You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Ghost Saved my Life

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Saved my Life

 

When I was about 4 years old, my nan was looking after me and her house was a really nice one, except for downstairs. Downstairs made you feel terrible, there was definitely something there. My mum, me and my aunt all felt a presence and felt as though we were being watched.

Being 4 years old I was very wary of going down there. So this day I was riding around upstairs on my little plastic bike and nan insisted on my staying away from the stairs. The stairs were extremely steep and my mind is a blank from the time where I was riding around until I somehow found myself facing the stairs. I remember looking down the stairs and thinking how did I get here?

Then I felt myself being pushed and there I was, hurtling down the stairs on this plastic bike. Based on the laws of physics, the bike should have tumbled over throwing me off it face first. Yet somehow I remained balanced though thinking back it seems impossible how I could have done so. Not only this, with the speed I was going down the stairs I should have been thrown straight through the glass window which was only about a meter from the bottom stair. As I reached the bottom I felt my bike and me stop dead as though someone had caught me.

So it seems as though someone made me go to the stairs, pushed me down where I could easily have been killed... but then I was also stabilized and saved from breaking my neck while hurtling down the stairs and then caught at the bottom and stopped from flying through a thick glass window. Perhaps there were two people there, one trying to hurt me, one trying to save me? I don't know, what do you reckon?

Also found out after nan had moved that 2 owners of the house had died.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zozaliny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
fadedmemories,
If you want opinions on your experience, it's best to write it up and submit it. You will receive far more responses, than placing it in the comments section of another story.
~Val
fadedmemories (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
I need someone's opinion please.

When I was about 6 or 7 something strange happened to me. I loved running down a flight of stairs leading from the top floor of my house to a landing. It had 8 or 9 steps, with a wall bottom, leaving about 3 feet of room between the last step and the wall. One day, at around noon, I ran from my bedroom to stairs and on. As I reached the third step down I tripped. I wasn't holding on to the railing at the time so I expected to fall and get hurt. Instead, everything went dead silent, and I floated slowly (very slowly) over the rest of the steps. I was lowered slowly to the landing in a kneeling position, and then all sound returned. As a child I found it odd, and turned to face the steps. I was baffled, but quickly dismissed it and went downstairs to play. In the following weeks, I had a dream, very similar to my experience. The dream reminded me of what had happened so I became very intrigued. I began jumping of the stairs and couches, begging for it to happen again. I thought I had acquired special powers (child fantasies). My parents just laughed. Now I am 19. It has been years since I've recalled the memory, but now I think it may have been a ghost or guardian angel. However, my family was the first to buy the home, it was new, so no one could have died there. I have had 3 strange experiences total (all in that house, the 2 I didn't mention were surely ghosts). It's just, i'm now thinking this could have been a ghost too. What do you think?
Jademalika84 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
I have had an experience when I was around 5, were I was sleep walking & in the middle of the night I woke to find my self sitting in the middle of a bizzy road in sydney, but I was blank and couldn't move or get up to go back inside, I just remember seeing my mother come and pick me up and take me back in side, she must of heard me get up and followed me luckily,... I believe sleep walking is caused from evil spirits it mostly happens with kids who are more acceptable to the dead and for some people they can get to us easier in our sleep
annaliese (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Wow that's pretty creepy, I think there was some ghosts who wanted you dead and some that didn't.Anyway that's realy cool. 😲
Kuroyuki (4 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Maybe the ghost was teaching you a lesson about those stair. Kids sometime or never listen to what their parents tell them? And when it happen to anyone from falling from the stair but ended up being okay. Would likely tell you don't play on the stair or near it? It could all be warning to you and next time it won't be so pretty. Well that's what I think happen?
ElfEars66 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
I've had something like this happen to me as well. I was watching my friend's kid Leila and she had gone up stairs to get her toys, and I heard her scream so I ran to the bottom of the stairs and I saw her like this / leaning halfway down the steps. Now their stairs are very steep, I've fallen down them a few times, but Leila was just hanging there. When they got back home I told them what happened and they said that Leila's big brother, Chris, had fallen down the stairs and broken his neck and died. I'm pretty sure that Chris saved her, and that someone saved you as well. Leila was 5 at the time. Chris, her dead brother was 7 when he died. Maybe, ghosts like making 5/4 year old kids fall and save them?
❤ Elf
miss-megan (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
it may have not been two ghosts at all, some ghosts simply like playing with emotion, seeing the fear in you and then saving you, makes you unsure and a slightly scared of where you stand with them. Watching you grow fear and belief is one of the most common ways of this ghost to grow acceptance in your home, you accept this in to your home. And you have no idea what you could be releasing. Keep that in mind. 😕
ParanormalActivity (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
😕 yeah I think that there was one spirit trying to hurt you and one trying to save you too. Di dyour nan ever meet the prevoius owners before they died? If not maybe the house is cursed or somfin. That sounds really creeepy and I would definetely tell someone.
vixens902 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
this sounds similar to something I had experienced when very young - around the time I was 4 years old. My parents would let me play outside just on the front porch when they were inside making dinner and couldn't watch me the entire time. Our porch had a fairly small staircase- about 9 steps high and not too steep, leading to the asphalt driveway. Enough for anybody to hurt themselves falling down, especially a little 4 year old girl. I was taught of the dangers of playing too close to steps and avoided lurking at the very top of them at all costs, but one day when I was left alone for a little while like usual, I found myself away from the other end of the porch where my toys were and standing at the top of the stairs. There was nobody around at all, our street was never busy anyway but no neighbors or anyone happened to be hanging around that afternoon. I still to this day, like your story, have no idea how I got there or what I was doing, what drove me to think it was a good idea, as my childhood curiosity was so ruled by my parent's warnings and ideals, but whatever urge/feeling/possible evil told me to do it wanted me to jump from the top step. I did - but just as soon as I jumped, I felt what I would describe now as an almost ethereal warmth and comfort, and I slowly descended down the steps as if floating while being carried until somehow I was at the bottom, in one piece, untouched standing upright as if nothing happened. I recall everything being back to normal after that and not thinking anything of it. I never attempted to jump from the stairs again, and I never recalled this occurrence afterwards until recently when gaining an interest in the supernatural/unexplained... I wonder who/what helped me that day.
Moonlit_Catastrophe (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Wow.
I'm really glad you didn't get hurt!
I'm not really sure about this, but I either think that it was the previous house-owner who pushed you down the stairs and your spirit guide saved you, or I think it was just the previous house owner who warned you, who wanted to have some fun. Cruel.

You're really lucky.
God Bless ❤
-Bee. 😊
chibi_ninja_kitsune (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Whoa, now that's creepy! If they exist, it could have been your Guardian Angel. I know I believe in them, because I've never broken a bone, had a serious illness or anything like that in my entire life. But it's more likely that it was the spirit of one of the owners of the house that saved you.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Oh my. I do believe that there was two ghost there. Either that or one was just playing a trick on you. You sure were one lucky kid. It is amayzing that some ghost can be as nice as butterflys, but others can be as mean as bees. 😉 I'm very happy that you did not get hurt.
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
HI Zozaliny, I love your story. I just want to say that out of curiosity at such a young age can bring you to places your not "supposed" to be. Like when a grown up tells you, "Don't push the big red button" to an 8 year old, what do you think the child's going to do? PUSH THE BIG RED BUTTON! However, that does not discount the fact that you really don't remember how you got to the top of the stairs... It could mean that something had drawn you there to hurt you, and your guardian angel came to your rescue, or --- you were a curious kid and luck was DEFINATELY on your side.

Either way, I feel that something was there protecting you, because God has a plan for you, and at that time, you were not ready to go! You are so blessed and your angels are with you watching over you, making sure that you live a long a prosperous life!

Hope this helps at least a little!

Elina ❤
sagemizu (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
Well I don't think it is two seperate beings but this is my assumption. As a child your curiosity is at its highest level so anyway no matter what you might have gone to the stairs maybe but it probably wanted to show you might have happened. So it was like a strict warning or something. Just my assumption.
philippinegirl (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
i think the one who pushed you is the devil and the one who save you is your guardian angel... Well your a lucky person that someone save you or else your not here writing your story but I like your story though 😊
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
Dear zozaliny,
I believe those two owners are still there. One was a mother or a woman and other was a kid-hating buisness man. Or the other way around. Anyways I had a experince somewhat near? When I was about 8 or 7 I lived in this beautiful area in Burleson/Fort Worth area and there was this feild. About 3 house to your right is the feild. My cousin came to spend the night and we decided ride our bikes around so when we got to the edge of the feild there was this HUGE cyote(excuse my spelling please) and for some odd reason he didn't attack. He wasn't even a foot away form us! I have no idea but we were saved from that hungry cyote, probally angels? I still don't know to this day on how we survived a surprisingly unsurvivable conicndence! But you could tell he was hungry by the look in his eyes.*shivers*Thank you for listening to my experince.
With love and care,
cupcake10132
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
well at the age you were by the time you were half way down you probobly would have died from shock or the plastic bike would have brokeand you would have probobly gotten Sever Brain Damage or instant death
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
There is indeed benevolent ghosts as there are malevolent ones also. When I see things usually see things almost anything I get scared. One time I saw a woman in a white wedding dress. Now she was just fine looking, normal. So it wouldn't be scary. But I freaked out at it. Now last week when I was by my bus stop I looked into the forest near it and I saw... Faces, my God so many faces. I almost broke down when I saw them. I don't go to that spot to get on the bus.
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Oh not all ghosts are bad, in our religion, we call spirits to guide us. (ghost, spirits, demon, same thing to us!)
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
yes I believe you. I have dreams which tell me the story when I'm near to death so they tell me the story in the dream then it happens in real life. Who was it who tells me things in my dreams my dreams come true. Its good in away cause something I can change what happens in the future 😊
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
I tell you what I think, sounds to me like your guardian angel was with you for sure. When I was around that age I would actually catch glimpses of mine believe it or not. I remember it being really tall and smokey in appearance. Even in broad daylight out in the yard. I was never frightened by it. In a strange way even at that age I knew what it was because of how I would feel afterwards. You were very fortunate.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
Sounds like you had one heck of a ride that is for sure. You didn't happen to grow up to be a class A personality did you? You know the ones who go out seeking bigger and better thrills just for the adreline rush. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: