You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Why Won't You Leave Me Alone

Real Ghost Stories

Why Won't You Leave Me Alone

 

To tell this story I need to give a little background.

I know that we really are not supposed to talk about dreams, on this forum; however, I believe it is an important part to understanding my experience fully. I was 16 and I had just met my High School sweetheart, Zac. We became very close and realized we had a connection that was on a level different from anyone I had dated in the past. We seemed to understand each other fully, and have some sort of special spiritual connection. The night before I was supposed to go to Zac's house for dinner and meet his parents for the first time. I had a very vivid dream of my death.

I won't go into detail about the death part of my dream as much as what happened after. I found myself in a strange home, everything was a light blue color, and very peaceful. I realize, I am standing in front of Zac asleep in his bed, and I had this overwhelming feeling to say goodbye. Suddenly, I am transported to his living room where I am surrounded by shadow figures, all of which are the same shade of light blue color I experienced earlier. The next day after I told Zac about my dream in detail, how the house looked how he was asleep on his bed. He became very distraught stating that he woke up in the position I stated in my dream, and basically I gave him description of the layout of his house. (Note I had never been there)

I feel now that I can continue my story and that you will have a better understanding.

One afternoon Zac, Dawn (good friend of ours) and I were just goofing off in Zac's living room. We all were talking about the paranormal and just being silly. As we were talking I heard my name whispered, I looked at my friends and asked them to stop messing with me. They both said that they didn't say anything. I just blew it off and we continued to talk and goof off. Shortly there after, I heard it again, and felt this strong pull to the attic. Zac's bedroom was in the attic, they lived in an old house where the attic was actually used as a bedroom. I tried to ignore it thinking it was just my imagination; however, it just became more instant so I quietly got up and headed upstairs.

As I was climbing the stairs to the attic there was a strange scratching noise coming from within the crawl space, almost like the there were animals in the walls. When I reached the top of the stairs I turned the corner to face into Zac's bedroom, when I froze. I still don't know what happened to this day, I just couldn't move. It was dark in the room but there was enough outside light for me to make out items in the room. I looked toward the bed when the room became very warm, and humid, the darkness began to spread and suddenly was coming toward me. I couldn't move I couldn't even scream.

All of a sudden there was this intense heat as something came at me, I felt it push past me knocking be backwards. Once I gained my ground the next thing I remember was shouting "Why don't you leave me alone, I don't want you here anymore!" I then remember, stumbling down the stairs and coming to a stop just before the door. Again my name was whispered, I looked up toward the ceiling, and noticed blackness like no other, and it seemed to creep along the ceiling and down the wall toward me. I felt completely paralyzed, I don't even remember breathing. The next thing I remember was Zac and Dawn pulling me from the stair into their arms. I was so scared all I could do was cry. They just held me for awhile, and then we deiced to leave.

A couple of days later, we were sitting at school waiting for class when I asked them what happened, after I came down the stairs. Dawn told me they heard me scream and came running, they saw me at the top of the stairs and they couldn't get to me. She said there was some sort of barrier blocking them from going up the stairs to me, so they watched in horror as I stumbled down the stairs. Zac told me that once I came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs, I just kind of zoned out and was starring at the ceiling, he also told me that I didn't blink and that my eyes had a green glow to them (I have brown eyes).

I am not entirely sure what happened that day, or if the dream I had is connected in anyway. I was hoping that someone would be able to give me some insight.

Thank you for reading my story and I can't wait to read your comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sussieq, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostvirgin77 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
What a story! You were talking about the paranormal beforehand? Could it just be your imagination getting the best of you? If what you experienced was paranormal, and I think it was, try having a priest bless the house if you are really worried.

Blessings ❤ ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Wow, what a story! I think that it seems real to me because your friends witnessed your "encounter". Maybe you are able to sense things more than most, hence you being "pulled" into the attic. It may be a very real possibility that it was "the power of suggestion". But, personally, I think it was real incident. What I mean about your friends witnessing your "encounter", is that they said that there was a "barrier" preventing them from getting to you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
"we were talking about the paranormal"
I noticed, this has become quite the pattern in young folks stories... Leading up to their "experience"
Not trying to make light of this story, but the power of suggestion in young minds, is powerful.
JimD (431 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Wow; interesting. I'm not sure, but it may be the power of suggestion, or demonic. If the latter, my 2 cents worth is, as always, use Catholic Holy water and issue commands 'in the name of Jesus and Mary'. If it is demonic, watch the reaction. Not preaching; just a suggestion. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
sussieq (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
-BadJuuJuu
I thought that too, I was actually hoping that it was just in my mind. It was just to frightening, and it just felt so real.

-AnimalAngels
Thank you I look forward to reading the other story if you are able to find it. If what I experienced was in fact was paranormal I would love to see what someone else in my position did.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
So, you had this experience after having been talking about the paranormal? Sorry, but I think this was just power of suggestion affecting you guys.
AnimalAngels (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Wow, that's intence! Its wired to me that your friends never saw anything. I personally don't think its all in your head. This reminds me of another story on hear, almost the exacat same... I'll try to find it for you!

❤,

AA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: