You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: They Just Need To Learn Boundaries

Real Ghost Stories

They Just Need To Learn Boundaries

 

Do ghosts have boundaries? You'd think they do! But I guess when you're dead they've lost caring? Anyways this does lead to an experience... Okay so after I left my bedroom after the closet incident, I moved to the room across the hall. It was a bit smaller than my room but I didn't care. Of course the first thing I did was barricade the closet door because I didn't want that thing in this shiny new room!

Anyways, I was laying in bed one night just slowly drifting off, when all of a sudden something just starts forming in the corner of my room (up near the ceiling). Now mind you there were trees everywhere, we had to cut them down to make room for our house and the town said we had to because it could affect the foundation if we didn't. But this thing forming, the first thing I saw was a rope, I started thinking oh no please don't give me these issues now! I like this room! I'm just laying there watching it that's when I start to see a face appear HANGING from the rope, it creeped me out so I thought I've got to be tired! I hid my face under my blankets and shut my eyes as hard as I could think okay I'll wake up and it'll go away.

How wrong I was! I peered out hoping to see nothing there and then laugh at myself only to see that its mouth is moving and it's trying to talk! I had to calm down and tell myself you're asleep, this is crazy this can't be happening to you right now. But it was so finally I realized that it was trying to talk to me, I tried talking back but couldn't hear anything just him throwing his arms up and down like he was downright angry I would even consider coming into HIS space. So as calmly as I could I said "Look, I can't hear you but I'm assuming you can me, could you please leave? I just want to sleep. You're dead I understand that but I can't tell if you are yelling at me or trying to ask for help. When you think of a way to actually communicate other than scaring the pants off me please just go away."

I got a glare, then a weird look then what looked like a "humph" and he was gone. This was one of the nicer ones that would leave me alone when I wanted to be, thank goodness! Hopefully this isn't too childish for you guys, I'm just trying to write what I can remember about each incident.

Be safe!

Other hauntings by Mannerizms

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mannerizms, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tomtom1983 (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
That's hilarious, it would seem that spirit was like, oh dang, my bad. LOL

Not to make lightly your concerns, but it's funny how you described his facial expression when you confronted him.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I did the history, there's A LOT of death there. It was a fully wooded area until we built our house there, we found some... Interesting things. So yea. Lol
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Also it will help to look for the history of the land you live on, you may find an old prison Or any suicides in the area:) he is hanging so either he was hung or he killed himself. Both of these could result in a spirit being trapped here...
Research, research,research...this should help you find a way to help him:)
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
If he left when you told him to then he needs your help and he should not want to hurt you.
If you want to help, tell him to communicate in a better way, a more comfortable way. However if you want him to leave then I suggest telling him to leave and prey according to your religion, rock salt, incense, smudge ect ect.

The best of luck
flea20010 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
There is a goast in my room bothering me so I had to come sleep on the couch. I asked it to go away it wouldn't and then through a whole bunch of books at my dog. 😢 😨
Naru_117 (19 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
If reoccurs just tell it to leave in a very firm voice often they will listen... They do respect "personal space" for the most part... Unless they are malevolent in which case it might make things worse by trying to communicate.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
No I had just moved rooms because I didn't / couldn't be with that thing in there and after I left that room I was less nervous lol, I only barricaded the closet in the new room so I wouldn't be so paranoid! But yes I do see the humor here, it was intended:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
So I guess that barricading the door thing didn't give you the results you had hoped? Maybe this was in response to you thinking you could keep a non corporeal entity from making an appearance by throwing up a few physical boundaries.
Come on, you have to see the humor here. Where others will use cleansing rituals, shielding techniques, Holy Water, prayer, even cold iron, you were going with rearranging the furniture?
Priceless~

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Yes it does appear that ghosts have boundaries. They can walk through walls, but don't have to worry about falling through floors.
And how'd you feel if you were a ghost hanging around on the end of a rope for umpteen years, and then get successfully pwned when you can't scare a person?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: