You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Can He See Them, Too?

Real Ghost Stories

Can He See Them, Too?

 

This took place at my house in Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, United States. It was a few days after Christmas about four years ago, and it happened to my brother instead of me. He was five at the time.

We were watching That's So Raven on the Disney channel. It was just me, my little brother, and my mom. My little sister was asleep upstairs in her room and my dad was at work. The show switched to a commercial. When it came back on, it was the funniest scene at the moment. It's boring at my house, so we take any entertainment we can get, so the show was very interesting. Out of nowhere, my little brother starts screaming his head off and shouting, "It's on my bike! It's on my bike!" My mom and I couldn't see a thing. I went over to see if he'd seen a spider, since he's terrified of them. There was nothing there. He continued to scream and cry, so my mom took him to her room to calm him down.

I don't know if he really did see something, but after that day, he started talking to someone when he was alone in his room. When questioned, he said he was talking to Wyatt from school. There is no Wyatt at his school, nor is there one at mine. The only Wyatt in town died thirty years ago. It's made me believe he is able to see ghosts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rebelqueen94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CuriousNEwoman (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
I lived in ft Calhoun need until 5/2011 when the river flooded and took all the homes of the area I lived in. My son went to the school there- what grade were you and your brother in? Did you ever get further explanation as to WHAT/WHO was on his bike? Maybe "wyatt" was overall just an invisible friend? The name he heard at school?
supermom (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
I grew up in Fort Calhoun Nebraska, and now my kids attend school here, and there IS a kid named Wyatt, I graduated with his mom. Sorry.
rebelqueen94 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Yes, he still talks to Wyatt. I haven't managed to find any pictures of Wyatt, since I can't get into Town Hall's records. It doesn't bother us at all anymore. It was just... Odd at first.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
My son can talk to my older daughter who died at birth. I believe that children has that ability. In my opinion, Wyatt hasn't moved on and he found a friend through your brother. Either he wants to send a message to someone or he needs help on something before he moved on.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
my nephew used to see whatever it was that lived in my brother's old house. He was very young at the time, maybe two and didn't understand lying yet. Young children especially see spirits, but I'm not sure why. I thought it could possibly be because of innocence or because they don't have enough worldly experience and haven't heard that spirits don't exist.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
many children can talk to spirits try and find a picture of this wyat that died don't tell your brother who it is see if he recognises it
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Does he still talk to Wyatt? Since this happened a few years ago... Just curious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: