You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Hotel Room

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Hotel Room

 

Last weekend I was in the south of Norway, going to a wedding with some of my friends. We were staying in a hotel from the 1800s. From the moment I stepped into the building where my room, and my friends' rooms were I felt that it was haunted. My friend K agreed with me, but we weren't afraid because at the time it just felt like the perfect, cozy, haunted hotel and we were really looking forward to staying there.

The first night I had a single bedroom and nothing much happened except the feeling of haunting got a little stronger, especially in my bathroom. The next night I stayed in a double room with one of my friends, E. The room we stayed in was right next to the one I stayed in the night before and had only one double bed, which we shared. I just realized now, when I'm writing this, that the second room was wall to wall with the bathroom of the first hotel room.

That night I dreamt that a rather creepy man was asking me to do something, or propositioning me for something, like "if you do this I'll do that". I don't really remember exactly what he wanted or offered in return, but I was definitely not convinced and very negative towards his suggestions. Suddenly I was awoken by my cell phone. It was a text message and the ring tone for text messages on my phone sounds very much like someone knocking. So when I suddenly woke from a relatively deep sleep I called out "come in!" I then sat up in bed for a few seconds feeling really confused why no one was coming in through the door, before I finally realized that the sound had been my cellphone. I replied to the message, got one more, replied to that and went back to sleep.

Normally I would just chalk such a nightmare up to my love for horror stories and movies, but E also had an experience that night. After I fell asleep again she dreamt that someone was lightly touching both me and her. She sort of woke up, but was completely paralyzed. She couldn't move, but she saw two fan-like things, moving slowly up and down over both of us. When they noticed that she had seen them they retreated into the wall above the bed. The moment they disappeared into the wall she was able to move again. This is the moment she believes she truly woke up. She raised herself up on one elbow and turned toward the place where the fan-like things disappeared. At that moment the door of the bedside table fell open. The door was of the kind that has hinges at the bottom and opens from the top. The cord of the lamp on the table hung down at the front of it, so that the door catches on the switch and you have to move the cord to open it all the way. The door opened forcefully, like someone moved the cord out of the way and pulled it hard. The part at the top where it closed was broken and the door was swinging back and forth.

She told me about the dream and sleep paralysis, but I did not know the part about the bedside table at the time. I just thought she had had the nightmare and that her cellphone suddenly had fallen on the floor, waking both of us. It was 3 in the morning when the door of the table slammed open and the world seem like a completely different place at night so I seriously wondered what I had invited into our room. I mentally repeated the phrase "You are not welcome here, go away" several times before telling myself I was being silly and went back to sleep. Poor E couldn't fall asleep again until 6 am, even though we kept the light on.

Nothing more happened after that, but a couple of days later E told me she had a picture of the ghost. The picture is one I took of her in front of the bed. Above the bed there is a framed picture. The light from the window on the opposite wall is reflected in the glass of the frame and you can clearly see my silhouette in it. In the shadow of my head there is a grinning face. It reminded me first of a wickedly grinning Guy Fawkes mask, but E thinks it looks exactly like the monster from the movie Sinister, and I have to agree with her.

Other hauntings by brukernavn

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brukernavn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

brukernavn (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-07)
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your comments.
I have just sent the picture in question by mail to the webmaster, so hopefully you will be able to see it soon:)

Miracles51031: It is very likely that the bedside table had a faulty latch, but that it should fall open so violently at that exact time and with the other things happening, it felt very scary to us at 3am.

Anjarey: VermontVampire is right. The reason I thought I might have invitet something into our room was that the man in my dream had been propositioning me for something and I "repied" by callin out "come in!"

Valkricry:No, the room did not have a ceiling fan or AC. E and I (and a couple more of our friends) came to the conclution that the hotel was haunted on Our own before we mentioned it to each other:)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
I'm always amazed when someone can go right back sleep after having a nightmare, as I lack that ability. I am curious though, brukernavn, if you had voiced your opinion that the hotel was haunted to your friend E, and if the room you shared had a ceiling fan perchance? I'll expand on a theory I have once I have that piece of information, otherwise it would just be a waste of time.
As, Miracles has already pointed out without seeing the picture we're in no position to offer any ideas or support on it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
sds - aw, thank you 😳 We must have been on the same wavelength LOL and sds? You also have my respect 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
Hi brukernavn, can you upload the picture and we would like to see it before commenting.

Thanks Miracles, you have beautifully summed up whatever I was thinking while I was reading the narrative. Bang goes my credits.Lol. But I was wondering how brukernavn thought she invited something into the room?

Brukernavn, please give your reply and thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you and Miracles.

SDS
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Would love to see the picture in question. Sounds to me like you already had the perception of the hotel being haunted and I agree that your subconscious could have taken over, however you were there so all we can do is speculate. Sounds like quite an interesting hotel to visit though. Thanks for sharing 😁
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
I think the OP believes that by calling "come in" after her cellphone went off that perhaps she inadvertantly gave the spirit permission to enter the room.
anjarey (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
this is a good story, i'd love to see the picture! But I also wonder how you invited that thing in the room?
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
If you do still have the picture, would you be able to put it on YGS or you can send it to delwen.bothma [at] gmail.com
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
brukernavn - the bedside table could have had a faulty latch and you and E just happened to have been there when it broke. And broken latches, especially those at the top of the door, can cause the door to fall open with force and noise.

The fact that both of you had dreams could have been due to the fact that you thought the room was haunted. You thought it was haunted, the possibility exists that you expected something to happen and your subconscious took over from there.

As for the picture, without actually seeing it, we're going to have to take your word for it. I'm not insinuating there is nothing in the picture, so please don't misunderstand. I'm just saying we have no way of offering any advice, support, or alternate suggestions on it.

One thing I don't understand, though, is what made you think you invited something into your room?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: