You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Boy In My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy In My Closet

 

My story is in a way strange, for I do not fear anything that has happened. I believe that there is a ghost of a twelve or ten year old boy in my room or technically in my closet and basement. What was weird was that I began to notice this 11 years since I've moved into this house with my Mom.

My very first experience with this boy happened on a hot summer day when I was 16 years old. I had woken up to a horrible thunderstorm. Being terrified of thunder I ran into my walk in closet with a blanket and pillow and closed the door. I lay down to sleep in there, crying from the noise. I suddenly felt another presence within the closet, but it did not feel threatening. It almost felt as if someone decided to sit by my shaking form in an act of awkward comfort. When the storm was over and I wasn't afraid anymore, the presence was gone.

It all began to really start up when I was around 17, which was at least a year ago. My friends and I were having a sleep over for Halloween, and we were all getting ready for bed in my room. I was watching a movie, two of my friends already asleep and my one friend Justine lying on her back behind me. My walk in closet was to my right, and was slightly open. None of my windows were open, and the door to my room was tightly shut. As I watched the movie, I heard Justine squeak out. When I asked her what was wrong, she only muttered back that she saw my closet door move back and forth roughly, as if there was someone pushing it in a fit of impatience or anger. When I looked, not believing what she said, I realized that what she said was true, and the door was now at a different angle.

My next experience actually happened 3 hours later, when I awoke from a deep sleep because of something I heard. When I looked up, I realized that the TV was on and on a full volume, when I know I had turned it off. As soon as I reached for the remote and turned it off, the little night light that I had turned on for my friend Jacqui began to flicker on and off for a minute or so, making Jacqui wake up and ask why it was doing that. I simply replied with the truth, "I don't know."

For the few months after the party, I began to feel as if I was being watched, but it didn't seem threatening at all. It felt like someone was curiously looking at me, as if they were wondering what I was doing. At one point, as I tried to get some sleep for a big day I had, I felt a small hand touch my hair. The touch felt like the hand was made out of pure ice, and only lasted for a minute or so. For the next few nights after that, I would feel someone sitting on my bed staring at me or touching me on my hands, cheeks, thighs or hair. At one point I believe I felt a small figure lying in the bed beside me, but I'm not sure if that was a dream or not.

The first experience that ever truly creeped me out was when I was alone in the house; my Mom and Step Dad were out to dinner. I was working on a sketch for some online friends of mine, and kept running back and forth to get some pencils or an ink pen. At one point, when I was getting another ink pen, I felt a soft pressure in my ear, as if someone's lips were barely touching it. I then heard a little boy whisper right into my ear. I'm not sure what he said, but it either sounded like a giggle or something along the lines of, "What are you doing?" in a quick pace. It scared me completely, and I asked if someone was there. Of course, I didn't get an answer. From then on, I knew there was something in my room, and I believed it was a young boy. Not knowing his name and not wanting to be rude, I began to call the boy "Derek".

It was only until a couple months ago did I finally get to see my little visitor. I was chatting with some friends on the computer, as well as listening to music. I had glanced at the TV because of something that had caught my interest, and my heart almost stopped. What I saw was a young 12 year old boy peeking from my closet door, his clothes almost that of a Victorian or possibly a 1920 style. He had black or dark brunette hair, and his eyes... Were not there. I could not see his eyes all I saw were patches of shadow. He looked to have a curious look on his face, as if he was wondering what I was doing up at that late hour. My whole body froze up at this, and I made myself look away. When I decided to look back, he was gone. I asked if he was there, and as a response my TV flickered.

A week or so ago, I saw him again. I had tried this technique called 'Ghost writing' that a psychic friend told me I should try after I explained my situation to her. I got a few answers from my 'writing'. Until I am able to scan the paper and show you what responses I had gotten, I will type up the questions and answers:

1.) Hello are you here?

A.) Yes I am

2.) Do you like me?

A. Yes

3.) Do you know your name?

A. I don't remember

4.) How old are you?

A. I don't know

5.) Do you have a message for me?

A. I love you

The last answer honestly made me turn a little pink from how blunt and simple it was. Especially since this ghost has admitted that he has feelings for me, which makes me feel at ease. After I finished the writing, I had looked up to put my pencil and paper down, and I saw him again. He was peeking from the other twin bed in my room, as if he was watching me the whole time as I did the ghost writing. Instead of feeling afraid, I gave him a little smile and wave, and with that he was gone.

I have not seen him as of late, but I do feel he is here, watching what I am doing at all times. What is a little scary though is that he does not seem to like any of my friends. He seems to be almost angry that they are intruding into his and my room and taking my attention away from him. Justine and Sarah, two friends from the sleepover, still feel as if they're being watched from my closet in an almost impatient way, waiting for them to finally leave.

As for my basement, one experience happened to Justine that completely freaked her out. She went down to get some things that belonged to her, and wondering if Derek was there, asked if he was there. She then said, "If you're here, give me a sign that you're here." As soon as she said those words, she felt a heavy presence push up against her and glare at her, as if telling her to leave in a silent way. Though I did not see this happen, I saw Justine fly up the stairs into the living room, her eyes wide.

As I type this, I still feel as if he is peeking over my shoulder and watching me, but that could just be paranoia from all that has happened. It is fine if you do not believe me, but I know I believe myself. Derek is living in my room, and he does not like people who are close to me.

Why do you think he 'loves me' or more on the line obsesses over me?

Do I look like someone that he loved in the living?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KitKatKittyKat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Whether he was human and now a spirit or inhuman I agree with everyone where if he is getting angry then that is not a good sign...

He may not hurt you now but possibly others and may hurt you in the future if he gets upset with you or if you do invite a guy friend or boyfriend over...

Be weary but if you do speak with him also make it clear you would love to be his friend and you enjoy his company but that you also sometimes need your other friends too and love them all dearly...

You could also let him know that if crossing over ever became an option for him that you'd support him and always think about him and just feel that even though you would miss him he may be happier...

The lack of eyes or the fact they are not visible does make me feel uncomfortable but also not just the christian or catholic religion but in many it is believed the eyes are the looking glass into someone's soul so the fact they are not there is a bit worrying - it could possibly be the fact he trusts you enough to see something brutal that may have happened while he was alive...

I know it's been about 3 years but do you have any updates?
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
i realy don't like the sound of this especialy his reaction to your freinds on no acount should you isolate yourself from your human freinds, infact you should spend more time with them if he gets angry at this then he is not your freind and should not be encouraged I don't believe in demons as the church describes them but we don't know what's out there and this gives me a bad feeling.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
I agree with Jerryhend1 here in that you might be getting played by an inhuman. The bible says that the eyes are the gateway to the soul. I recommend caution.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Thats so cute that Derek cares for you and that was so adorably funny awkward comforting awwwww I wish I had a ghost like that instead some type of demon haunts me I gotta make sure it knows its haunting MY room and use positive energy near it It doesn't bother me much tho 😕
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Aw, sorry to say but your young friend doe's not sound to be human, and the reason I say this is...

1. The eyes... They the others I will call them can't get them right, the eyes are always wrong...

2. He sounds, I mean what he has said to you, doe's not sound like what a young human boy-ghost would say, If they say anything at all

3. Your being played... By an inhuman...
freakb (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Okay I definitly say that this is the best ghost storie that I have read so far. I really like your storie. I also like the way that you that he has feelings 4 you!
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Cloud- Maybe, that sounds rather plausible. O_o

And I explained Ghost Writing in a reply to Amanda.:) It's rather easy once you start to do it.
Cloud (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
May you were somone he loved in a Past life to, and by fate you just happened to come acrros him again.
I know it probubly sound stupid, right? 😳
But it's possible. XD
And also, I think I know what Ghost writeing is, but how do you do it? Cause I've been trying to figure out how. =\ 😕
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Aw, thank you Amanda.:) You're very sweet.

As for ghost writing, it's in a way the 'handwritten Oujia board'. My spiritually aware friend showed me how to do it. I sit very quietly with a pencil and paper, and after telling Derek that he may use my hand to write an answer to my questions, I concentrate on the question within my mind. It takes a little while, but in a way, my hand begins to have a mind of it's own and I begin to write the answer Derek has for me. It's a little weird to try, and at first I didn't believe it, but it had worked.

Try the ghost writing in a quiet place or where the spirit usually is. I know you can do it, try to keep me posted okay?:)
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
I forgot one thing...

I was curious, what is "Ghost Writing"?

Is it like the Ouija Board?

Could you please explain that part, for me? I would like to try that sometime,,, (:
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Okay, I admit:: this story is my favorite. (:

I think it's adorable that "Derek", as you call him, is watching over you.

It's very sweet that he said, I Love You, just like that! I don't think I could handle a spirit telling me that, especially if I didn't know them.:D

But it's very kind of you to become "friends" with him, and help him when he needs it. I think it's amazing that he will sit by you and comfort you when you're upset or lonely, then leave when he knows you're better.

This story is amazing, well written, too. Great job!
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
Alura: Thank you for your kind words.:) I agree with you completely on why Derek does love me, I've been in this house since I was a 5 or 6 year old girl. If he has been here for that long, he had watched me grow for 12 years.
Alura (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-17)
That is so cool. I find your story really cute. ❤ I have a similar experience, because when I was little, there used to be an older lady ghost who would comfort me. I don't know why, and I don't remember the conversations we had, but my dad said we used to talk. After some years, the feeling of someone watching over me and protecting me has gone away... I think it was because our forest got cut down. I think that's partly where the ghosts lived. But, I don't know if it's because I grew older, or what. I mean, I'm only 13, not that old, and I still see presences (I see shadows walking around sometimes) in the house a lot, but they're not bad, or good, they're just... There.
But, if you want to think about it, he grew up there, you could say. That's his home, where he lives. I mean, if you were watching this girl from a distance that moved in, and watched her live there, and grow up, wouldn't you feel protective, and love her, in a way? He was probably there before, but he's been with you for however many years now. I find it cute... But I still feel bad for him, that he does not remember his past and stuff. I feel bad that he might have to stay there for awhile, his existence stuck in a closet.
I just feel that it's nice to know that people are getting along with ghosts that are friendly and protective. It's cute, and refreshing, and I know the feeling. You know someone's there, but you don't find it creepy (maybe sometimes) or threatening.
Just keep talking to him, because I'm sure he gets lonely sometimes. I know this sounds weird, but I've always wondered if ghosts can hear music. I mean, you don't have to try this out, but maybe he likes music? You could play some for him. And it'd be cool if you tried talking to him some more. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-17)
Ginkyofu13- Indeed, I believe he is a lost soul just looking for someone to care for. He's very sweet to me though, so I do not fear him.:)

Thetrueghost-I see, that sounds pretty scary.
thetrueghost (2 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
omfg omfg omfg omfg that's happened to me to I think shes still watching me right now she is 11 and she is kind of tall dark hair and no eyes
Ginkyofu13 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
He is a very lost soul who needs to go into the spirit world, he seems to fond with you. He loves you like a sibling or crush, but I am guessing he is over protective. He really wants to be with you until the end. I think, I believe your story!
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
:) Thanks you guys, I would reply to you one by one but I need to get ready for dinner...~

Update: I had a slight experience today around 3. Mom had yelled at me and I went to be alone in the closet, not wanting Mom to hear me cry and chastise me about it. I didn't see anything, but I believe I felt the presence of Derek in front of me, keeping me company. I told him 'thank you' afterwards for staying with me.:)
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
well I believe you as I can see others here do as well.

I have NO IDEA how you can be so calm about all of this. I have never had any type of ghostly experience like being touched or felt watched but if I did I would FREAK OUT and never want to be in my room alone ever again! (im a scardy cat haha) But I would be cautious as I've seen other people right... If he becomes to attached to you he may get angrier and angrier (especially if a special man comes in to your life) and you never know what he might do. You may look like someone from his life so I would try to find the history of your house for more answers
fixbrainster (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Hi KitKatKittyKat;
An amazing story, let's you know that after you die you still have emotions.

Just wanted to tell don't get too close with derek or allow him to get attached to you, don't know what he can do or what issues he can bring forth.

May god bless you and your family take care
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
uhmmm...
Well dante got a point, it is possible to think of you as a traitor...

I guess the best way is to get to know the boy's history first, and then ask him gently if he wants to be at peace and so on...

Good luck, I think he'll do you no harm... But then again, be careful because you can never tell... Be safe!:)

->Rhee
dante0 (1 stories) (4 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
I think you should keep him there. He dosn't seem like a threat. As for your friends, just stay in your lounge room away from the boy.

I also think that the boy is nice and if you say to cross over he might see you as a traitor. But good luck with the situation ❤
beautifulDisaster (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
That is really interesting. And kind of cute. (:
I hope all works out for you, keep me posted too, kay? I would like to know how it all works out. (:
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
Stacier90- Yeah, I feel he is trying to cling to me, almost keep me away from everyone else. But I'll definitely give him all the comfort and kindness I can. ^_^

Lolzy_34- Hm, that actually could be possible. I hope that it's a mother x son love he feels, I don't want to reject any romantic feelings he has toward me and make him sad. I'm going to try and have a conversation with him tonight.

4d- Thank you for your kind words.:) I hope everything works out too for the both of us.I'm trying to be a very good friend to him throughout all of this, and I'll try to keep all of you posted.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
KitKatKittyKat,
Indeed an interesting experience! I hope things go well for you and your little one. 😁 What ever you do with him, it is nice to know he has a friend to help him through it. I would also like to know any new info about your predicament, aloha - 4d ❤
lolzy_34 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
have you considered the fact that he may love you as you would love a mum. This possessivness could be that he doesn't want you to be taken away him. However I would try talking to him again and try and help him cross over. Keep us posted! 😁
Stacier90 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
It seems like he's trying to cling to you. Like he feels that since you acknoledge him you care for him. He sounds like a lost little soul who wants a little comfort and to feel content and have a friend. The jealousy seems a bit scary though. Just what I think
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
(Oh, I do help it's okay to double-post at the moment, I always like to answer every comment I get. 😁)

BriFischer05-I will try and get him to cross over at one point, but as I said in the other comment, I will take babysteps in the situation. My house is in a way new in my opinion, though I did find out something a little creepy. There WAS a resteraunt in place of my townhouse, but it had burned to the ground. I couldn't find out who died there though.
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
Surya- Thank you for saying it was well written.:) Yes, at times I do feel uncomfortable about his feelings for me, I'm afraid someone might get hurt, whether it is my friends or even my own parents.

Yellowbelle- Yes, I need to find out a way to help him crossover, but for now I'll take babysteps in the situation. Yeah, his feelings are sweet.:) I also feel comfort in that he won't hurt me.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
As with the the two prior comments, the posessiveness concerns me a hair. I would encourage you to help this boy cross over. How old is your house? Do you any of the history of it or the land? As always, keep us posted...
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
I agree with Surya, he is indeed a lost soul who needs a cross over...

I was actually scared with his posessiveness, but him telling you he loves you was kind of sweet for me...

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: