one light would flicker off, then back on several minutes later. It made me so nervous, the 3rd or fourth time that I made my husband stand in there while I showered. It never ever went off when he was in the room. He just kept saying "oh it's just faulty wiring it probably won't happen again." This happened to me like 10 times when we were there.

We stayed 2 nights. On the first night sleeping I felt like I was being watched the whole night. It was horrible. Everyone slept like a log except me. The second night, I slept better but the next day when I woke up my stomach out of the blue started acting up. I have some stomach probs but I mean this was like nothing before it was severe. My husband then got a weird cramping like in the creases by the groin area. At that point I was like "you know what, we aren't wanted here, we are invading someone's space, we need to leave NOW." We got all of our stuff and left in a hurry. Plus we were trying to get to the waterpark early.

Anyways, when I went to the checkout counter to give my room cards, I asked them what's up with the 3rd floor... Is it haunted? They said that they have never had any experiences themselves, but that they have heard the 3rd floor is haunted. That's all she could tell me... It was really odd and we will never go back... And I understand now that when you get a "good deal" online they are really giving you the rooms no one else wants, rookie mistake I guess. I know that San Antonio near the Riverwalk especially is known for its history and hauntings especially because of the Alamo.

Has anyone been to this hotel and had a similar experience? I would love to hear about it! Thanks in advance.

Other hauntings by funnybee450

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, funnybee450, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-16)
LJ The Cuddlewife and I have spent a few nights in "haunted" Bed & Breakfasts up and down the East Coast (of the USA). So far - meh. I think many institutions may be stretching claims in the hopes of generating business. Hucksterism runs amok.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-16)
Interesting read. Never thought to check if ghosts were at hotels I might go to.
funnybee450 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
Thank you MysticFrance and Cuddlebear for reading this! It was super scary at the time. The first night I was nervous but usually I enjoy staying at different places. BUT I will say, this was our first trip with a baby too so maybe my nerves were up a little bit. It just felt like I was sensing almost another person was with us. The hallway also gave me some weird vibes and the lights were so dim. I def am never going back lol
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
FunnyBee ~

You've posted two interesting articles, thank you. My parents loved to got to San Antonio when the lived in Texas, I hope to visit one day. As to the happening in the Dr.'s office I have no suggestion. As to the hotel stay I used to travel extensively for my work and would stay in many hotels for months at a time. I was normally uneasy in my surroundings for the first couple of night (even up to a half week). Just a suggestion - perhaps you were just not adjusted to new surroundings.

I always attempt to find a natural solution when one is available.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
MysticFrance ~
The question as to what the story of the Alamo is is difficult to answer briefly. Without getting into the right or the wrong of the sides, the Alamo was a Last Stand Battle in the War of Texas Independence. American folk heroes Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie died there. The politics of the war are a lot more complex and I believe this conflict is still the source or a lot of bad feelings between the US and Mexico. That last is just my opinion.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
Hi Funnybee,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. If I were on your shoes, I would've left instantly. 😜 Just curious, what's the story of Alamo? I'm not from your country.

Regards.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: