You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Thank You, Grandpa For Visiting Me

Real Ghost Stories

Thank You, Grandpa For Visiting Me

 

A few weeks or less ago, I was visiting my mother and doing laundry. We sat at the kitchen table talking about whatever. Over time, I always talk to my mom about paranormal stuff and she seems to accept my interest.

She told me her story, that when I was a baby she was putting me into my crib and the mattress had to be titled slightly, as I had a hole in my heart and had surgery. Mom was getting me set up, tucking me in, while she was doing that she just watched me stare at a corner of my nursery and I was smiling. My mom stayed quiet and I seemed to just keep looking as if someone was talking to me or smiling back at me, at that moment it was like my mom wasn't in the room, because I was focused and was happy.

At that time 34 years ago I was 6 months old, I never got to meet my grandfather my father's dad. I was still in the hospital, my grandfather wanted to visit me, but they couldn't allow that as I was in intensive care also. He died the next day of a heart attack, and that day I was home, my mom put me to bed as I just mentioned above. She says it was my grandfather coming to visit me just one last time.

I know why now, he was upset that he wasn't able to see me before he passed. Now 34 years later, I am happy that he did, and I am happy my mom told me, gives me closure even if I never got to see him when he was alive. With that I was in tears and it wasn't pure sadness it was tears of joy. My mom had that in her memory all these years and she never told anyone except my grandmother; my mother's mom.

When she finished telling me, I went to switch laundry, I looked up and in hopes that he heard me say "Thank You, Grandpa for visiting me."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HauntMe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HauntMe (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
Thank You, cosmogal926 for the comment. I also showed my mother this story, I felt that she'd want to see this as letting her know I'm greatful for this experience.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
What a beautiful and touching story Hauntme. I believe that it is possible for this to happen as I had a very similar experience with my grandfather whom I had never met. As Nyrican11 said you were blessed to have this experience. Thank you for sharing it with us.
HauntMe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Thank You Argette, for the comment. I am glad I am able to share my experiences and read others.
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
What a very positive and uplifting story! These little miracles seem to happen to those who are receptive to them. Not a haunting, per se, but certainly a visit from a kindly spirit. You made my day!
HauntMe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Thank You Nyrican11, it really meant so much to me and this memory will be forever in my heart.
Nyrican11 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Awwwww, so very deep, wow! I'm glad that you were blessed to have such a wonderful experience with your grandfather that you never got to meet. I'm sure he wanted to meet you more than anything and never anticipated the chance would be taken from him. I'm glad you got to meet him after all though. Blessings come in all shapes and sizes! Thanks for sharing your experience!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: