You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dandelion

Real Ghost Stories

The Dandelion

 

It all started with a precious story out of one of the "Weird NJ" books. My mom was into all the ghost stories and happenings around New Jersey, and she found one that was very neat, and right down the road from my family. It was about the "Changewater Murders," that occurred in 1843. It involved this man's family that was murdered during a robbery. So my family decided to go visit their graves, their were three of them" at the graveyard down the road because that is where they were buried. On the graves was a curse written by the man's mother saying those men that murdered them will be cursed and not go to heaven or hell. I was about ten at the time, and I picked up a bunch of Dandelions and thought nothing at the time. We arrived at the graves, and I put down the Dandelions as a memorial. I thought I was being nice.

About a week later, I woke up from a dream because I wake up in the middle of the night; never being able to complete a whole night's rest. Standing over me was a tall man, wearing an old styled hat just looking down on me. He didn't look like he was wearing the clothes a normal person would wear. I was scared; I closed my eyes and hoped the man was gone. I reopened them, he disappeared and I ran to my mother. She didn't care.

Later on in the week, I woke up... Nothing was at my door, so I wasn't scared to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. While walking to the bathroom in the corner of my eye something was crawling on the floor in a circular pattern. I thought of it as a chicken, and I went to get my mom. It was still there when I got her, she didn't see it... Only I did.

Two weeks later, I finally thought all was done, hoping I wouldn't have to be so scared again in my life. I was wrong. I woke up and at the end of my door was a lady, looked like she was wearing a dress, but her face... It was deceased... And she stared at me and I closed my eyes, as I once did before with the man, and reopened them. I saw her walk past the door... I kept calling mom? Mom is that you? No reply... I got up to go to my parent's room, and all I remember is my mom was sound asleep in her bedroom. I woke her up sounding as if I were monotone, with no emotions talking to her, saying mom there is a lady standing outside my door. She didn't care and told me to go back to bed.

Four years later, I am fourteen and ever since then I had a cross on my door hoping I would never think of seeing something so frightening again, but my story... It didn't seem clear. A man, a woman, and a chicken? This doesn't seem right?! I finally figured it out... "The Change water Murders" A man's family? I realized what I saw... Was the man himself, his wife, and his baby.

I'm fifteen now, one day I will go back to the graveyard and put the Dandelions on their graves, and see if this reoccurs again, but in the end... I think they were just showing their appreciation for me visiting them.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zhen83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Wow I have never thought ghosts would come back to thank you for giving them appreciation that's amazing story 😊
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
This definitely sent a creep down my spine. Geeeh... I'm scared as hell right this moment. Good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: