You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Face In The Curtains

Real Ghost Stories

Face In The Curtains

 

My family and I are Spiritual people that attend church weekly and try to live a good and honorable life. I consider myself somewhat of a skeptic on ghosts. That doesn't mean I don't believe in them, though. I've had an experience with something that defies explanation. It's taken me nearly 30 years to share this with anyone.

When I was 4 years old, I was awakened to the sounds of moaning, wailing, and evil laughter. Quickly, I noticed a huge set of eyes on the thick, wool curtains in my bedroom. The eyes themselves, were yellow in color and were roughly the size of a baseball. No other facial features were on the curtain. Instinctively, I jumped out of bed and ran to the door which I found to be locked from the outside.

I remember pounding on the door, and the "thing" laughing at me.

Next, I ran and dove under my bed. I clearly remember having a bed skirt on my bed, and this "thing" lifted the skirt and put its head under the bed; looking straight at me. I quickly scrambled from underneath the bed, and was left with no other choice but to grab a pillow and stick it over my head.

The last thing I remember of the whole ordeal was my parents running in my room and me vomiting all over the floor. My folks obviously downplayed the whole thing, chalking it up to the average kid's nightmare.

I'm well into my 30's now, and the whole thing is as vivid as if it happened yesterday. To this day, I don't know what it was. Bed skirts aren't allowed in my house. And now that I'm a father, I try to keep an open mind if and when my kids say they've seen something.

Anyone had a similar occurance?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Abshers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-26)
Hello Valkricry,

I didn't explain to Colin2013 that he needed to read the guidelines and submit his post using the link below. My apologies. I'm glad you stepped in.

Good luck with your post Colin2013. I look forward to reading it.

Regards,
Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-26)
Collin2013,
The first thing you need to do is submit your story. Follow the Submission Guidelines (link at bottom of page) or it may not get published. If you have a video (or sounds), we suggest you upload it to youtube or soundcloud and provide the link in your story.
Http://www.youtube.com
Http://www.soundcloud.com
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-25)
Hello Collin2013,

You can email Martin one of the websites moderators and webmaster on:

Webmaster [at] yourghoststories.com

I look forward to reading your post and seeing your image's.

Regards,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Collin2013 (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-25)
Hello I am having about the same experience for the last 2 months last night I had enough and can't keep this to my self it's making me crazy I took countless pictures an videos on my I phone got wet an fried never backed up photis on cloud either but I have a video I took last night when I was getting out of the shower
I'm new here and not sure how to upload it but I really think you should see this it's 3 maybe 4 faces in my curtain not a shadow or glare the curtain is literally formed as a face and you can see clearly the eyes the pupil the lashes and they move blink follow you it sounds insane I told people nobody believed me until I showed them and they didn't no how to react they were dumb founded how it was possible I'm pretty well used to them
When I goto bed my pillow gets tugged an will pull off the bed if I don't grab it an pull it back. My Curtains will move and u can see a siloutte of a body threw the window. I had camera's installed when this started happening because I thought it was people we're trying to break into my home but I know now it's not the case. I don't know why me or what they want if there good or bad and if I will be hurt they haven't showed no acts of that nature they just watch and move things when they start to fade off they some times turn into a face of an animal a cat or a wolf things like that. If anybody can help or explain anything to me that would help please reply or email me collinkaye2013 [at] gmail.com I will send you the video an pictures
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
I believe everything that you said, and I'm not going to tell you that this was just a dream. This was obviusly terrifying for you, so much so that you vomited. It sounds as though it might have been a demon. Have you felt anything since that night? Perhaps a constant feeling of being watched/followed?
Gemmie (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
I'm leaning towards this being a dream or hallucination, especially after reading the vomiting part. When I was younger I always used to have vivid hallucinations when an illness was coming on - once I was even totally convinced I was going down on the Titanic in a sea of bodies... Almost gave my poor parents a heart attack from all the screaming I did that time.

However I won't completely dismiss this as something paranormal either - it certainly could be possible.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
It's hard in these situations to know for sure, since you were so young when this happened. I know that I would keep an open mind if I had children and they told me a similar story, but then, to a child, anything can seem realistic. I remember when I was around the same age, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a shadow glide across the wall next to my bed. It resembled an airplane, but the lighting and silhouette of it would make that impossible. My parents, to this day, tell me that this was all a dream, but it seemed so real at the time.
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
First things first, food allergies or contamination may trigger vomiting and hallucinations, or since you awoke from what I assume to be a nice sleep, or this happened when you were asleep it would be nothing more than a dream! Not always there is something lurking in the shadows. So don't despair. And many of us tend to keep difficult times stored in our memory either because it is a deep impact or it taught us something or both so many do remember vividly those nightmares. If anything more to help you, my friends tale: a few guys, my friend being one of them were smoking on a bridge in a village side during night. Suddenly a guy drops his cigarette into the river but to everyones amazement, it was still glowing. They thought it was a paranormal phenomena but one guy had the guts to check out what it was, and found that the cigarette actually landed on a floating leaf and not directly in water. It was uncommon but not a paranormal stuff. So, hope this story helps!
InnerMomentas (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Hey Abshers! I wouldn't rule out what your parents told ya. There are dreams that I've had that I remember even to this day. They were vivid and not very pleasant. One time a dream scared me right out of bed. That shocked my system. I felt like I was going to pass out. I didn't throw up but I sure felt like it.

You say that you and your family are very spiritual and attend church. Do you think that maybe this huanting or vivid dream has something to do with your spiritual life? The creature was obviously luaghing at something. Perhaps this demon represented an inner conflict of some nature.

You should check out my bio. There's a section in it regarding ghosts and religion. I think the two are very connected. Thanks for the good read.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: