You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Face in the Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Face in the Mirror

 

My boyfriends house has a lot of history in it. His brothers, and sister, as well as his parents have all had unexplained things happen. Weird feelings, seeing things out of the corner of your eye, and so on. I've also had a few strange things happen to me. But the one that stands out most is the one that happened about 7 years ago. We Lived in the attic of his parents home, which was a large 4 bedroom house. I always felt a little uncomfortable when I was alone in the house as if someone was watching me. Never felt unsafe, just... Not alone.

So one night, I woke up at about 2am to go pee. I checked on the baby, who slept upstairs in the (finished) attic with us, and sleepily climbed the stairs down to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet with my eyes only half open, looking into the mirror. I nearly lost my breath when I looked up and saw a face. It wasn't a human face, it looked like an old Roman statue. It was white, and looked as if it was carved out of plaster, The hair was curly and the eyes were just hollow, it wasn't scary looking, but it frightened me because... Umm well there aren't supposed to be statue faces in the mirror! Haha.

When I told my boyfriend and his parents about it, they just kind of looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. I convinced myself that I was just over tired and didn't really see anything, but the things that continued to happen in the house really made me think twice about my theory.

I've got plenty more to share with you guys. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Skeptical, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
This is what they mean by keeping up appearances lol spirits desire change as much as we do:)
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
Hi Skeptical, thanks for sharing your story. That would certainly give anyone a good fright! I wonder if your other stories take place in the same house, sounds like maybe. But hurry up! I can't wait to read your other experiences, especially if they are anything like this one! It was really good!
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
Litle strane but very creepy well hope you don t see it anymore
well that's it

GOD BLESS YOU 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
Thank you for sharing your story. From what you say, your boyfriend and his parents apparently have seen some 'things' as well.

i look forward to reading your other encounters.

God Bless!
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
I read your story. Interesting. Some unseen hosts do this to scare us humans. They are actually creatures but they can take a shape of what ever they like.
take care.
IamWAHID
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
Thank you skeptical for sharing your experiences with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-30)
Very interesting! That's creepy I enjoyed your story. I had a similar experience myself I was in the bathroom looking in the mirror until I saw the air going all funny then the air made a boy the boy was a teenager who was a ghost. He has been in my dreams a week before this had happened. How strange is that! I enjoyed reading your story it was really interesting thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
AbbyRose (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
That's freaky! Last night my mother inlaw and I saw a shadow cross the floor! It made our eyes get big!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: