You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Gran In The Garden Talking To My Niece

Real Ghost Stories

My Gran In The Garden Talking To My Niece

 

This story happened a couple of years ago in my garden in County Durham, England. I'd also like to say my Gran passed away in 2006 from Alzheimer's disease. One fine summer day I was playing in the back garden with my nieces, whom I will not name. Anyway, the two eldest of my nieces started crying, screaming infact, so my sister (their mum) took them inside. This left my youngest niece and me in the garden. All of a sudden, my niece went to the outdoor table and sat down. Then she started talking. Talking to nothing. She was talking for about 2 minutes then she started running about again. I asked her who she was talking to and she said Gran.

Now, she does have other grandparents but she calls them Grandma and Nana. Our Gran was the only person we called Gran. She also said she had a white dressing gown on, the only dressing gown she had was white and she died in it. Then she said she had grey hair that was my Grans hair colour for a number of years.

For a few months after that I felt a presence in that garden, but I wouldn't say it was an evil presence. Since then that one of my nieces has talked to people and pets that have passed away. One time she talked to my old Yorkie, Sam who got poisoned. She started laughing when she told me he said woof. So can anybody tell me, do you think that was my Gran?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SAFCDavid, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
That is soo sweet that she spoke to your niece. I agree with watersprite too 😉
❤ ❤
Key2theafterlife
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
It sure sounds like it! Since she died from that horrible disease, she might be even more confused regarding passing away. Maybe you could try talking to her to put her at ease. Tell her not to be scared, but she passed away from Alzheimer's and if she went to church or had some other religious beliefs, you could pray for her and let her know you're doing that. Best wishes and thank you for sharing your experiences!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: