You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandpa Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Or Something Else?

 

This is my first time submitting my story! I have been reading these experiences for about a month and thought I should share some of my experiences. To start off I should tell you a little about myself. I live in my house with my parents, brothers and grandma. My grandpa also lived with us but he died about two years ago. I should also mention that my grandma does not live in the main house but in an apartment connected to our house through a door in our living room.

My first experience was when I was about two. Though I have no memories of this, my mother has told me that I used to talk to my great grandma. My great grandma was not dead but she had a stroke and was a vegetable. She was there psychically but not mentally. These talks would occur in my room by myself. Apparently I would just babble away like I was having a conversation but no one was there. When I was asked who I was talking to I would always reply grandma (as in my great grandma). I would also give a brief summary of what I was talking about.

One conversation my mother recalls is when I said that we had to come up here because grandma is afraid of the dog (my dog back then was a yellow lab). My mother thought it was odd that I mentioned that detail then told my dad and he said that it was funny I said that because his grandmother was deathly afraid of dogs. That was something that no one else knew because he never told anyone that. These talks with my great grandma happened about 10 times that my mom counted. My great grandma died later that year and I guess that's when I stopped seeing her. Hopefully she has moved on. Since then I have not seen any other ghosts but have had some experiences.

Once in the winter after my grandpa had passed I was in my living room and my grandma (the living one not my great grandma) came over from her apartment to get the mail which was on the kitchen table. She dragged the door but instead of shutting it stayed open a crack, which I had never seen happen as it is a heavy door, it would usually close. I thought it was odd but continued watching TV. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw the door knob jiggling. I continued to watch, then the door slammed shut. (No one else was home but me and my grandma and she was in the kitchen so she couldn't have done it).

Another experience is during the fall and my new pug had been acting weird. He had been licking the air like it was somebody's hand in greeting and then running away acting like he was struck by something. I have also had an uncomfortable feeling like I was being watched for most of my life I thought maybe my dog had also been sensing this presence. Then my dog started barking at corners and especially at the door leading to the playroom that we hardly use anymore. One night he was barking furiously at this corner with tinfoil containers on these shelves then all of a sudden the tinfoil containers came crashing down. Again no one was in the house but me let alone in the same room.

My second experience is when I was in my living room reading some stories on YGS and I heard this raining almost scratching noise near the window which was next to my chair. I looked outside the window and it was quite sunny not a drop in sight or animal scratching. Then my dog started barking furiously at the door that leads to my grandma's apartment. His barking in that general area is usually a warning sign for something bad about to happen. I was freaked out by the stories, the barking and the scratching/raining noise. So I ran to my grandma's apartment. I told her my experience and she told me she had heard the same noise in her closet every night. The back of her closet and the playroom share the same wall. We heard the scratching/raining noise in different areas but by the way she described it, it sounds like the same noise.

Late that night it actually did start to rain and the lightening was crazy! There were three distinct bolts of lightning that lit up the entire black night sky a bright blue. I'm not a fan of lightning storms so I was a little uneasy.

My dog has this rug that he always lays on and I took the rug from him because he was chewing on my shoes and put it on top of his crate as he was trying to get the crate moved forward about 3 feet and then, as my dog was getting out of the crate, the crate door slammed shut and hit him in the face. My dog refused to go near that area and was very clingy and afraid to go anywhere without me.

I thought that perhaps my grandpa's ghost was still hanging around but now thinking on it I think that maybe it's something evil. My grandpa was a very sweet man and would not hurt a fly especially not a pleasant mannered dog like my pug.

I think that the door suddenly shaking and closing was my grandpa's way of saying goodbye but the rest I think might be something evil or something. Comments and advice much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by SpiritChild7234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpiritChild7234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MetalGuru666 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
My story is published! Give it a read and tell me what you think! Look forward to hearing from you.
MetalGuru666 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Hmmm. Interesting... Keep us posted of any future happenings! I submitted my story on Monday... Should be posted in a few days or so. You should give it a read... You might find some similarities to your experiences.
SpiritChild7234 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
Also a small edit to my story my great grandma was in a coma from her stroke I thought that it was the same thing as being a vegetable but a friend told me that vegetables usually look awake but can't move or talk or anything. Just thought I should mention it!
SpiritChild7234 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Thank you all for commenting and helping! I have tried to debunk the situations but could not find a logical reason for any of them. Though I will continue trying to do so. Also MetalGuru my great grandmother has always disliked dogs but since she has been dead for so long so I am unsure why. My grandmother was a very sweet lady and would never hurt a dog more likely she would stay away from him. Thanks again for everyone commenting!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
I think that there are a couple of things going on here. First off; your great-grandmother suffered a stroke and as you say was a vegetable. I believe that our souls leave our body when our body is deceased. I also know that many people who are in coma's or who have suffered strokes still can hear. Now, not saying that she could or not I still believe she came to you as her soul was still in it's earthly form. The scratching noise should be thoroughly investigated to some sort of animal, rodent, etc. Before coming to the conclusion that it is a harmful entity.

Zeta.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
My pug also licks the air, as did my dachshund before she died. The vet said its just a nervous tic, sort of like how humans bite their nails. Many things scare and/or confuse dogs, even inanimate objects like tin foil containers. Perhaps your pug knew they were going to fall before they fell, just like animals sense when hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc are going to happen. As for the rest of the things that happened, try and debunk what you can, and if you can't attribute something to a natural cause, focus on that. If there is something bad in your home, try having it blessed, or cleansed.
MetalGuru666 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
I have a similar story to you where my grandfather had some kind of stroke/medical complications and was pretty much a vegetable. In my experiences, if a family member is really watching over you such as your great grandmother and our grandfathers, they wouldn't want to cause you or your family any harm so I think you may be dealing with a malevolent spirit. Do you know if your great grandmother or grandfather had a fear of or any reason to despise dogs/animals?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: