You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Draft Or A Ghost - Who Opened The Door?

Real Ghost Stories

Draft Or A Ghost - Who Opened The Door?

 

I went to Starbucks this evening to hang out and write for a bit. When I left, everything in the house was fine and dandy; I had a good time out.

When I got back to my house, I was completely unsuspecting of anything going strange. I walked up the front door whistling, took out my keys, and unlocked the screen door. We have a deadbolt as well as a doorknob lock on our front door, so I unlocked the deadbolt first. I stuck my key into the doorknob lock and turned, and just as I unlocked it, the door whipped open, fast. The keys were still stuck in the knob as it whipped open and hit the wall inside of the house. I just froze, wondering if somehow some kind of wind draft could have done that. It was such a sharp jerk I thought for sure that my mom (who was sleeping at the time this happened) had pulled it open quickly for me from inside. All I know is that somebody opened the door, no matter how many don't believe me.

I have had experiences in the same house on the date of my grandmother's death (I reside in her old bedroom) such as things moving and thuds on the wall after I make comments aloud like, "Wow, creepy, I've got to be imagining things." Things have moved around me before, and in fact, the same set of keys I mentioned earlier have fallen on the floor before.

Even though I get horrified at these things when they happen, I'm mostly just getting shocked that they are actually happening to me. I don't actually get a bad vibe or anything; I don't know if it's my grandmother trying to help me out, or if it is something else.

I just thought I would post and see if it was normal for things like this to happen at random times, and if there is any reason a ghost would help out with opening doors for you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hirally, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Well, I'm one of those who believe that drafts cannot be "blamed" for all the noises, touches, whispers and unlocking of doors and that no matter if certain things COULD be explained away scientifically, it still remains just an interpretation very subjective and at time very inadequate!

To me Hirally, it sounds like someone's desperate to make their presence known but most importantly, make themselves heard.

Look for signs that carry messages.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
How did you figure out exactly who it is, I mean did you see or hear her?

-EdgeOfFear
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Initially I thought the door may have been the wind. Further reading into the story I'm not so sure. You state there were previous paranormal incidents. I cannot tell you whether it was a ghost or not, all I have is some ideas to further this case of happenings. I can tell you how I may be able to help you.
First you need to get a video camera and simply tape the rooms where these incidents occur most common. That's about it but I have to tell you that:
Ouija boards are bad news do not use them. And never try a séance without an experienced medium. This sounds like a non threatening entity but you should log all experiences. There may also be significance in your dreams; I suggest recording those events too.
With further information me or other users could help you further.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Sometimes the little things can be really really scary things for those who are not used to ghost experiences, like I am. Being only fourteen and having numerous stories and things that happen to me everyday, no one ever believes me, since so many things happen everyday. I, for one, do believe you.

Was it really really windy that day? Otherwise, I believe that it may have been a friendly spirit just helping you out. 😁 Also, all the stuff that happen in your room could be your grandmother just playing jokes on you, or she could be bored, or even just trying to get attention.

Maybe she needs you to help her move on. I say that maybe you could hire a priest and get the house blessed if it really scares you, otherwise just ignore it and the ghost may not bother you so much. Also, do not get scared, because I have gotten light headed when the ghosts drain my energy out at school, home, friends house, ect. It is bad to be scared, because if it is just a spririt, then it just wants some attention and when you think about it, there is nothing to be scared of. They used to be humans and living just like us. They may not even know that they had passed away.

Anyways, I am babbling 😆, but great story. 😊
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Sometimes little random things happen to me that could be scary but are more startling, even if they don't have an explanation, like a light turning on, or a soda falling off the counter, or the cat freaking out over nothing. Sometimes I think it's my grandpa trying to say hi, but I'm also a bit fanciful... I agree with the others, elaborate a bit more on the happenings that occur that you attribute to your grandmothers death.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
yes we can't give the opinion with this short descripption, for my side I say it as draft...
Scaryboy
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
yes I agreed with Logan. Hirally you should provides more information about your experiences, I can't give my opinion with these limited information.

Yours sincerely,
Anne_k92.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hi Hillary,

Thanks for sharing. With what information you have given, I think it will be hard for anyone to give their opinion. You should give us readers more detaisl of your experiences.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: