You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Phantom Of My Horse Barn

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Of My Horse Barn

 

I am 24 and just got out of collage to be a professional horse trainer. I have a barn with my boyfriend Collin, my sister Amber who is 30, her husband Jesse, and their 2-year-old daughter Carmella. We have four of my horses. Lightning, Chief, Breeze, and Indy. All four horses get along. Now, my barn has a bit of a history. The father, and son were hung, the mother was shot, and the 13-year-old daughter was stabbed in early 1900's. That is what the owner told us before we bought it, we thought he was kidding. But lately in the barn I feel a cold hand on my shoulder, my horses are always getting spooked in there own stalls, and I feel like eyes are watching me.

I was always the one to believe in ghosts, and I do believe the old family's ghost is still here.

Just today when I was riding my best horse Lightning who is the smartest and safest, started rearing, kicking at the ground and backing up like something was attacking her, I got off and tried calming her down but nothing worked, she broke away from me and ran back to the pastures (jumping the fence) and stayed in there with the other 3 horses scared to death. All my four horses were neighing. After that, I took Lightning back in to brush her and let her cool down, but she was neighing and wouldn't stop pawing at the ground. Then when I was walking to put the saddle back I got shoved to the ground, I didn't trip because I felt the hand push me... I felt a cold hand push me. I turned around-no one.

Lately my sister Amber has been seeing shadows ONLY in the barn and around the pastures, black shadows that follow us. Like eyes watching us. I even get the hair on the back of my neck standing up. Jesse and Collin haven't been experiencing anything... Just me and Amber... And the horses.

Is it possible that the horses are seeing these ghosts and we are the ones getting hurt? These ghosts are physically hurting us.

Just today I found a cut on my horse Breeze, and honest to god it looks like the shape of a hand. Like I said the 4 horses get along so none of them could make a cut or bite mark that big, and the wired fences couldn't do that. I'm worried, and I don't want any of my horses or my family getting hurt any worse.

I'd feel terrible making this ghost family leave after their tragic murder.

If anyone is reading this... Please comment and give me help!

Or email me at

Paranormalamy[at]rocketmail.com

PS: I try sitting down in the barn and talking to the family. I say "good morning", "Goodnight", and "beautiful day today?" I talk to them just like a normal conversation. I want to help these ghosts/spirits, not cause problems.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormal_amy003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KoltenAspen (39 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
Great story I love horses and one time when I was at my aunties place I went for a walk around and I found this old stable in the bush I found horse brushes saddles etc and I went back and told my auntie and she said not to go near there and I said why and she didn't answer I still need to find out why I can't go near there.
Haflingers13 (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
Hi. I Really Like Horses, And I Know Alot About Them. First, Keep Them In The Stables And See How They Co-Operate. If They Start Bucking, Rearing ETC Then I Would Suggest To Move. You Never Know, That Thing (Ghost?!) Might Come For You, Like It Pushed You With 1 Hand, But This Time Worse. I Really Hope My Advice Works. Nevertheless, Like Some Other People Say, Try Talking To The Ghost. Try An Ouija Board, Or Call A Physic Person To Deal With It. 😉
cmontgomeryx (5 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
hello.
I would move the horses to a nere by farm for a few days to se how they get on. You are doing the right thing talking to the family, they might become a bit more friendly.
You could get a ghost sort of whisperer to tell the ghosts off 😜 or just ask them why they are doing it?
I hope you are okay? And not too freaked out. I know I would be lol. I hope you and your horses are all alright:)
I hope my advice workss xxxxxxxxxxx
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
paranoraml amy--I feel so bad for you and your sister and your horses and the late family. No question that sensitive animals experience vibrations far beyond our normal human scope. Libertybelle says it in her first lines. Knowing SOMETHING that happened there does not mean you know EVERYTHING.

There may be far more than three untimely deaths in the barn. Don't mean to unreasonably frighten you but I'd advise you do every bit of exploring for facts without delay. Question everyone. Your horses will grow to distrust you if you try to force them where they know there's danger. You aren't about to sell the place, so better to try everything to banish the trouble. Your gentle amiable approach is your choice at the moment, but do not let up on your investigation. Many others in the past have had to deal with haunted stables. Don't be timid. You might even call paranormal invesitagtive teams (with a track record) and ask if they know of any cases. Getting help from people who have experience is teamwork, and it's good sense. You might even say horse sense. <G> Good luck to you
~ James
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Did the former owner give you any information than the bare bones (no pun intended) of what happened? There must have been a motive for the mayhem, and such violence would, I should think, be a big incentive to stay at the place where it occurred--unfinished business, and all of that.

Have you checked with your local library and/or the newspaper archives for more about this tragedy? If you could find out the names, it would be easier to talk with them, I would think; you know, sort of like, "Joe, I understand what happened to you, and I don't mind sharing the place with you, but don't harm the horses or those of us living here, understood? Of course, you also have the option of moving on, since it's been many years since your tragedy occurred. It's all right for you to move on. You don't need to go on reliving what happened."

Just sort of something like that might help.
paranormal_amy003 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Thankyou for help&reading.
Nothign yet has been going on, except for us feeling like were being watched and the horses getting spooked out of the ordinary. I'll keep posting if anything "bad" happens.
❤
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
My heart goes out to you and your family. You definitley need your barn and land blessed. This haunting may not only be the family but could possibly be the person or person's that murdered them. This evil person or group of people could be holding this family's spirits here earthbound and not allowing them to cross over and find peace. You may need to assist them with crossing over.

God bless you and your family.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Such a tragic past for those people. It's possible some have not moved on for fear of judgment. I think you are doing the right thing treating them with respect but by all means be firm about anyone, horses or people being hurt. Acknowledge their presence but be firm about your expectations. You could also try and direct them to the Light and tell them they don't have to fear moving forward. Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: