You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Blue Glowing Hollow Circle?

Real Ghost Stories

Blue Glowing Hollow Circle?

 

It was just before 3:00am-ish when I was still wide awake reading books on my iPod. It was a comedy book so at one part it was too much to handle so I clicked my iPod off and started to laugh.

After some wheezing and calming myself down, I was about to pick my iPod up again but something unexpected happened. A hollow blue circle, which appeared to be almost on fire, was shot towards me. It was as fast as a bullet. I tried to get away but I was the most scared I've ever been and only managed to flinch back around 2cm's trying to get away.

When it hit me, I felt as if someone socked me in the stomach and a hand was squeezing my heart painfully, along with not being able to breathe and my ears both popping loudly and only being able to hear really loud static and different pitches of noise (which hurt my ears a lot). Essentially every part of me was in pain and when it stopped a few seconds later and didn't come back, all I could do was cry.

Eventually, in the morning when I got in the car with my mom to drive me to school, I just broke and started crying because I don't believe in any of this and felt like I was losing my sanity. She asked what was wrong so I stopped crying and never told cause afterall she would think I was crazy so I just said "I had the most f*cked up night of my life" and she let it go.

I searched for an explanation and could find none. Logically I have no clue, my house is over 150 years old and my room (the master bedroom, my parents made the dining room theirs) has 4 brick walls with no windows or mirrors. It seems illogical to me as to where the light would have came from.

Overall does anyone have any explanation for what happened cause google is pretty useless. This happened 3 months ago and I still feel like throwing up and crying whenever I think about it. Also I forgot to mention but after it happened the pain I got from the "injuries" didn't go away completely for around a week. I literally limped around school feeling like I got ran over by a truck multiple times. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?!?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 1301143, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Desertmoon (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-30)
It sounds like you were badly shocked. My question is, since the source of the light confused you, did you automatically think it may have been something paranormal? If you had known for a fact that it was something of an electrical nature wouldn't you have gotten your parents to get you medical treatment immediately? I feel badly for you that you didn't feel like you could seek immediate help from your parents if you were so badly injured, just because you thought it was paranormal in nature and that you wouldn't have been taken seriously by your parents to justify telling them. I have personally seen ball lightning, once when I was sleeping in my grandparents trailer. It was snowing outside and all of a sudden and out of nowhere this really bright light kind of exploded in my face. I'm glad it didn't touch me in any way or I probably would have had an outcome similar to yours. You didn't say if you have talked to your parents yet, but I would tell them right away, and get some medical attention to make sure there was no permanent damage done. You shouldn't have to deal with this by yourself and you are obviously in a lot of distress over it. Good luck and Godspeed.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
Biblio! Excellent post! I'm impressed! Very funny! (but excellent, insightful advice at the same time), sounds like you just had a very strong coffee!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
Greetings, 1301143.

While your narrative is focused -quite naturally- upon the events which occurred while you were harmed/attacked/shocked/affected, I have a serious question about one point you include to support your suspicion you experienced a paranormal assault. You state, "my house is over 150 years old and my room (the master bedroom, my parents made the dining room theirs) has 4 brick walls with no windows or mirrors" and no-one, thus far, has questioned this. What manner of rationale was employed in the construction of a master bedroom without a natural light source one-hundred fifty years ago? I understand that the Canadian Winter is more harsh than it is in New England, and far more deadly than the English ones of my childhood, but "no windows" sounds like someone was building a wendigo-proof bunker, not a bedroom! Certainly the mid-Victorian craze for high ceilings and tall windows would not be a sensible decision in a colder climate, but having no windows AT ALL seems sinister -and downright dangerous- to begin with. How did a room with no windows pass the Fire Marshall's or Town Manager's safety inspection in order to be put on the real estate market for your parents to purchase it?

Have you looked into the history of the house, its construction, etc.? Your profile indicates you're a teen; maybe you could figure out a way to get credit in History class to do a research project on your home?

Additionally, "way to go!" to your 'rents. Seriously? "The master bedroom has no windows. Hmmm... I know, we'll convert the dining room into a bedroom and bung our teen into the dark cavern / fire hazard at the back of the house?" Many people would feel uncomfortable in such a space; unless you're a deeply committed Goth, a post-modern Vampire, an S&M enthusiast, or an acid-dropping blacklight addict (that's your business; I'm not going to judge), I don't really see an advantage to sleeping in a dungeon that's likely to have poor air circulation/humidity/mold issues and result in your having a Vitamin D deficiency, a hormonal imbalance due to your pineal gland's inability to regulate your biorhythms, or a horrible case of flat-out depression.

Even without the peculiar phenomena you've described, I'd strongly recommend GETTING OUT OF THAT ROOM! Having no windows is not the same as voluntarily putting up heavy curtains to block out light because of -for example- working the night shift. No windows means musty, dank air, perhaps you've been reassured by the claim that you've got "environmentally controlled air," which was the culprit in the first major case on record (Philadelphia? Pittsburgh? -well, Pennsylvania- in 1976) that killed 34 American War Veterans and affected at least 200 others at an American Legion conference, hence "Legionnaire's Disease." This is not an isolated historical phenomenon: Look up "Canadian nursing home," 2005, and "Legionnaire's Disease;" or --and I just discovered this as I was double-checking that "Philadelphia" was the correct city-- in the last eight months, the city of Flint, Michigan, has had 87 reported cases of Legionnaire's disease (washingtonpost.com), and that city's ecology is similar to those in many Canadian locations.

I lean toward the Ball-Lightning idea, but have no clue why passing through a brick wall -read "clay, minerals, multiple different electrical resistances of the constituent particulate matter- from outside wouldn't have grounded the charge; if your room has the right environment for generating ball lightning, then that's YET ANOTHER REASON to change rooms!

Take care of your health and wellbeing,
-Biblio.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Hi 1301143, I agree with Tweed than about the Ball Lightning. Yes as Rook said any lightning should have charge (in Rook's words opposite charges) but I feel that it might be an electric shock. 1301143, did you put your iPod on charge when you were reading the comic book? With some chargers, it might have just triggered electric charges, which you might have experienced. Just my guess. Still whatever you said about the injury you sustained reminds me of electric shock. I don't think it has got anything to do with paranormal.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

P.S.: You said that the blue ball hit you. I just wanted to know if you were reading with your lights on in your room or just you were reading with the light that was coming from the iPod?

SDS
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Hi again, quick question were you wearing earbuds? I assumed you were because of the pain you described. 😢
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Hi 1301143,

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time with this. 😢
It doesn't sound paranormal to me, well it could be, but I feel it's likely you were electrocuted.
Where did the hollow blue thing come from? Did it happen as you reached for your ipod?
Most modern furnishings, including bedspreads and furnishings, are polyester and this can create a charge.

Apple products have been zapping people for ages, nothing as extreme as your experience, but some pretty nasty shocks all the same. I'm guessing your laughter may have rubbed against the ipod, producing a charge which was released when you reached for it. Like what everyone says about ball lightening, if all the right conditions are there you're in for a heck of a surprise. Well, it'd be the same with static charges and electronics, it's outrageously unlikely someone will have an experience like yours, but strange things happen.

Other things to consider are electric blankets, phone chargers (especially cheap ones), wear and tear on the Apple magsafe power supply. If any of this applies to that evening you may have a faulty device.

I'm really sorry this has happened to you. Take care and please let us know if you get to the bottom of it. Feel free to ask any questions.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Ladydarke - those are totally cool. Like a tattoo. Maybe being hit by lightning isn't ALL bad!
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
I feel some Johnny Cash coming on...

But seriously, it appears you were struck by electricity in some form. Highly unusual. Did you have any burning on your clothing or skin? Was there a smell or anything like that?

I hope you're ok now.

Regards

Mack
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Here's a link to a site with a picture of ball lightning that matches your description,1301143. Does that look like what you saw?

Http://phys.org/news/2012-10-mystery-ball-lightning.html
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
"BALL LIGHTNING does not look like "lightning." Instead, it usually appears as a mysterious glowing sphere which drifts horizontally through the air. It is typically the size of a grapefruit, but sometimes appears as small as a pea, or as large as a bus. It sometime hovers at a few feet or tens of feet altitude, but can also bounce along the ground. It usually lasts only a few seconds, but sometimes persists much longer. Various colors of "BL" have been seen, sometimes it changes colors, and sometimes it has internal structures such as glowing layers or moving sparks. Sometimes it disappears silently, other times it explodes with extreme violence."

From:

Http://amasci.com/tesla/ballgtn.html

Here is my guess as to why this appeared 'inside'. As with any type of electricity it will find the path of least resistance, if there are minerals present in the ground and or walls that provided an 'easy' pathway this phenomenon could have entered the described room. Keep in mind that all any kind of lighting needs to happen is the right 'charge' (ok, ok opposing charges) to be present in the atmosphere, this is most common during thunderstorms.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

On a side note...

"Researchers measured a spectrum of light emitted by the rare and elusive ball lightning."

Found here: http://physics.aps.org/articles/v7/5

Respectfully,

Rook

(I know one article says 'rare' but it does happen and has been measured.)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Okay, without the benefit of Google (cause I'm too lazy right now LOL), I have a question. If it was a ball of lightning, how did it get in the bedroom? Brick walls and no windows 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
I have to agree with Spockie. This does sound like a Ball Lightning incident. It's rare and being struck evne more rare but possible.

Respectfully,

Rook
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Wow! That almost sounds like ball lightning. It doesn't always happen during a thunderstorm and it definitely can cause some damage.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: