You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Doors

Real Ghost Stories

Doors

 

My name is Kandace I'm 18 and I live in Connecticut. For the last 8 years my family has constantly moved from house to house throughout the U.S. It never bothered me until we moved into our current house on Hicks Road.

I started having these weird dreams about the house and all these door and tunnels that didn't exist. It soon got to the point where it was almost every night. One night when I had a friend, Machelle over I woke up in the middle of one of my house dreams to find my friend gone. I had figured she had gone to the bathroom or to get a drink.

When I realized none of the lights were on I got worried so I looked around. I couldn't find her so I figured it was just dark and she must have been in the room. When I got back there was a blanket tossed in the corner. As I walked closer I got a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach like nothing I have ever felt before.

I turned to find a man standing in front of my window. But for some reason I kept hearing doors opening and closing. When he stepped towards me I stepped back tripped on the blanket and smacked my head into the wall. I woke up on the couch and my friend in my bed it was the weirdest night of my life. I still get freaked out any time I hear doors creaking.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kandace001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

Beaner (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I agree with katie stand your ground and if your not able to ask a priest that can do it for you to bless the house if your parents accept to it or just have the priest to stand for you
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Don't be scared of the doors, if you feel un-easy just ask them to stop and leave you alone. Most spirits will. Don't let them have power over you.
Stand your ground. Tell them to leave.

Much Peace
Katie
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
I would be more scared of doors than mirrors for certain. I have tons of mirrors and have never seen anything in any of them ever. Doors on the other hand are a mystery as to what could be on the other side of it. I realize this is all dream connected so it's something you fear in your subconscience and it ends up manifesting itself in your dreams. There is also vivid and lucid dreaming that happens when you are not totally awake but you think you are. Stress and hormones can be another factor. Also some people tend to be complusive by nature and when dreams like this start they obsess in their waking state and end up having the dreams they are trying to avoid.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Heyy really kind of weird and I had a very similar experience recently. The reason lie in many things, be it the place you stay, your extra sensory powers and how much you are being noticed by an entity. For you am sure that there is something wrong either with the place or you. You frequent with dreams right, it's a good thing, the more the IQ the more you dream. Am always an optimist, try learning about dreams and their interpretations. Take Care.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
kandace001,
Welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Before this experience are you sure that you and your friend went to sleep in your room? Also are you sure the entire experience was not just another dream? The only reason I ask this is the statment you made wher you said you woke up on the couch and your friend was asleep in your room. I agree with JamesRobiscoe in that getting the history on the house/land may give insight to the troubles youv'e been having. God bless.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Your scared of doors! You should be scared of closets and mirrors. They are portals to the unknown. A realm that no one can escape. Just becuase you have a dream that has to do with doors, does not make it threatning to you in everyday life.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Kandace--The experience must've frightened you terribly. Did you tell anyone? And are you still having the dreams? If so, I would suggest you draw quick sketches of the dream images you can remember, and when you've collected a number of them--and are so inclined--check in the public library of town hall for a little historical background of the property. If the vision of the menacing male you saw was not simply a dream or the more drastic sleep paralysis, it may not be the last time you are visited. In which case, you must be informed so you can be best prepared.
boobyhobbs (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
Maybe you have some sort of complex with door. Try facing you fears instead of running from them!

Much Love,
Bobbyhobbs

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: