You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Guy My Baby Talks To

Real Ghost Stories

The Guy My Baby Talks To

 

I live in Graysville Alabama which is a small old mining camp community. The house we live in is like 50-60 years old. We have been renting for about 3 years. I have only been in this house in complete darkness once because when it happened I could feel breath on my face like someone was right there, weird that everyone was asleep. Since then my mom who baby sits sometimes was giving my baby a bath and playing peek a boo with the shower curtain, when mom pulled the curtain back my 2 year old was waving beyond my mom to the laundry room and when mom asked who she was waving at my baby said " that man" my baby said he protects me. Needless to say my mom was pale when I came home.

A few weeks later my husband jumped out of bed and grabbed his shot gun when I asked what he was doing he yelled "did you just see someone walk past the bedroom door?" He doesn't believe in ghosts or anything like that but he swears someone was in our house. I have heard a lot of stories about this town but this is just too real.

Short story if spirits do walk among us were fine with that as long as they protect us and are friendly. And yes I have been broke down by loss in Birmingham and heard screams coming from over there, it is a truly freaky place.

I also work nights in an old abandoned jail in Graysville dispatching the fire department. I hear all kinds of creepy noises,

I was told recently that the land used to be a grave yard.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unplanejayne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
Yeah, try finding out about any previous owners/ what it usedd to be. Good luck with everything, and I really hope you get this sorted. Whatever you do don't try moving (room, house, anything.) as whatever it is will follow you and your child into that room. Beccca 😕
renfestgirl (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
I think that babys see more. You should look at your houses history. The wbsite says that I need more letters so I typed this.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-01)
Just keep watching your baby's behavior and pray for your child and your whole household too, just to be safe.
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-01)
This is quite scary. I know that kids see ghosts - I know I did when I was 2 - 4 years old. Has this happened again? Please reply, Beccca x
ghostmomma (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-09-30)
I know childen sees things we don't. My granddaughter has seen things that isn;t there for me to see but you can see she is seeing something... The same with our dog.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-09-29)
unplanejayne: Children and animals can sense and see spirits. It is great if this man protects your baby. He may be your son's Guardian Angel. We all have Angels all around us and expecially children.

Your husband may not believe in the spirit world, but what he saw was real enough to make him grab his shot gun and look for it. Sometimes spirits can draw in enough energy that they can look like you and I. They won't even have that transparent look to them. Why not get a journal and keep detailed notes on everything that goes on in your house and also if you have a video camera, set this camera up in the baby's room and see what you can catch. You might also try snapping some photos of the areas in which your child is pointing or looking at and see what turns up.
My fiance is a skeptic too. One day he will become a believer. If you ever have some spare time on your hands, please read my stories. I will be the very first to admit to anyone that ghosts, spirits, entities, etc., do exist. THEY'RE REAL!

I hope you will write a follow up story and let us know what you find out. Research the house and the land too.

God bless you and your family!
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-09-29)
When I first moved in to my new house - built in 1927 my three year, upon entering for the first time said, "ohh daddy there's a little boy in here!" "Shouldn't he be getting ready for bed too?" Needless to say, that def made my hair stand on end haha. Since then I have experienced little things such as stuff being knocked over and even one night a few nights ago was awakened to something tugging on my ear lobe in a playful way. As long as your daughter isn't frightened, I wouldn't be worried - keep an open mind.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-09-29)
If the man protects the baby and she isn't afraid, I would ty to take comfort in the fact that she has a gift. My two year old also sees spirits, laughs and plays with things that I can't see. It's amazing how they just know when something is there and we don't.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-09-29)
Spooky. Little baby Locke cried a lot one day then the next minute burst into laughter looking into the corner of a chair. This was on his dads birthday August the 5th 2006. I have seen him go into the passage way and hug nothing and say I love you. I used to hear him talk and cry in his sleep.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: